Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Spiner on 'Friends'

I was just watching an episode in the last series of 'Friends', I'd forgotten that Brent Spiner did a guest spot as Rachael's interviewer. I now he wasn't on for long but what did ye all think?

It was great. At first I didn't recognise him. I knew he was familiar from someplace but I couldn't tell from where. I eventually got it. I was surprised and excited. It was a great one.

I've seen the Frasier :) episode, and I was hoping to see that Friends episode, but I'd have to watch the show :) to be sure I don't miss it. I've only seen one episode a few years ago, and I turned it off after 2 lines that I don't even want to post here! :)

No it's not. "Friends" is stupid, not to mention unrealistic and non-christian. I don't watch it. I've never heard of "Fraiser", but if it's anything like "Friends", then I don't want to. I don't care if Brent Spiner guest starred. Good Grief, the things people watch these days!

No it's not. "Friends" is stupid, not to mention unrealistic and non-christian. I don't watch it. I've never heard of "Fraiser", but if it's anything like "Friends", then I don't want to. I don't care if Brent Spiner guest starred. Good Grief, the things people watch these days!

277597[/snapback]

:flex: You mean to say StarTrek is realistic? Not to mention christian. How on earth do you define a christian show? :flex: Most shows on tv are not real: its for amusement, who cares if its christian or not. Its entertainment. And friends is some damn fine good entertainment. :hug:

I greatly dislike Fraiser but at least I have heared of it. How can you judge a show that you have never seen? Even more, Fraiser is one of the most popular shows in the States and not even hearing about it sounds like one must never watch tv nor read tv-magazines or whatever in order to not know about that show... :hug:

Friends isn't real life but then if it was then what sort of entertainment value would it be? The series didnt attempt to re-create reality - but to create a fictional world where funny and silly things happen. I see very little immorality in it! Oh, they have sex outside of marriage. But I mean, come on, that's about it. And at least they're honest with it. There are many out there who do it and then cover it up with a veil of hypocrasy. They dont drink (coffee!!!!) and dont smoke. They work, look out for each other and have a great sense of loyalty and decency. I think that the Friends characters (in their fictional little universe) are very moral and Jesus himself would agree. I cant believe I just siad that! Ha ha ha!!!

You said that they have sex outside of marrige. I don't care if they're honest about it --that's enough to make it stupid!!

279950[/snapback]

People have sex outside of marriage all the time in Star Trek too.

As a Christian, I find Friends to be one of the funniest shows I've seen in many years, Joey keeps me laughing through most of the episodes.

And while it's not a "reality" show it does represent a lot of real life aspects. Sex outside of marriage is one aspect that happens in real life, even among Christians.

You call the show "stupid" because the characters have sex outside of marriage? It's very rare now that people don't have sex outside of marriage, does this make everyone unlike you a bad person? 'Friends' is a T.V. show, it's not a christian show or a non-Christian show, it's just a show, just for entertainment.