Sign in to follow this  
enigmatic_mystery

Bomb threats in schools

Today I sit at home and type this topic, the reason I am home and not at school is because there was a bomb threat at my school districts middle school. The students of the middle school and the high school were sent home. I am in 10th grade and sit here wondering why I was sent home. Also I wonder who on this planet would even think about putting out such a threat. The threat was "You have 35 minutes, there is a bomb and bin laden is here." Obviously the school was evacuated to the high school, how I know this, little people running around the halls, then for some reason everyone in the high school was sent home. Currently I am watching out for the local eidition reports on the news for some more imformation. But the point of this thread is WHY?! Why the heck would someone do this?! WHY??????! :hug::flex::hug::flex: It doesn't boost my confidence in America's public school systems.

e_m, it's not just the schools, it's everywhere. We are all threatened. I hate living like this too. But this is what terrorists do, they instill terror in people. That's why they are called "Terrorists". It may just be a prank by some kids or even adults, but the way things are now we have to take these threats seriously. Better your home if something happens than sitting in classrooms. We have to deal with the hand we are dealt, sorry to say. :flex::flex:

It's really not the public school system my friend. We have some very disturbed people who live in our society. We also have some people who think it's funny and powerful to be able to close down a school or school system. All I can say is I am sorry this happened to you. I'm glad you see the seriousness of it. I also hope whoever did it will be caught and punished.

Probably some punks who want to get home early. But to fall for "Bin Laden is at your school and he has a bomb." pretty silly. But then again, you don't want to take chances... Don't you worry about it. Justice will have its revenge.

This isn't the first time I've heard of schools having bomb threats. recently the college I am taking grad school courses at had a bomb threat and they evacuated the building.

It wouldn't have sounded like a real bomb threat to me but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I have an update. The two kids who where stupid enough to put the threat out have been caught and are in custody, no names where realeased, I wish they where so that I could give them a peice of my mind for making me have to have a double load of work tonight!

Just Happy and lucky that in the days when i went to school- elementary to College and post Education Schooling i didn't have to worry about Bomb Threats but can imagine must be pretty scary for alot of American Kids going to school these days.

:flex::flex::hug::hug:

I have an update. The two kids who where stupid enough to put the threat out have been caught and are in custody, no names where realeased, I wish they where so that I could give them a peice of my mind for making me have to have a double load of work tonight!

277581[/snapback]

I am glad they were caught and hope they are punished to the extreme the law allows. We actually have this problem at my university when especially immature college students pull the fire alarm, forcing the building to empty, and disrupting class, not to mention annoying the fire department. They are virtually NEVER caught. Every year we have several false alarms.

The closest that my old school had to a bomb threat was "The school will blow up." Turned out that there was a big leak due to corroded gas pipes in the science lab, so the "bomb" threat was more like a safety warning.