Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Star Trek Author, David R. George III, Chat

StarTrekFans.net's

Trek-News-Talk

photo_1485__WinCE_.jpg

Star Trek Author, David R. George III, will be joining us in the chat room October 30th at 4:00PM Eastern Time (1PM PT), and will be answering all of your questions you may have.

His books he wrote (or co-wrote) includes:

The_34th_Rule.jpg

The 34th Rule (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

Serpents_Among_the_Ruins.jpg

Serpents Among the Ruins (The Lost Era, 2311)

Twilight.jpg

Twilight (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 1)

Worlds_of_Star_Trek_Deep_Space_Nine.jpg

Worlds of Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Volume Three: The Dominion and Ferenginar (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

I want to thank him for accepting to come on the 30th. We really hope to see all of you there.

Can't make it and want me to relay a question for you? PM me! :frusty:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

David has also been gracious enough to join the thread in the Romulan Embassy dedicated to the Tomed incident and his 'lost era' book "Serpents Among the Ruins", so check it out.

Guest Ktrek

Well, I would love to have been there for this chat as I love David R. George III's books. I'm really disappointed that Startrekfans.net has announced a chat at the same time as BookTrek's chat with Keith R.A. DeCandido the author of many very popular Star Trek books. I know that DanielBerry (a STFans member) has been advertising it here for at least two whole months. Could you have possibly selected a better time than to conflict with an existing members Trek author chat, even though it is at another message board? I hope that some members from here will at least consider joining the chat with Keith on Saturday at 4:00PM EST. :frusty:

Kevin

Edited by Ktrek

Well, if there is enough demand for moving into another day, then we might be able to mutually agree to change it. I have heard about this chat being held at BookTrek, but I did not notice what day it was being held; nor does it really concern me, relate to me, or really affect the chats that I personally schedule here at StarTrekFans.net. It does not have an impact in what I do. (Realistically it of course might have an impact on the attendance at the chat I scheduled, though.) No site has a monopoly on guest chats and overlaps will arise. And in truth, this should not be a big surprise because the time of the chat with David parallels most other chats that I have been doing. ---I don't know what to say, but that without being reparative or extra longwinded.

If others want it to be moved, then give me a PM and we will take it from there.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Actually, Ktrek, the KRAD chat at BookTrek is the same day, but if I'm not mistaken it is at 4 PM GMT, which would be 11 AM EST. So the time does not conflict with the 4 PM EST for the David R. George chat and chatters could attend both events if they so desire. This is the time information that was given to me by DanielBerry of BookTrek, so I hope I'm right in this.

bullwhip.gif

Guest Ktrek

Master_q,

I looked into the chat time and Indy is correct on the time and I am mistaken. The BookTrek chat actually takes place at 11:00 EST. I apologize for the misunderstanding! I hope everyone can attend BOTH chats!

Kevin

Edited by Ktrek