Sign in to follow this  
master_q

SaveEnterprise.com Update Chat w/ Brandon & Tim

Sun Oct 3 21:00:02 2004:Brandon_SE [0/] AAS-Login:

drwho42: Hello there Brandon.

master_q: Welcome Brandon :clap:

Brandon_SE: Hello

trekzone: Welcome

master_q: Tim won't be joining us then, Brandon?

Brandon_SE: Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. His daughter is in the hospital so he's up there with her at the moment.

sea_trooper: May the force be with her.

trekzone: im sorry to here that Brandon, my best wishes to Tim and his family

Alterego: Condolences...

recycle: hope she gets better

master_q: We give Tim our best.

Brandon_SE: Thank you. He may pop in if he gets home in time. He left answers to some questions to share with you all.

master_q: I gave some questions to Tim via e-mail ahead of time and I have his answers here. I'll copy and paste them into the chat room right now. And, Brandon, you're more then welcome to add to it.

master_q: What do you believe is the current status or state of Star Trek: Enterprise and its foreseeable and not so foreseeable future?

[Tim Brazeal] Hello, first, I would like to say thanks for having me back. I do quite a few chats and look forward to doing this one. I think Enterprise right now has more curiosity built up than it has since the first aire date. I think with Manny Coto at the wheel, we will start to see more storylines connecting with previous series. I know many of the fans want to see the timeline start to fall into play and I am sure Manny will do just that.

So I really think that you will see Enterprise do a major turn around and attract more fans from the other series as well. Getting Brent Spiner on is a start. Shorter Arcs will help out as well.

Unforeseeable future huh! I think the worse thing that can happen is that Enterprise does not have a 5th season. But to be honest, I do not see this happening. This is the reason you see the complete changes in writing staff. Paramount does not want to see Enterprise end anymore than you or I do. That is the purpose of bringing in fresh talent. To help keep it alive and exciting. I am not saying that Brannon and Berman was not doing there jobs here. They wrote some really good scripts. But bringing in Manny was a really good move. I think we will see the full seven season run for Enterprise. (I would be just as happy turning Save Enterprise into a fan and actor support site). We are not going anywhere.

master_q: I again want to thank you, Brandon, for coming. We appreciate it a lot. Do you have anything you would like to add?

master_q: And again I want to give my best wishes for Tim.

Brandon_SE: Well, Tim pretty much said what I would say. Manny Coto seems to be bringing new life to Enterprise. There's a lot of excitement for Season 4 and it seems Paramount's intention to make sure Trek doesn't end anytime soon/

master_q: Since our last chat could you please give us an update on the SaveEnterprise.com campaign? And what will your campaign try to be doing to help ensure that the show goes beyond a fourth season?

[Tim Brazeal] The execs at CBS and UPN has already stated that all the fan support in the world will not help this year. The letter writing, faxing, emails will not help. The only thing that they are interested in is ratings. So this really narrows down what needs to be done by the fans that want to support the show. We have many really good ideas to show support this year. But since the letter campaigns and calls will not make a big difference this year. Another approach has to take place. Here is part of where we are heading.

1. Getting the actors more publicity. Emailing and calling a ton of talk shows to get them on and noticed. (We are making all of this automated on our site. All you will have to do with most emails is just click on the talk show's email or contact and the entire email will be filled in. So basically, all you will have to do is click on the link and type your name and press send. The easier we make this for all the more people we will get supporting Enterprise on a reg basis.

2. The Nielsens: We will be also directing efforts towards the Nielsens ratings system since this is where the show down will be. We have some really unique approaches on how to take this one on that will be posted.

3. The Sponsors: since the letter and phone campaigns will not carry as much weight as last season. We will have it setup on saveenterprise.com where you will be able to just click on the sponsors contact info and drop them a support email. We really want the people that purchase the products to let them know that they are buying the products because they advertise on Enterprise. So when you make a purchase from one of the sponsors. Just come to the site and click on a quick link and let them know. Once again, the email is automatic in most cases. just click on the sponsor's link and click send. How easy is that?

The Fans: Something else we are currently working on is fan support on a local basis. There are many things that fans can do on a local basis to support the show. We will be posting more on our web site soon. So please check back often.

I would also like to say that SaveEnterprise has had many other fan sites that have joined the fight with us. one of them is one of the largest and oldest around. Star Fleet Command has come on board as well as Star Base Indy. they are currently promoting an all Enterprise Convention in Indiana on Thanksgiving weekend. So go to our site and click on the link. Since this is a fan supported event, they really need the support. We have about 10 or so major Trek groups that have joined us to help out. Of course the Bring Back Kirk campaign and our site has become pretty close. I stay in contact with Mark fairly often. I know you had them here a week or so ago.

I think getting Kirk back would raise the ratings for Enterprise through the roof. As I said a couple of minutes ago. Bringing back Brent Spiner is a good step in the right direction. I think that getting Shatner back would be the utlimate to attract all Star Trek fans. The way it is looking now, it will happen. I think that you will see Shatner on Enterprise.

Well, I have to run. My daughter is in the hospital with heart problems. She has been in about 6 weeks now and will be there another 2 months. So sorry to cut the free for all short.. But we do have Brannon in here too. Brannon has been vital in helping with the site. He has been with me since day one. He did the first web design on the site when we started.. So you guys drill him for some info. He is a good man and Save Enterprise would not be what it is without him.

Thanks for having me here.. you guys ROCK !!!!

Tim

Brandon_SE: That's pretty much our plan of attack this year to assure Enterprise sees beyond a Season 4.

Brandon_SE: Ratings Ratings Ratings is all I can say in combination with getting the actors on talk shows to promote Enterprise as well

master_q: TrekZone will be first.

trekzone: is SaveEnterprise.com interested in helping out the Australians who are dedicated - or watch - the show, as we currently only have one free to air network broadcasting it at midnight when there is no sport

Brandon_SE: Of course. Enterprise in the international community is very important especially down under. Tim has talked about the situation in Australia with me before and I believe we will be looking at approaching it with our new campaign this year.

Brandon_SE: We want Enterprise to be easily seen all over the world, not when its convenient to put on the air waves if there isn't else good on.

Brandon_SE: But hopefully getting more promotion of the show will allow broadcast networks to see that the show is far more important than they thought!\

trekzone: Do you need any support with your campaign for Australia?

Brandon_SE: We need everyone's help. We won't be doing just one campaign for Australia, or one in Germany and in the u.s. We want it all to be one big campaign. We want to blow the socks off the network execs this year.

Brandon_SE: Its an world wide campaign to make sure Enterprise is flying at warp speed. Not just in one place.

trekzone: I think it's really great that there are dedicated people out there to a show. I love Enterprise and would love to see it continue, but as an aussie myself i cant actually watch, as it stands now we are getting hodgepodge episodes of the third season.

trekzone: may i ask what is your plan of attack for international countries?

master_q: (Sea_Trooper will be next after this question)

Brandon_SE: Tim and I have discussed our plan of attack for the international community but nothing finalized yet. He would be better at answering that. But both Tim and I know that the international viewers of Enterprise are very important to.

Brandon_SE: I'm sorry that doesn't answer your question much. And please, forgive me, this is my first chat for SaveEnterprise! LOL

trekzone: Thank you very much Brandon, i may have to get in contact with you and Tim. But for now please extend my best wishes to him

Brandon_SE: Of course.

trekzone: thank you for your time, sea_trooper...?

sea_trooper: Is Enterprise really that seriously deep in ratings that all this has to be done? I know a lot of people who love this show, including me, and if I know a cult classic like this, there will be no rest from hundreds and hundreds of people.

Sun Oct 3 21:28:20 2004:Tim [0/] AAS-Login:

Brandon_SE: Enterprise's ratings hasn't been the best. I don't believe that all that has been done has been done personally.

Brandon_SE: Do you think all as been done in terms of Enterprise?

sea_trooper: Not really.

Brandon_SE: Either do I and its our jobs as fans to make sure that Enterprise gets its change to prove its not all dried up just yet.

sea_trooper: Of course. But if there is a chance that it does get, well, canceled, then there won't be many happy people.

Alterego: Not at all, the surface hasn't been scratched yet and that's been the problem right? Lack of proper direction.

sea_trooper: True.

Brandon_SE: No there won't and I'm afraid that if (although highly unlikely :-)) gets cancelled, Star Trek may fade away with it. Remember one thing, Enterprise IS Star Trek. Hopefully with Manny Coto, the proper direction will be what we see in Season 4.

sea_trooper: Star Trek is a big cult series, one of, if not the biggest. The fans won't go without a fight.

Brandon_SE: You got that right. Like Klingons, we will fight to the death!

sea_trooper: Exactly.

sea_trooper: Thanks for the discuss.

Brandon_SE: My pleasure!

Starco: Mr Brandon if there was a way to boost ratings for ent how would you go about it? if you had the chance too

Brandon_SE: Better advertisement and promotion of the show. Get the actors on talk shows and late night shows like Conan O'Brian or even John Stewart. Better promotion always attracts more viewers.

Alterego: But won't those topics be limited to its floundering? host will pick it apart at this point imo.

Brandon_SE: Well, you may be right and then that means our goal may be for us to fight and see that Enterprise is taken seriously and not some joke sci fi television show.

Alterego: Agreed. That now lies in Mannys hands. I look forward to what he's promised but are the bashers feeling the same?

Brandon_SE: I've seen a change of heart by many bashers on many sites and forums across the net personally.

Brandon_SE: I think having Manny Coto at the helm will allow Enterprise to find its proper footing again and become the prequel show and Star Trek series it was meant to be.

Alterego: That's good. I know of one basher on this site who’s stated an interest in at least one upcoming arc (Spiner.)

Brandon_SE: Oh the mini arcs are sure to attack many Trek fans I have no doubt.

Alterego: Shatner would lock season 5?

Brandon_SE: Possibly, again - depends on ratings but even so, Enterprise has to learn to strive without Shatner.

Brandon_SE: Its important for Enterprise to find its own. Shatner will be able to make that possible if he chooses to appear.

Alterego: Thank you. ~ next question?

Brandon_SE: I believe Tim has just popped in here.

master_q: Yes, Tim is here. I was not 100% sure if that was him because last time he had his full name as his registered username. But that is him. Welcome board!

Tim: Thanks... just waiting and watching .... letting Brandon get a few words in.

Cougar: Do you think that Brannon and Rick will ever make an Enterprise Movie? May I point out that DS9 was a very successful show but has not yet made a movie

Brandon_SE: I hope so.

Brandon_SE: I think Enterprise would fit perfectly on the big screen. But Paramount wants to make money and whether there is a movie or not lies with how well the show does.

Tim: I am going to just sit on the sidelines this time unless you have a specific question for me..

Brandon_SE: I am sure if Manny Coto succeeds in turning Enterprise into the show and prequel that Enterprise is meant to be, Paramount would have no problem giving it time on the big screen.

Cougar: Some say Enterprise is using Brent Spiner and Shatner(possibly) just for ratings and just to strive to stay on TV and not get cancelled. Do you view this the same way? Why or Why not?

Brandon_SE: I view their appearances on Enterprise as Manny Coto's way of finally making the big connection with Enterprise and the rest of the Star Trek universe which is very important.

Brandon_SE: Fans have always said there seems to be a lack in connection with other Trek series and now they are finally making the big connection.

Brandon_SE: And with Spiner and Shatner, those are great connections that are being made. Lots of fans love the Eugenics War storyline and Kirk is just a given!

Brandon_SE: It some ways yes, its to give the show higher ratings. But in all actuality....its just a way for the writers to make Enterprise a star trek show and connect it with the Trek universe like fans have wanted to see since Season 1.

fatheadcookie: Barndon how do you feel that the saveenterprise website will go about helping a season 5 see the light of day. what ideas are being talked about other then the talk show one? I see a lot of great ideas on your forum

Tim: Hey FatheadCookie, I think I know you from somewhere

Brandon_SE: Yeah me too lol. Our website is pivotal to our campaign. Some ideas are to take a look at the advertisers shown during episodes of Enterprise and show support for them as well making them want to advertise during Enterprise airings.

Brandon_SE: We want our website to be the gateway into the campaign as well as the biggest Enterprise online resource on the net.

Brandon_SE: We are focusing on four main topics for the campaign....the actors, the fans, the sponsors and the neilsens...or ratings.

Brandon_SE: And our website will reflect that.

recycle: if you think enterprise is not dried up, what do you think is next for it, and how long you think it can go on!! what we need to do keep it going...

Brandon_SE: I think seeing the Federation come closer to formation or even the formation itself is the next step that will allow Enterprise to have even better storylines that will stand out from other stories from both previous seasons and other Trek shows.

Brandon_SE: What we need to do to keep it going is keep watching and keep supporting the show and its new direction as it heads into Season 4.

spacetigger: You've talked about getting the actors on talk shows and such..How can we as fans help that happen ?

Brandon_SE: You can head over to our website and on our site we have a campaign page where you can write letters and or emails to several talk shows and late night shows.

Tim: We will be posting more email addys as well as phone numbers to call the talk shows as well..

Tim: We are trying to automate everything so that it is basically just point, click and send.. or call

spacetigger: Sounds great..The more publicity the better as far as I'm concerned..

Tim: Sorry Brandon.. wanted to point out how easy it will be for folks to help support the actors and the show.

fatheadcookie: the email setup was sweet your put together Tim

fatheadcookie: I never sent so many emails in my life

Tim: thanks.. we had over 30,000 emails that were sent out in a two month period.. I think it was a big success.

Brandon_SE: No problem. If you would like to see our campaign page, head over to www.saveenterprise.com/campaign.htm

Tim: Something else too.. we had a major online fax company that offered there services free of charge and it worked the same way.. everyone could send an email to all of the Execs at Paramount, UPN and CBS with one click of the mouse.

Trek_Forever: Cool

Tim: and it came through as a fax..

Alterego: E-Mail sent. :clap:

Brandon_SE: Awesome!

fatheadcookie: don't forget all those phone calls and the saveenterprise mail box

Tim: Support this year I think will be on the ratings from what CBS has told us.. so, the ratings will be it.. that and sponsor support.

Brandon_SE: So watch watch watch. Watch the repeats even.

recycle: thanks

Trek_Forever: Is there some kind of thing for snail mail? I understand that's very important.

Tim: ook, I will shut up and let Brandon answer again.. sorry for jumping in.. I just get really pumped up on this.. I know it is a show well worth saving. I know season 4 will blow many people away.

Tim: I will hang around and at the end of the chat.. if anyone has any specific questions.. I will pop back in..

Brandon_SE: We will get more addresses up on our campaign page here real soon for people to use snail mail to write letters to talk shows and network execs. We did have alot of snail mail letters sent to Paramount in the last campaign that rocked.

Alterego: I Can't wait! *squirms in chair* lol

Tim: just checked.. thanks Neil and wsim they were sent.. your support is appreciated.

Trek_Forever: Cool. Thanks.

Matt: I joined the chat late so I'm sorry if this was already asked but I was wondering what do you think it was exactly caused the initial dislike for Enterprise?

Brandon_SE: The fact it was a prequel.

Brandon_SE: Fans didn't want to move backward. They wanted to move forward.

Matt: and that alone?

Brandon_SE: No, the ship, technology....things that were way too nitpicked....

fatheadcookie: I would agree all I heard was that the ship looked to nice and the klingon in the field don't look right and so on

Brandon_SE: Captain Kirks communicator is bigger than my cell phone. Enterprise took the fact of our technology today and made it more advanced for it being 100 years from now.

Alterego: Emails to Oprah and Conan sent...

Tim: I think a lot of it too was the fact that it did not fit in with the timeline.. fans want to associate Enterprise with the other series and had no way of doing that.. I think that Manny Coto will turn it around.

Brandon_SE: Exactly.

Matt: I've enjoyed Enterprise since the start but I recall some of my friends saying that it took them a while to relate to the characters, more so than it has in previous series of Trek, do you think this may have been a factor worldwide?

Brandon_SE: Season 4 is all about making that big connection to the rest of the Trek universe.

Brandon_SE: Yeah possibly. The characters did seem to take a little longer to become more characterized.

fatheadcookie: The first 3 seasons of TNG and the first 3 of Enterprise to me have the same feel

Brandon_SE: I think the writers were more concerned with the setting and storyline they kinda forgot that the characterization was important too

Trek_Forever: And Mayweather still isn't there. Why do you think they have such trouble with him?

fatheadcookie: the first 3 seasons of TNG they had the same problem with Worf but look at how that turned around

Trek_Forever: True.

Brandon_SE: They have trouble with him cause even in Season 3, the writers were really intent on making a storyline work - the Xindi storyline. Several characters got shafted there a bit....but it seems Season 4 will change that.

Brandon_SE: Hopefully Mayweather sees more screen time cause Anthony is a great actor.

Trek_Forever: Agreed. Because, right now, he's be better off if he'd stayed on Popular and that's been off the air for three years {G}

Trek_Forever: he'd be better off

Brandon_SE: LOL I like Mayweather. I love is character's background

fatheadcookie: Worf is a great example of how they can turn around given the chance and become one of the best of the best, if given a chance.

fatheadcookie: mayweather needs his chance

master_q: Does anyone else have one or two more quick questions before we have to call it a night?

sea_trooper: I have one.

master_q: Ask away, sea_trooper.

Cougar: and i have one too

master_q: Okay

sea_trooper: Does any of you think that Enterprise being on UPN is helping it?

sea_trooper: Because I really think that it isn't.

fatheadcookie: no

Tim: I think that it needs to be moved in the prime time.. if it were on CBS then we would not need SaveEnterprise

Brandon_SE: Last season I would have said no. But I'm not sure how Enterprise is going to do this season on UPN being on Friday nights.

fatheadcookie: at times I think that Enterprise might as well be on the cooking channel. LOL

sea_trooper: My thoughts exactly.

Brandon_SE: Yeah, if Enterprise was on cbs, SaveEnterprise would not be needed.

sea_trooper: Enterprise needs to be somewhere where it is appreciated.

Tim: but then again, you guys would not have such nice people to chat with.. :clap:

Trek_Forever: LOL

fatheadcookie: Enterprise next after cooking with BOB

sea_trooper: lol. Too true.

Tim: anymore

Brandon_SE: Or maybe "Cooking with Chef" LOL

Brandon_SE: Anymore questions?

Cougar: Do you think Enterprise is going in the right direction about the Trip and T'Pol relationship?

Brandon_SE: I'm not going to lie to you....I liked the Archer and T'Pol relationship hinted at in "Twilight"....but....they seem to be doing ok with the Trip and T'Pol thing for the time being and their relationship seems to be heading into a different direction for Season 4.

Cougar: ok

Brandon_SE: As long as Manny Coto doesn't do any more hokey love scenes in the shower and stuff LOL

fatheadcookie: remains to be seen it could be a great story with a great ending if done right.

Brandon_SE: I am more than sure he will not do any so I have nothing to worry about.

Cougar: some like it though

fatheadcookie: Like me 8-)

Tim: I think that Manny needs to push it forward or make it fade completely..like the drug addiction for T'Pol

master_q: Tim & Brandon, thanks so much for coming. We will do it again. :clap: I'll get the transcript up in a day or two. I look forward to our next chat! Tim, by best to your family..

master_q: *my best

Tim: not a problem.. thanks again for having us here..

Brandon_SE: Its been a blast and can't wait for the next chat!

Tim: thanks for covering Brandon.. Mark, Electricbolt.. appreciate you guys coming over from SE

Tim: good night all

master_q: Thanks again. Have a good night.

sea_trooper: May the prophets look over your daughter Tim

Tim: thank you.. she needs all the help she can get.. it is very serious

drwho42: G'night Tim.

Matt: Enjoyed the chat, thanks for answering the questions

Tim: you are a good group.. glad that we could all connect

Tim: all the best to you all.. good night

Alterego: Thank you for being our guests and thank you for your efforts to Save Enterprise. Please come visit us again. Good night all.

Brandon_SE: Thanks everyone!

recycle: yw

drwho42: Your welcome. :hug:

Tim: anytime..

sea_trooper: Thanks guys.

Sun Oct 3 22:38:37 2004:Tim [0/] Logout:_

Sun Oct 3 22:39:33 2004:Brandon_SE [0/] Logout:_