Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Enough comedy

Agreed. There were certainly some episodes where humour would not be appropriate but in most the humour was injected so naturally. I think they had some fun episodes that were full of humour but the unintentional humour (unintentional by the character but intentional by design) was priceless!!

I thought it had the perfect amount of humour. Aside from agreeing with everything said so far, I think TNG wasn't supposed to be a comedy, it was sci-fi, thought-provoking, interesting, and sometimes action-packed. So for a show that wasn't a comedy, it was perfect (and for a show that's a show, it was perfect ;))

Yep, there were episode that were all serious, but almost all of them had an element of humor in them that usually showed two or more characters interacting and becomeing closer. I like that.

Yes, I agreee with all of you, and thats what makes it great too! Its science fiction, but not all wars and space battle,( and i'm not saying thats what i think sci fi is either! I love sci fi) but it also has really funny parts too *Data* sigh..

I agree, there was just the right amount of humor in the series....escpecially in the cases where it really was unintentional..

I agree that TNG had just the right amount of comedy. They did a really good job of inserting the little jokes appropriately.

I think just the look that Worf gives Riker in First Contact when Riker asks Worf If he Remembers how to fire Phasers. :wow:

he definately had some great lines! they all did pretty much!

"I will feed him"

^ that was so funny!

*data* you must speak to him, tell him he is a good cat, and a pretty cat :wow:

anything data, Q, or worf was hilarious

I think in a general outlook for TNG it seems like it handled it well (for the most part). Of course it is not perfect, but I think when considering the show and how well it has been done I think that really fills in the ‘not so perfect’ times. When I refer to the ‘not so perfect’ times I’m looking in lines when TNG just went too silly. The episode “Masks” for example can be funny with Spinner’s great ability to act, but sometimes the writers just seemed to go a bit overboard. And truthfully now that I think about it “Masks” might be the only episode that went too overboard. So thats one out of a dozen. (But don’t take me wrong “Masks” has its good moments and its strange qualities in some lights added to the episode)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

...I’m looking in lines when TNG just went too silly.

Master Q

a line where TNG went too far... hmm, wasn't there an episode where data started to recite:

"there once was a girl from venus,

whose body was shaped like a..."

then was cut off by someone?? i think it was an early episode... i think... either that or i am thinking of soemthing else and i've just made a fool of myself... :innocent:

funny, but a bit much??

Master Q

a line where TNG went too far... hmm, wasn't there an episode where data started to recite:

then was cut off by someone?? i think it was an early episode... i think... either that or i am thinking of soemthing else and i've just made a fool of myself... :laugh:

funny, but a bit much??

That was the episode where the crew was infected by the virus that caused them to act drunk. Same one where Data and Yar.....you know. But I found that kind of funny, mainly because of the confused look on Data's face as he was reciting it.

Master Q

then was cut off by someone?? i think it was an early episode... i think... either that or i am thinking of soemthing else and i've just made a fool of myself... :laugh:

funny, but a bit much??

That was the episode where the crew was infected by the virus that caused them to act drunk. Same one where Data and Yar.....you know. But I found that kind of funny, mainly because of the confused look on Data's face as he was reciting it.

That was from The Naked Now, the second episode of TNG in season 1. It would have been silly in any other episode but it was appropriate to illustrate the affect the virus was having on the crew.

And then Worf leaning over to Data and saying "I don't understand their humour either" :laugh:

That was from The Naked Now, the second episode of TNG in season 1.  It would have been silly in any other episode but it was appropriate to illustrate the affect the virus was having on the crew.

And then Worf leaning over to Data and saying "I don't understand their humour either" :laugh:

I agree....

he definately had some great lines! they all did pretty much!

"I will feed him"

^ that was so funny!

*data* you must speak to him, tell him he is a good cat, and a pretty cat :laugh:

anything data, Q, or worf was hilarious

Too true!

I loved the "you may now give birth" lines too :laugh: and also most of the others mentioned here, lol! (like the Data and Worf line in Naked Now - roflmao.gif)

Yes, ST:TNG had enough comedy. Eventhough I watched all series this one had the right balance in my opinion. In my opinion, the next generation series was better than ST:VOY. :innocent:

And then Worf leaning over to Data and saying "I don't understand their humour either" :)

I had forgotten about that line, that was great!

never really given that any thought..I always found Data's learning to be humurous or Worf's bad people skills..I could not stand Barclay or Lwaxna Troi though...and sometimes they tried to hard to make Picard funny.

Personally, when Data fell over when trying merely to lean on something, that...was...PRICELESS!!! And in "The Schizoid Man"...

Riker: Does wrestling a Klingon targ ring a bell?

Data: *pauses* Did I win?

"To know him, was to love him. To love him, was to know him. Those who knew him, loved him. Those who did not know him, loved him from afar."

In "Datalore"...

"I am excited. Fascinated. One might say, agog."

Data: There are other things. Sneezing, for example.

Picard: Sneezing?