Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ CarTalk ~

I know there is alot I don't know about my car. I do my own tune-ups and add fluids and stuff like that. But when it starts making some funny sound, most guys know exactly what's wrong where as I think it's just a squirell under the hood :laugh:

I don't really know that much about cars. What I do know has been from experience. Like what it sounds like when you're brake pads are totally gone and you're down to the rivets. Eventually I decided I needed to find out what that horrible grinding noise was, especially after it got too loud for the radio to drown out. :laugh: I have a whole checklist of noises that my car is supposed to make. If I hear something new then I have to go investigating. ;) Or turn the radio up. :look:

Yea, well, you see, it's like this, for me anyway. If the car still rolls, stops and steers, I figure why worry. :eek: But then if you let the transmission fluid get so low that the dip-stick is dry, hmm, I just did that. :laugh: That will prevent the car from rolling, I don't like that. :look: And that horrible grinding when you try to stop isn't good either. I got that going on too now. :( My steering is good though. ;);)

In high-school and college, I did all of my own repairs. The most difficult was replacing the valve seals on my Mustang without an air compressor. Most of the time, it was just

tinkering.

My mechanic told me not to worry about the leak under my car.  It's when it STOPS leaking that I need to worry.  :flex:

277185[/snapback]

We must have the same mechanic :flex: mine said the same!

So I noticed ours had stopped leaking and took it into the shop, he said I was right on time; one quart below empty.