Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Timeline scene in Storm Front II

Did you try to pick out specific events when the "timeline" was resetting itself.

I was able to pick out some events but didn't recognize others or couldnt' see them.

What I picked out.

Cell division

cave painting

Dinosaur

Egyptian art

Etruscan statue

Stonehenge

Easter Island

pyramid

chariots (possibly Roman)

crusades

American plains - with buffalo herd

American Indian settlement

railroad

American Civil War

Lincoln

Kitty Hawk

Churchhill

FDR

Space flight (rocket launch)

Television

Klu Klux Klan

Hitler

JFK & Jackie

Margaret Thatcher

Reagan

Nixon

Khomeni

Bill and Hillary

Three Mile Island

WTC twin towers (with smoke)

Bin Laden

Then scenes from seasons 1-3

Some I just didn't recognize - did anyone else notice anything that struck their attention?

We noticed the Xindi weapon. Does that mean the attack on Florida still happened? Guess it would huh so that's good; everything wasn't a total reset.

Yes, UH, I did notice most of the same things you did. And also they were all on square outlines, like a tv screen. I've always wondered what a time-line looked like. I tried to write parallel timelines in one of my stories. So I have thought about this visual concept before. In mine two ships skipped in and out of two, parallel, looking for irregularities. This was neat to actually see what they could come up with, on the show last night I mean. Since "Timeline" is a concept, not something we can actually see. I think they put a whole new twist on this by showing one.

Did you try to pick out specific events when the "timeline" was resetting itself.

I was able to pick out some events but didn't recognize others or couldnt' see them.

What I picked out.

Cell division

cave painting

Dinosaur

Egyptian art

Etruscan statue

Stonehenge

Easter Island

pyramid

chariots (possibly Roman)

crusades

American plains - with buffalo herd

American Indian settlement

railroad

American Civil War

Lincoln

Kitty Hawk

Churchhill

FDR

Space flight (rocket launch)

Television

Klu Klux Klan

Hitler

JFK & Jackie

Margaret Thatcher

Reagan

Nixon

Khomeni

Bill and Hillary

Three Mile Island

WTC twin towers (with smoke)

Bin Laden

Then scenes from seasons 1-3

Some I just didn't recognize - did anyone else notice anything that struck their attention?

273106[/snapback]

I watched the events and spotted quite a few but didn't really pay real close attention to where I could point them out at this time. I'd have to go back and re-watch.

We noticed the Xindi weapon. Does that mean the attack on Florida still happened? Guess it would huh so that's good; everything wasn't a total reset.

273143[/snapback]

I saw that too and was glad, I would have been upset if they just reset things back to before the Xindi.

You pretty much got everything (and more!) than I saw, but I was paying more attention to the dialogue. (Now I wish I had taped it.)

I think it would've been cool if the timeline showed stuff that Archer wouldn't be aware of but still happened before his time, for instance, the Enterprise-E destroying the Borg sphere over earth before the warp test.

Yes, UH, I did notice most of the same things you did. And also they were all on square outlines, like a tv screen. I've always wondered what a time-line looked like. I tried to write parallel timelines in one of my stories. So I have thought about this visual concept before. In mine two ships skipped in and out of two, parallel, looking for irregularities. This was neat to actually see what they could come up with, on the show last night I mean. Since "Timeline" is a concept, not something we can actually see. I think they put a whole new twist on this by showing one.

273144[/snapback]

I don't think they were in an ACTUAL timeline. I think what we saw was some kind of computer generated holographic display of the timeline. Surely, Daniels would need something of that sort to do his business.

I noticed some of those. I also noticed Nelson Mandela. But now I will go back and look at my tape and see if I see some of those. I'd like to see the cell division. Why is that there....does it represent something in evolution?

The cell division is at the beginning - I guess it represents the beginning of life.

There is one image near the end of the montage of a young man waving his arm - I couldn't get a clear view but I couldn't figure out who he was. There were some more I wasn't sure about.

I think it would've been cool if the timeline showed stuff that Archer wouldn't be aware of but still happened before his time, for instance, the Enterprise-E destroying the Borg sphere over earth before the warp test.

273375[/snapback]

Actually, if you look very closely toward the end of the sequence, you do see a Borg sphere exploding.

Really? I wish I had a tape of it so I can go back and study it all. Or better yet, on DVD so I can do slo-mo!

273375[/snapback]

Actually, if you look very closely toward the end of the sequence, you do see a Borg sphere exploding.

273612[/snapback]

i have the epsiode i downloaded it online and its not a borg sphere, its the second zindi weapon

You know, I do remember a scene from the Xindi weapon as it was approaching Earth, but it was Archer running away (in slo-mo) from the main core (or whatever it was) exploding. I'd like to see it myself... Who knows? Either way, a clip of Enterprise-E destroying the Borg sphere would've been cool if it was tossed in there somewhere.

With our limited resourses I think it was the best they could come up with in order for us to see specific events. But In my mind a timeline would look like a swirling double helix, much like a DNA strand, only spinning. Too fast for any visuals.

Edited by Jeanway

Hmmm.... I would have liked it if they showed something relating unto the Eugenics Wars (1992-1996), or Khan Noonien Singh..

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

In Star Trek a timeline is not just the linear path, but also the paths of ALL timelines and how they change and alter one another and create the CURRENT timeline. A representation of the timeline in Star Trek therefore could not even be linear, but 3 dimensional. This would also just be a REPRESENTATION of the timeline, as TIMELINES are not a physical entity, but rather, an idea.

:) Too bad we didn't see Sam Beckett step in to the Quantum Leap Accelerator and disappear. :)

274068[/snapback]

That would be rather amusing. Sadly, I doubt that many people who've seen only Enterprise (rather than a whole lot of sci-fi) would've understood the reference.

Yeah, the quantum leap reference would have been great. And did anyone else get the feeling that what Scott was really saying to Daniels and TPTB was "Enough, already! No more stories about time travel. I'm sick of them and paradoxes give me a headache! LOL! Poor Scott.