Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Pat Tillman

I think every NFL fan can appreciate the sentiments in this Cardinals flag.

cards_tillman.JPG

I also have the "40" button in my signature to honor the memory of Pat Tillman. For those that may not know who he was and what he did, he turned down a multi-million dollar contract in the NFL so he could join the United States Army with his brother. He became a Ranger and went to Afghanistan where he was killed in combat.

To me, Pat Tillman is a true hero.

A true hero indeed VBG..A nice gesture by the NFL to have the number 40 on everybody's helmet this week..

A true hero indeed VBG..A nice gesture by the NFL to have the number 40 on everybody's helmet this week..

264762[/snapback]

Yeah, it is a nice gesture. I don't know how many teams will keep it there (I know the Cards will) but I don't know about the rest.

It's my intention to keep the "40" in my sig, at least through the NFL season in his Honor.

264762[/snapback]

Yeah, it is a nice gesture. I don't know how many teams will keep it there (I know the Cards will) but I don't know about the rest.

It's my intention to keep the "40" in my sig, at least through the NFL season in his Honor.

265041[/snapback]

On the pre game for the Patriots game they said that it was only going to be on everybodys helmet for 1 game. However, the Cardinals would have it on theirs for the entire season..

As a homecoming present, I got to go to see the Packers and Bears at Lambeau Field, before the game, the stadium announcer said something like this...

"The National Football League and the Green Bay Packers are proud to honor the sacrifice of Former Arizona Cardinal and Army Ranger Pat Tillman, and all the men and women who have given their lives to defend our country".

I went to visit the college I went to before I was deployed, and several of my friends made mention that I was a hero. I have also seen posts to this on this board. I would like to point out that the REAL heros are the men and women like Pat Tillman, the people who came home in a flag drapped coffin, or didn't come home at all.

Broncos | Plummer Removes Tillman Decal - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 1 Oct 2004 21:35:06 -0700

Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer has removed the No. 40 decal he has worn on the back of his helmet honoring former Arizona Cardinals teammate Pat Tillman, according to the Associated Press. The league's long-standing policy prohibits personal messages on uniforms or helmets, and violators could face fines up to $5,000. "We do that because we need a consistent rule," league spokesman Greg Aiello said. "You can't just pick and choose, and say one message is okay, but another isn't. Where would you draw the line?"

Broncos | Plummer Resumes Tillman Tribute - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:35:37 -0700

Mark Kiszla, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer resumed his wearing of a sticker on his helmet in honor of former Arizona Cardinals S Pat Tillman. He had removed this sticker for last week's game but stated he "just felt it was the right thing to do" when speaking of wearing the sticker once again. Plummer is expecting to be fined by the league.