Sign in to follow this  
Lursa

Romulan Websites

Hello,

Does anyone know where to get some good place on the interet to romulan websites? I wanted to learn more, about their culture and sometimes they have the same attiude of that of the Klingons. If anyone knows of a place on the interet or a book etc. Please reply to this!

Thanks,

MajorKira 05 :)

Romulan websites, hmmm. I generally just go to Google and type in "Romulus" or "Romulan" because are not really that many good ones out there (that I have found). As for the Romulan/Klingon thing, Peter David takes an interesting angle (one that I think is correct) on that in his book Triangle: Imzadi II.

Our alliance had an effect on both our races. We learned from each other; unfortunately the mutual education was not an equitable one. We were a better, stronger, more decent race before we allied with the Klingons. An entire generation of our leadership grew up during the alliance, and learned from the Klingons their thieving ways, their duplicity and fundamental lack of trustworthiness. The Klingons, on the other hand, saw the way in which other races regarded us. Saw how our honor, our strategy and  breeding elevated us in the eyes of others. And so they mimicked those attributes in order to raise themselves up to other races, discarding us once they had stipped us of our weaponry and our very character. The are parasites, and mark my words: They will destroy your Federation in the same way that they brought us down. If you trust them, then you are fools. I should know, because we trusted them and were no less foolish.

Let me know if this helps any and if you find any good Romulan websites!

I do not have a chance to check these out now, as I have school in less than an hour, but from my brief glance, these look pretty good. Thanks Tern. By the way, welcome to Startrekfans.net!

Edited by Valeris

Thanks for all the help! I will be getting Imzadi II very soon. I wonder why the made a sequal? I have the first book so I will have to read and find out.