Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

[S] First Flight PRE/POST Thread

9 out of 10

Click for Spoiler:

We got Archer/Trip friendship, Archer/T'Pol bonding, and greater insight into the characters. I also loved the feeling of the flashbacks. As someone else said, it was very reminissant of The Right Stuff and Apolo 13, very good bridge between reality and fiction. (Yes, I do recognize that Enterprise isn't real - yet.) :look:

The only way it could have been better was if it had more Malcolm.

The episode was fantastic. I give it a 9. I think the series is really starting to grow some legs. Right on!

I also like this episode more than "Bounty."  Good backhistory... 8 out of 10!

Click for Spoiler:

the launch of the second NX prototype were both awesome. :innocent:

Click for Spoiler:

yeah that launch of the second nx prototype was cool, did anyone else think SUPERMAN, the ride that is. i still wanna go try it out. but now i can feel as though im launching in the nx prototype if i ever do get to go on it. oh yeah those beer glasses were comon glasses at something like TGIFRIDAYS or something like that. just dont have to many of those and go driving off.

Good ep. I give it a 7.

Click for Spoiler:

Got an especial kick out seeing Ruby. Was almost precisely the character I imagined from the previous mentions. I also really enjoyed Mr. Carradine's performance.

Click for Spoiler:

The origin of the nickname TRIP! I'm glad they finally addressed that. For those of you who missed it, Trip is the third to bear the name Charles Tucker. Third=Triple=Trip

:laugh:

I have just finished watching First Flight. I thought it was AWESOME

Click for Spoiler:

I thought the back story to Archer and why he is the way he is was great.

I allso notest that the NX-A/B looked very much like Chuck Yeagers X-1 the plain that broke the sound barrier (that was a nice touch)

allso something I found funny that I notest was the part where Archer punches Robbinson did anybody note that Tirps reaction was to "GRAB THE DRINKS!"

All in all I thought that the episode ROCKED :rolleyes:

I noticed. :rolleyes:

Click for Spoiler:

Obviously Trip's protective instincts where Jon is concerned didn't kick in immediately. :rolleyes: My husband called it a "healthy, normal male reaction. Save the beer, dude!! I love a prequel episode that actually feels like a prequel era instead of the 24th century in disguise, don't you? Criminy, Archer and Trip were precious together from the very start, weren't they? ;)

I have just finished watching First Flight.  I thought it was AWESOME

Click for Spoiler:

allso something I found funny that I notest was the part where Archer punches Robbinson did anybody note that Tirps reaction was to "GRAB THE DRINKS!"

All in all I thought that the episode ROCKED :rolleyes:

I noticed that too....

Click for Spoiler:

Apparently a lot of people picked up on that. I thought it was a technical detail; have the actor move the breakable props so other actors don't get hurt.

This episode gave me a greater appreciation of Archer; for some reason I thought he'd been a paper pusher but he was fly-boy. Big difference.

I really liked First Flight, I dont understand, but I always like the flash back episodes better. Like Carbon Creek. This episode really explained a lot and I hope that this show isnt the only show that goes into the pre-warp era.

Click for Spoiler:

(Abakai2003 @ May 18 2003, 12:25 PM)...also something I found funny that I notest was the part where Archer punches Robbinson did anybody note that Tirps reaction was to "GRAB THE DRINKS!"

ROFLMAO!! I totally missed it! Now I'm gonna have to watch it again. :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

I watched it tonight, it was okay, good but not great.......

Click for Spoiler:

I enjoyed seeing what it was like during the "early years" of Starfleet, and what Robinson said about Starfleet doesn't want good pilots, the wat good captains. I'm not really sure why they had to wear space suits in the Warp 2 ships, Cochrane didn't need wear on in First Contact so....i'm guessing they put that in to be more like the early years in our Space Program, all and all it was okay, but I can't wait till Expanse that looks sooooo good :laugh:

Grade:7.5

Don't forget ENT Chat this Wednesday from 8pm ET

I just got done watching both First Flight and The Bounty again.. Both were great episodes, Enterprise is finally starting to grow up!

First Flight

Click for Spoiler:

was a great episode no doubt. I give it 8/10. I loved the flash back feel of it and I think it gave us a lot of good back story. I also thought it was fun to see a bunch of starfleet officers hanging out at a bar and drinking real alcohol (whens the last time we saw that!). My only problem with the episode, and it isn't a big one, is that I found the Robinson character to be rather annoying. I blame it on acting however not writing. I really liked the NASA feel to the episode as well. To ansewer the question about why they had to wear the space suits in a warp 2 ship, I think it was probably more for safty then anything else. Since it was a test flight there is no telling what could happen. If Robinson hadn't been wearing his space suit when he ejected who knows if he would have lived or not.

Bounty

Click for Spoiler:

was also a really good episode. Though not as informative as First Flight I think I actually enjoyed it more. Archers escape from the Klingon ship was just cool and I think that when T'Pol showed her emotions it highlighted what a good actress Jolene Blalock really is. I also liked seeing the story from Judgement continued. I wonder if the Klingon's hatred for Archer is what will eventually lead them to go to war with Starfleet. I also give Bounty 8/10