Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

STARTREKFANS.NET

If you have any questions regarding any information contained in the STARTREKFANS.NET FAQ please post them here.

Thank you for adding this forum Takara.

I think for the newcommers, this will be a good forum so they don't end up being lost.

There's a board missing from "The Promenade".  What was it, where'd it go, why'd it go?  THANKS! ;)

VBG has posted a thread in off topics forum to announce that the Links to Other Board forum was moved to Ten Forward where it is now a subforum.

Thanks gdog243. We're doing our best to make things easier for the new members. I'm glad you like it.

Is there any way to skip the intro "Welcome to Starfleet Headquarters" bit when you first enter the site. Its nice and all, but it can get kind of annoying, espessically when one is listening to music on the speakers.

Is there any way to skip the intro "Welcome to Starfleet Headquarters" bit when you first enter the site. Its nice and all, but it can get kind of annoying, espessically when one is listening to music on the speakers.

Two things you can do:

- Mute your speakers so you don't hear the music

- When you are viewing the Index page - the one with the Announcment shown - not the boards - make a bookmark to that page and that will skip the Intro.

Thanks Xeroc.

What does constitute as a FAQ topic in this forum?

This Topic is "YOUR FAQ QUESTIONS", so it seems only logical that questions would be asked here. A whole new topic would be a new section to the FAQ database.

I read something on trekbbs.com that I found kind of disturbing in regards to this site and I want to know if it was true. Evedently, someone was banned for having an opinion saying that he/she didn't watch startrek anymore because of some reason. Is this true and if it is, why was this person banned. Its not like there is a rule for ban on opinion...or is there?

I read something on trekbbs.com that I found kind of disturbing in regards to this site and I want to know if it was true.  Evedently, someone was banned for having an opinion saying that he/she didn't watch startrek anymore because of some reason.  Is this true and if it is, why was this person banned.  Its not like there is a rule for ban on opinion...or is there?

Wow! B) That is a pretty nasty rumor!

So far, no one has been banned from this site. And that is a totally ridiculous reason!!! Banning someone because of their opinion is totally out of the question! The only reason someone would be banned would be because they were a big disturbance, were spamming, or had blantantly violated a basic rule.

Like they say most rumors are untrue. I would not place too much stock into them if I were you.

For this specific rumor I can say off bat that it is false.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Stardate:213485.9

I was wondering what are the pips that appear at the bottom of the members info mean??Like the ones that show the rank of Lt. under Alterego's.

Those are the Trivia Ranks - go to the Trivia Board or ask Master_Q to find out the specifics.

Stardate:213496.9

Another question, what do the buttons ibfc and s in the posting features do?

I tried to test them and nothing happened when I pressed them.

The ibfc button is suppossed to allow you to embed real video. (this example doesn't actuallly play)

[ALIGN=center]

[ibfc]Test Video[/ibfc]

The S button should make strikethough text like this:

strikethrough text

[s]strikethrough text[/s]

The IFBC button will likely be removed soon. I can't get the function to work properly.

I was just wondering what "lol" or "LOL" that I have seen used in many posts actually means.

I was just wondering what "lol" or "LOL" that I have seen used in many posts actually means.

Here is a list of common internet abbreviations:

Abbr - Meaning

lol - laugh out loud or lots of laughs

rofl - rolling on floor laughing

btw - by the way

omg - oh my gosh

imo - in my opinion

imho - in my humble opinion

ty - thank you

yw - you're welcome

wb - welcome back

cya - see ya

j/k - just kidding

brb - be right back

ppl - people

g2g - got to go

pm - private message

im - instant message

w/ - with

nvm - never mind

bfn - bye for now

ttfn - ta ta for now

gr8 - great

m8 - mate

k - ok

np - no problem

sn - screen name

n/t - not true

For a complete list of common Trek abbreviations Section 1 of the STF FAQ has a number listed.

Is there a way to remove a post? I accidentally posted similar comments in a thread in the TOS forum. I have the problem of repeating myself in real life, also. Neither is intentional. Can the second comment be removed?

This is a signature question.

How do you make a link out of a picture? What's the code?

Thanks...

To have an image in your signature the picture has to be on the internet. You have to manually type the code which is:

[IMG=URL address of picture]

As for as I know, all you can do is edit the post and just remove what you said. If it's really necessary I'm sure you could contact a moderator about it, then they could have it removed for you.

This is a signature question.

How do you make a link out of a picture? What's the code?

Thanks...

To make your Sig Pic also be clickable as a link the code is:

[URL=http://www.startrekfans.net/][IMG=http://www.startrekfans.net/pics/kevin/VaBeachGuy-c.JPG][/URL]

That makes this:

VaBeachGuy-c.JPG

I read a thread talking about doing personal logs, and now there is a personal log forum. So are these supposed to be like keeping journals? How do you use them? Is it just like any forum where you read the thread and make comments? I have not read anything in there because I do not know if it is supposed to be private.

To answer your question mjham. The personal logs are like journals. You create a topic for your own personal logs and just "add reply" when you wish to add a new log. They are meant to be viewed by other members, but you should not reply to someone else's personal log, nor should they reply to yours. The only time you can reply to someones personal log is if they say you can. I hope that helps!

Edited by Captain Bolivar

How do I get Spoilers in my signature? :blink:

Same as you would to use the spoiler code in posts or, imo, the easiest way is to manually type the spoiler codes in front and back of the text or image you want to be in the spoiler box like this:

For text:

[spoiler]text you want to be hidden in spoiler box[/spoiler]

Click for Spoiler:

text you want to be hidden in spoiler box

For images:

[spoiler][img=http://www.startrekfans.net/style_images/STARTREK-801/nav.gif][/spoiler]

Click for Spoiler:

nav.gif