Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Gold-Pressed Latinum Member

gpl-member.gif

Just a summary as to what this title means, and how it can be achieved would be helpful. :huh:

...And such other information. :laugh:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Simply put it is given to anyone who donates to STFs. (see paypal icon in any Mod sig) Donators have the option of declining it being put on their info if they so choose... (RC created it. :huh: )

Correct, anyone with that icon (RC made it and I love it) has donated money to help sustain the board financially.

As for how to get that icon on your account, as AE said anyone that donates (any amount) will have the option of having it affixed to their account.

Cool. I just donated :huh:

For all that this site has given me, I will donate a dollar a month. Is that enough?

I didn't know about that, it's quite a good idea. I hadn't thought about donating to the site, may do so in the future.

Cool. I just donated :huh:

For all that this site has given me, I will donate a dollar a month. Is that enough?

261433[/snapback]

Thanks, anything at all will help with the costs of the site and anything is very much appreciated!

I have a question. Does it show you info about the doner? such as Name, Address, and Card Number?

261435[/snapback]

No, the only info I get is the $ amount and the email address that the paypal account is registered to.

Anyone that wishes to donate anonymously doesn't have to have the GPL icon. I will PM each person that donates and give them the option before I add it. Also, no one will be told the amount of individual donations or how many were made.

If you donate and wish to tell the amount that's ok, but that's the choice of the person donating.

Also, if anyone wishes to know the total amount of all donations that have been given at any specific time you can PM me and I will tell you, for instance if I've gotten $20 total or $50 total I'll freely tell anyone that asks. I just won't tell who donated what or how many times.

Also, if anyone wishes to know the total amount of all donations that have been given at any specific time you can PM me and I will tell you, for instance if I've gotten $20 total or $50 total I'll freely tell anyone that asks. I just won't tell who donated what or how many times.

261444[/snapback]

Now that makes me look cheap :waaaa: :wacko:

So how much money does it cost to keep this place up?

261444[/snapback]

Now that makes me look cheap :wacko: :waaaa:

So how much money does it cost to keep this place up?

261724[/snapback]

That dollar amount that I mentioned was only an example and isn't the total amount we've gotten. I just pulled a number out of the air as an example.

As for the upkeep of the board there's different aspects to the costs. I pay the server (Invision) $600 a year to host STF. The Chat room is $100 a year and the Gallery is $60 a year and the domain name (STF) is either $15 or $30 a year, I forget how much it is but it's one of those 2.

The $600 a year that I'm paying to Invision has gone up from $119 a year to $600 a year in just 18 months. The reason for the large increase in the fee is because of the growth of the site, the larger we grow the more demands the site places on the server (the host computer we're based on) and the more they charge lol.

As it is right now we're averaging about 5 million hits per month and that causes a lot of traffic which uses a lot of the host computer's resources. As that resource load grows I have to upgrade the boards service package to keep us online. Right now I think we're set for a while until we have to upgrade again.

On one hand I'd love to have to upgrade again because that would mean we have A LOT of new members but on the other hand if we have to upgrade again the service fee I'll be paying will skyrocket up to about $1440 a year :wacko: and I don't even like to think about that lol.

Anyway, I hope that answers your question.

:wow: :wow: :huh: That's alot!

261800[/snapback]

It's well worth it though, believe me. I get the full enjoyment out of every penny.

261802[/snapback]

Well yeah, of course! :hug: