Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Romulan War

I've read a recent article in the "News" section, that...

Click for Spoiler:

The Xindi will be the big foes of ENT. They want a "new foe". They said the Romulans won't be that foe becuase we've seen them many times. Well, what about the Romulan War? I was very excited about seeing that story arc! Are they gonna replace the Romulan War with a war with the Xindi?! I'm very upset here. What do you all think's gonna happen?

Click for Spoiler:

The war with the Romulans shouldn't happen till mid season 4, so I think to fill the void they're gonna toss in these Xindi people. I agree that it seems odd they wouldn't want to use exsisting groups to tie the whole Star Trek universe togeather, since that's what I think more people want than these major ones like the Sulibans that don't exsist other than on ENT.

I think we will see it, we have to, it's the whole point of this series, the birth of the Federation, of which the Romulan War is a major part of.

Click for Spoiler:

In the TOS episode Balance of Terror, Kirk said that during the Earth-Romulan War, both the Romulans and Terrans lobbed nukes across space at each other. Maybe that's still the most powerful weapon they have on a large scale, so when the war starts, then they'll either have Enterprise chunk the nukes, or they'll do it fomr Earth.

Click for Spoiler:

Perhaps they will have the Romulan War in seasons 5-7, then finish it and found the Federation in a movie?

Click for Spoiler:

that's what i'm thinking, the war starts in 2156-ish, it's only 2152-ish, they could do like the TOS movies did with the Klingons in STVI

If anything....

Click for Spoiler:

The conflict with the Xindi would make Starfleet able to wage war. The NX-02 hasn't even been built by 'The Expanse'. This attack may start a mass production of NX class ships. Even a mass upgrade of the warp 2 fleet to warp 3 or 4. Then they could fight.

This is all theory and conjecture but I put it in a spoiler box anyway…

Click for Spoiler:

I like the idea of using the Xindi as a means to prepare for the stink with the Romulans. I also like the idea of seeing the formation of the FED on the big screen.

Setting the Romulans aside for the moment, and concentrating on how the Xindi fit into the BIG picture; I think the most important thing about them is that they are attacking Earth (of the past) because of their knowledge of Earthlings involvement in the destruction of their world, what is it, four hundred years in the future from the time of ENT (?) That’s after NEM, right?

I think they are setting the stage for the next series, which goes back to the future (post NEM) but draws heavily on events we are seeing on ENT now. That could also explain why we are seeing so many new species on ENT, they are creating whole new backstorys to use as material to expand on in the post NEM timeframe. Make any sense? Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Click for Spoiler:

I like the idea of using the Xindi as a means to prepare for the stink with the Romulans. I also like the idea of seeing the formation of the FED on the big screen.

Setting the Romulans aside for the moment, and concentrating on how the Xindi fit into the BIG picture; I think the most important thing about them is that they are attacking Earth (of the past) because of their knowledge of Earthlings involvement in the destruction of their world, what is it, four hundred years in the future from the time of ENT (?)  That’s after NEM, right?

I think they are setting the stage for the next series, which goes back to the future (post NEM) but draws heavily on events we are seeing on ENT now. That could also explain why we are seeing so many new species on ENT, they are creating whole new backstorys to use as material to expand on in the post NEM timeframe. Make any sense? Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Fascinating theory Alterego! Definitely has a lot of potential.

Ok these spoilers are getting on my nerves... BIG TIME. Anyway, to add my thoughts, I would like ENT to stray from the original plot of the Romulan war and go more into the Temporary Cold War. Having the Temparary Cold War as a main plot for the last season can cause a ripple effect if they wanted to start a series show involving the time after Voyager.

Ok these spoilers are getting on my nerves... BIG TIME. Anyway, to add my thoughts, I would like ENT to stray from the original plot of the Romulan war and go more into the Temporary Cold War. Having the Temparary Cold War as a main plot for the last season can cause a ripple effect if they wanted to start a series show involving the time after Voyager.

True, but if the Romulan War doesn't happen, then the Federation may not be founded, and if that happens, Voyager would have never of existed.

Personally, I'll extremely ticked off if they don't show the Romulan War. I thought this series was suppose to tell the following 3 stories:

1. Starfleet's first mission

2. Romulan War

3. Founding of the Federation

Ya can't just use the TCW to change whatever you want, what about the previous shows?

TO AHANE: The spoiler buttons are a rule. We're suppose to use them when discussing upcoming Trek episodes, story arcs, or news concerning the next movie.

They are still a couple of years away from the Romulin war,I'm sure we'll here more about them towards the end of Enterprise's 7 year run.

Click for Spoiler:

Setting the Romulans aside for the moment, and concentrating on how the Xindi fit into the BIG picture; I think the most important thing about them is that they are attacking Earth (of the past) because of their knowledge of Earthlings involvement in the destruction of their world, what is it, four hundred years in the future from the time of ENT (?)  That’s after NEM, right?

thats great conjecture alterego, i like your ideas, sure your not a writer for ENT?well you should be. i hope it works out like you put it, or similar that would be neat to see. but i have confidence it will all work out the way it should. and the romulan war would be neat to see too.

Click for Spoiler:

thats great conjecture alterego, i like your ideas, sure your not a writer for ENT?well you should be. i hope it works out like you put it, or similar that would be neat to see. but i have confidence it will all work out the way it should. and the romulan war would be neat to see too.

I agree. You have alot of great ideas Alterego.

Click for Spoiler:

I agree. You have alot of great ideas Alterego.

One request, if the next movie does take place 200 years after Nemesis, can B4 be an Admiral or Ambassador or something? :laugh:

I think the Romulan wars will start near the end of Enterprise's run. The founding of the Federation reportedly was prompted by this war. I would love to see the UFP established in either a movie or the last eps of Enterprise.

Thank you; cptwright, ddillard, Takara_Soong, and Takara, I don’t see why not. By that time the B4 would have incorporated all of Data’s memories, he could behave exactly as Data by then.

Thank you; cptwright,  ddillard, Takara_Soong, and Takara, I don’t see why not. By that time the B4 would have incorporated all of Data’s memories, he could behave exactly as Data by then.

your welcome i like to give credit where its due :laugh:

I would love to see B4 incorporate data's memories and become someone important....But he would not be able to have emotions, since the emotion chip would have been.....lost with Data... :laugh::laugh:

I would love to see B4 incorporate data's memories and become someone important....But he would not be able to have emotions, since the emotion chip would have been.....lost with Data... :laugh:  :laugh:

You never know. Since B4 was constructed before Lore and Lore had some emotions maybe B4 was given them too.