Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Common Complaints ~

There are things in our society that make people want to stay home and never go out. Here is a list of the things people commonly complain about. Pick one or two or three, however many you want to gripe about and tell us what bugs you the most about them.

Banks

Movie Theaters

Grocery stores

Malls

Fast Food Restaurants.......Drive Thru

Stop lights

Waiting in line.

School

Traffic

Doctors offices

Emergency Rooms

The Department Of Motor Vehicles

The Dentist

The Post Office

Government Offices

Radio Shack

Any Internet Service Provider

Microsoft

The Phone Company

Any kind of Customer Service Department

If you have one that's not on the list just throw it in here. :)

Edited by Jeanway

Movie Theaters

It all starts out with me foolishly agreeing to go with someone to the movies even though I don't really want to or see the steaming pile of a movie they're dragging me to in the first place, but I finally said yes because turning them down was giving me a world class guilt trip. :)

We're late because my 'friend' knew a 'shortcut' and was certain it was going to save us time. After waiting for the herd of goats to clear off the road we got to the theater just after 6pm so now I have to pay $9.50 instead of $5.50 :)

After having my pockets picked by the insane ticket prices I decide, like a putz, that I'd like a soda and some popcorn. I don't want a lot of popcorn, just a little. Of course the smallest size they sell is the 55 gallon drum and a bucket of soda to go with it. After getting the bank to approve the loan I make my way to theater with the soda sloshing all over me. :)

I find a seat, the only one left, that's just behind the man with the largest head in North America. I sit down and it dawns on me slowly, "Hey this seat is wet." After finding another seat I sit back and watch the trailers nowadays joined with several minutes of free commercials. :)

The movie starts. Good news, it's worse than I thought it would be. Not really a problem since the guy next to me is having a 3 way conference call on his cell phone and half the theater is filled with sugar high toddlers. Somewhere a baby cries. (Actually it's right behind me.) :wow:

Halfway through the film (I use that word loosely) the polyester attired usher acosts me. Apparently my gum chewing is bothering the old woman behind me with the ears of a wolf. The usher won't let the issue go because in the dark of the theater they have a tiny amount of power, the flashlight they wield their symbol of authority. I swallow the gum, meanwhile I just pray that I meet this hormone enslaved teen outside in the parking lot so the two of us can have a 'chat'. :)

Finally the movie is over and I can't wait to leave. The intense pressure in my bladder adds a sense of urgency to my flight. Now I know exactly how much soda I can drink in a sitting. The crowd jams the door like extras fleeing from a burning plane in a disaster movie and I loose my shoe because it's spot welded to the floor by spilled soda and week old sweet tart goo. :)

You just have to love going to the movies. :) :P

Edited by fenriz275

When I go to the store to buy food. There are so many things in there that drive me nuts. One of the BIG things is when I buy a nice piece of steak or lamb. I live alone so I only buy one small piece. It looks good in the store but since it's been a while since I bought meat, I forgot the deception factor they use in packaging it. It looks to be nice and lean and good color. I get it home and open the package and the UNDERSIDE is mostly fat. :) :) I just spent 4 or 5 dollars for a big hunk of FAT. and by the time I get finished trimming it off, I've got a steak the size of a postage stamp with holes in it. :P :) Then I have a bowl of Corn Flakes. :)

:) that is bad.

I have issues with school....

When I get in I have to fight to get to my friends, usally getting elbowed or tripped in the proccess. Once the bell for first block rings I have to fight to stay standing and then I have to shoulder through the masses to turn to get to my locker because the hall where it is is deserted. I have to risk my life going down the steps of death and doom if you have baggy pants on, I trip, stumble, fall, drop my stuff or get sweapt away on a regular basis. Then when I am going to sencond I have to fight up the stairs, resisting the urge to elbow people who go DOWN the UP stair case, vis versa. Then I get swept down the hall to the lunch room by the surge of Freshmen, must fight way back to locker, shoving people as I go becuase by that time I am in a very annoyed mood and hungry from using up all my energy from fighting the masses. I have to then fight my way BACK to the lunch room, poke my food, inspect it and finally have about 3 minuets to eat, then fight to 3rd block and then push my way to fourth, trying desperatly to get there on time and not get shoved into the guys lavitory, then I have to shoulder through the absolutly soild wall of people going the oppisite way. Then shove the annoyances who want to walk in between me and MY LOCKER!! Then try not to get squished or run over and glare, growl and snarl at the tiny kids who stand in the way of me and my seat and don't move even if the driver yells at them to do so. Then I have to pick up the little ones who sit in my seat which is reserved for the HIGHSCHOOL KIDS ONLY and move him away and finally I have to battle with my gaint overpacked bag up the hills and with the forces of gravity to my safe and sound home.

Its enough to drive someone nuts. :)

OH e_m, I'm so sorry for all the trouble your having. :) :) You've got friends here who understand and you can talk about it anytime, o.k.? Consider this site your 'Haven', I certainly do, it's NUTS out there. :)

I don't have a really big problem with emergency rooms, but for all their education, medical doctors can ask some pretty silly questions.

I've been to the emergency room about half-a-dozen times - all the result of bicycle accidents, and all for very obvious reasons. When I go to the emergency room, I like to go in through the main hospital entrance with the nice receptionists desk and the nice plants and people there to see their granmda or their wife after she just gave birth. It's funny to see the people gasp when I walk in covered with blood and I walk up to the receptionist - who is usually and 85 year old lady who volunteers when she's not at the town hall playing bingo. I ask her if she can tell me where the emergency room is - which she doesn't of course becuase the emergency room has never been a part of her world at the receptionist desk.

Getting little information from the information desk, I usually just decide to sit down in one of the nice plush chairs and think about my situation. That's about when a hospital employee walks up with a wheelchair and decides to give me a ride to the emergency room.

When I get there, I usually wait for about six hours, so I always bring change, so I can get something from the vending machine. Anyone ever tasted the delectible combination of chocolate and blood? When I finally get in and they let me lie on a stretcher, I wait another hour before the doctor comes in. Then he says one of the most intelligent things I've ever heard.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"Well, doc," I say, "I have a big gash on my face, and another on my shoulder. There's blood on the outside of my body...... " I then begin to wonder if the doctor is blind which puts little faith in my heart in his ability to operate a needle and thread.

When I go shopping and only have a couple of items to pay for. There is always some old lady in front of me arguing over the price of a tomato or something. Then of course the inevitable happens. The cashier pulls that little cord. You know the one that makes the lane number light blink. So the manager comes over and the old lady insists on her price. So the manager walks clear to the other side of the store then gets a ad and shows the old lady. So after that the cashier finally finishes ringing up her 200 cans of cat food and gives the old lady her total. Old lady says hang on honey I have coupons and starts digging through her purse pulling out tissues that have been used 500 times and tums and all sorts of things. In the mean time my face is red and blood pressure is beyond all help. So they finally get all coupons done half of which the cashier has to show old lady they are expiered of course old lady can't take her word for it and had to dig glasses out of purse to read them. Then when all is said and done old lady gets out check book. Im thinking ahhhhh :wacko: why didn't she fill out her check before now :P Of course it takes her 20 minutes just to sign her name. Then gets mad when asked for id. :( <<me. Finally she starts to leave I ring my things up throw some cash at the cashier and try to hurry out the door, but of course the same old lady that was in front of me is blocking the isle so I have to wait for her to move out of the way. That same old lady follows me to every store I go to ahhhh :hug: :wallbash: Nothing against old ladies, this one is like the hitchhiker from the Twighlight Zone for me though! :fear: She'll probably be in front of me at the pearlie gates when I die! :o