Sign in to follow this  
Cougar

Enterprise Technology

I don't know if there's already about a topic about this.

Here we can discuss Enterprise and 22nd century technology.

I like everything about the technology of ENT... Sure it's more advanced looking than TOS but they made the right choice not to go backwards for the sake of continuity in this instance.

Ya The Enterprise NCC-1701 has photon torpedoes.

I was wondering. Does Enterprise have a Utopia Planitia at Mars?

I'm sure if there is a Utopia Planitia on Mars in 2151, but I doubt there is. Starfleet simply does not produce enough ships for such a need. Perhaps, we will see it's creation soon.

P.S. With all the ENT topics, I assume that you, cougar, are an Enterprise fan! Welcome to the club!

Yes I am a fan! I used to like when ity first came on but after a while I thought it was boring. But since the third season I love it.

I like everything about the technology of ENT... Sure it's more advanced looking than TOS but they made the right choice not to go backwards for the sake of continuity in this instance.

273771[/snapback]

I agree. There's also the fact that from an aesthetic standpoint, tastes change. I think Enterprise's technology just looks a little more advanced because it was designed now while the sets and props of TOS were designed decades ago, and use colors and forms that were popular then. Look at the first StarWars movie, man you gotta love those mutton chops some of the Imperial officers sport, don't ya? :)

One site that i like a lot that has a bunch of info on enterprise is http://www.starfleetcom.net/ . I've said this a couple times before, but i'd like to see them switch back to Spatial Torpedoes from now on; i mean, aside from the fact these new torps only use antimatter instead of a fusion-ish warhead, they look like bonafide photon torpedoes (heck, even the name is spelled almost EXACTLY the same :)).