37 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek Conventions

• 1 - 5
    • 6 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • More than 15
    • None, but would love to
    • None, and don't plan on it
    • I think I am on the wrong site, What is a Star Trek convention?

I haven't been cos i cant really afford it (im a student). i would lurve to go, though. tell me if u know of any cheap (as in less than $75) conventions or free ones

I've only been to one and we only stayed a few hours. :innocent: I would've loved to stay longer, but when you're 8 years old you're not exactly in charge. :( I really want to go to another one.

wow! 8 years old! are you really? i became a trekkie at 11 (and now im 13)

I've only been to one and we only stayed a few hours. :( I would've loved to stay longer, but when you're 8 years old you're not exactly in charge. :innocent: I really want to go to another one.

wow! 8 years old! are you really? i became a trekkie at 11 (and now im 13)

I was 8 when we went to the convention, I'm 24 now. I've been a trekkie since I was 6. :)

I've been to about 8 conventions. At one I even shared an elevator with George Takei!!! He is a really nice guy to chat with.

lucky lucky lucky guy!!! I wish I could convince my parents to let me go to one...

I've been a Trekie since I was six and I'm now 23. I finally got to go to my first convention a few months ago. It was awesome because it was the big one in LA and most of the original cast was there on the day I went. It was really fun seeing Shatner and Nimoy together, I think they should have their own comedy show to take on the road. I also got to see Nichelle Nichols, Walter Konig, James Dohan, Armin Shimermen, Alan Ruck, Carrie Fisher and several masked characters from Star Wars.

All of the above were on the stage and I really didn't ever get close enough to talk to them but I did get to talk to Will Weaton for a short while which was really neat! I also got to shake hands and talk to a lot of people who played guest parts and or small roles including the actor who plays Mourn on DS9, the actress who played Yoeman Ran, the actress who played Yuta, and a few others.

I think that it was possibly the single most amount of fun I've ever had in one day. Walking through the merchidise room I was like a kid in a candy shop! Unfortunatly I was the kid with very little money so I had to be content just to look and not touch.... Maybe next time..

6/10. The best one was a biggie in LA during the off-season between TBOBW parts 1 and 2. The Borg won the costume contest and my wife got to speak with Mrs. Roddenberry. That summer had to be the best Trek summer of them all!

I missed out on seeing her by one day (Mrs Roddenberry that is). What was she like to speak to?

I only saw her briefly, Martha stood in line while I went looking for our son to bring him back to see and maybe talk to her, by the time we got back upstairs, (we goofed off thinking there would be lots of time) she was gone and we had missed her but M talked to her and said she was the nicest Trek celebrity she had ever spoken to. When I see M in a few hours I will ask her to recall some details about their talk and post-em.

M said she was very nervous and only managed to, in a very squeaky voice, tell MBR how much she reminded M of her Grandma and how much she loved her work in Trek. MBR was as gracious as a Queen in thanking M. That’s all M says she can remember but I think her memory failed cause I told her I was gonna post what she said. :rolleyes: