Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Best Series Setting

Which series setting is your favorite?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which series setting is your favorite?

• NX-01 Enterprise
    • U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701
    • U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D
    • Deep Space Nine
    • U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656

I was very tempted to vote for Enterprise. However, I just finished reading the "Second Foundation" series (a continuation of Asimov's series by noted Sci-Fi authors ((2 are Trek book alumni)).) And I realized that my interest in the books had more to do with how deftly the authors wove together the various plotlines in Azimov's books than in the authors own creativity. I can see the same thing in Brian Herberts new Dune books.

It just seems that too many Science Fiction writers are relying on the past, when they should be looking toward the future.

In other words, I've been re-evaluating Enterprise in light of this. Would I watch the show based on its own merits, or am I just drawn to the Star Trek name?

How original is each episode compared to the other series that came before it? I think the series has done really well, so far; but, it is going to have to tread carefully in order to not fall into this trap.

Best Series Setting

-----------------------

I'd have to say in Historical Timeline

NX-01 ENTERPRISE

U.S.S ENTERPRISE NCC-1701- (refit)NCC-1701-A

U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-D and E

U.S.S VOYAGER NCC-74656 + being the only "STARSHIP that can actually land on a Planet" ("hidden metal landing legs within the ship".)

:eek::frusty::clap: :lol:

The time line for the new frontier books starts around the 6th or 7th season of DS9 as the war is not over at the start of the books and the ship is the Excalibur.(sorry spelling)

i feel like im the only one who ever votes voyager anything...lol

Hi there :frusty:

I voted for Voyager too. I always vote for Voyager things aswell because it was my favorite Trek series. I loved Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway, she is my favorite character in Star Trek, although Jadzia from DS9 comes a close second. Although I'm really enjoying watching DS9 (I have only seen four seasons) I found that Voyager was great right from the start. I didn't even like DS9 at first but after watching season 1, it slowly grew on me and now I can't get enough of it!! However, Voyager will always be number one on my list of favorite Trek series.

Madam Captain out!!

Well VOY is my favorite series, but I do think DS9 had the most clever and interesting setting for several reasons already stated. My second choice would be Voyager.

Original enterprise. Lots of red, lots of angles. Blinking lights, computer keyboards, a-track tapes. Plus it had that satelite dish on the front of it. Classic. All the others wish they could be that retro. :frusty:

DS9. Which is more interesting? Quarks or Ten-Forward? I would really enjoy the blend of Cardassian architecture and Bajoran decorations. Plus all the other reasons stated in other posts.

My second choice would be Voyager.