Sign in to follow this  
Valeris

Homecoming

I am going to my homecoming dance on October second, and it will be my first formal dance. I, to be blunt, am petrified. I have always been a nerdy wallflower, and have avoided the social scene at all costs. My old school did not even have dances. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can those of you who have been to a homecoming dance tell me what to do/what not to do?

I've never been to dance, but I did remember last year some girl asked me to come.

But I didn't go, to be frank, I wasn't interested...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

I never went to a dance. So I wouldn't know. Join the fellow nerds. We might bring gameboys to the PROM!!!! :sweatdrop:

I never went to a dance. So I wouldn't know. Join the fellow nerds. We might bring gameboys to the PROM!!!! :naughty:

264566[/snapback]

Oh wait... I went to one dance, I brought a "Where's Waldo?" book... :sweatdrop:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Homecoming is this week and The dance is this saturday. Me and my date are going over to another girls house and all the couples are going to get ready and stuff like that than go dancing and maybe go bowling or go watch movies some place. And I might be the Junior represtive for the homecoming court :sweatdrop: dont ask me why.

Just relax and be yourself. Have a good time. By the way, what are you going to wear at the dance?

Edited by Odie

Just relax and be yourself.  Have a good time.  By the way, what are you going to wear at the dance?

264580[/snapback]

That is the best advice you'll ever get.

Btw, are you excited to be going? Do you like your date? Are you doing dinner with friends before the dance? Do you like to dance?

Just think about the music, sing along to it if you can and accessorise in a small way (A small detail) Someone is bound to notice and think it is cool. My junior school 7 -11 had a leaving dance, we wore casual wear and it was when leggings were big instead of wearing plain black ones I made rainbows with star stickers at the bottom of them (Mush like jeans now have, guessing I was a little ahead of my time???) I ended up being popular that night.

At the end of the day its will be one night out of a thousand million in your life, have fun looking at the girls dresses, Use it as a way to get ideas for future formals. And ask your mum what her first formal dance was like. This is a great teen mom daughter bonding thing