Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

Picard wants to kill his crew!

Check it. Picard is always wanting to destroy the Enterprise crew over alot of things. When Nagilum took the Enterprise, he was about to blow it up, with everyone on it, just so Nagilum wouldn't kill half the people for his own education. Though in First Contact, he refused to blow it up when the crew was all evacuated and it was infested with Borg trying to destroy the world! So he wouldn't blow up the Enterprise when it only contained the doom of the Earth but he would blow it up when half the crew was threatened to be killed for the learning of another species. Need I say more? Saucer separations, emergancy self destruct, I've heard it a million times! Picard is trying to kill off the Enterprise and it's crew!

Edited by sea trooper

Ok....what you been drinking?    :b-day:

261031[/snapback]

Agreed. :b-day: Sounds like his Labor Day party is just now peaking. jk :b-day:

You see my evidence. Prove me wrong1 :b-day:

261032[/snapback]

To begin with you only gave two examples and they contradict each other; he WANTED to blow up the ship in Where Silence has Lease and NOT in FC so based on your evidence saying; "Picard is always wanting to destroy the Enterprise over alot of things.." is false imo.

I do agree with you though about what things (of your examples) cause him to decide the self destruct is only way out or not. :b-day: His priorities in these two cases seem a little askew. Good thing it's just a TV show. :laugh:

To begin with you only gave two examples and they contradict each other; he  WANTED to blow up the ship in Where Silence has Lease and NOT in FC so based on your evidence saying; "Picard is always wanting to destroy the Enterprise over alot of things.." is false imo.

I do agree with you though about what things (of your examples) cause him to decide the self destruct is only way out or not. :b-day: His priorities in these two cases seem a little askew. Good thing it's just a TV show.  :b-day: [/color]

261035[/snapback]

Alright, that was a typo, but like I said, he wants to kill his crew. When his crew wasn't on the Enterprise, he refused to blow it up :wink2:

Check it. Picard is always wanting to destroy the Enterprise crew over alot of things. When Nagilum took the Enterprise, he was about to blow it up, with everyone on it, just so Nagilum wouldn't kill half the people for his own education. Though in First Contact, he refused to blow it up when the crew was all evacuated and it was infested with Borg trying to destroy the world! So he wouldn't blow up the Enterprise when it only contained the doom of the Earth but he would blow it up when half the crew was threatened to be killed for the learning of another species. Need I say more? Saucer separations, emergancy self destruct, I've heard it a million times! Picard is trying to kill off the Enterprise and it's crew!

261028[/snapback]

First with Nagilum, as a captain one of Picard's responsabilites are the lives of his crew. Letting Nagilum kill them off and just stand idly by would be unacceptable. There was nothing to gain except knowledge at the expense of lives. If Picard would have let that happen, he would have been just as guilty as Nagilum.

As for First Contact, destroying teh ship would have killed all of the Borg, including the Queen. Phasers modulations running out or gone coupled with the fact that the Borg had taken over most of the ship. Sure, destroying the Enterprise was the easy solution but it was the best way to get the job done with no margin for error. Any error in a different attempt would have put the future of the Federation and the galaxy in jepoardy. And it was Data who deactivated the self-destruct I thought to gain the Queen's trust before double-crossing her.

First with Nagilum, as a captain one of Picard's responsabilites are the lives of his crew.  Letting Nagilum kill them off and just stand idly by would be unacceptable.  There was nothing to gain except knowledge at the expense of lives.  If Picard would have let that happen, he would have been just as guilty as Nagilum.

No, that's what he wants you to think.

As for First Contact, destroying teh ship would have killed all of the Borg, including the Queen.  Phasers modulations running out or gone coupled with the fact that the Borg had taken over most of the ship.  Sure, destroying the Enterprise was the easy solution but it was the best way to get the job done with no margin for error.  Any error in a different attempt would have put the future of the Federation and the galaxy in jepoardy.  And it was Data who deactivated the self-destruct I thought to gain the Queen's trust before double-crossing her.

261066[/snapback]

That was after everyone called him names and screamed at him. Picard had no choice.

Maybe to you, but you're in cahoots with him!

Why won't anybody listen to logic? Set aside his "heroic captain" act and see the inside!!!

Sea trooper, if I was RC, I'd THWACK you for that :huh: :laugh: :huh:

There's one thing you haven't considered. If he blows up the ship, he'll die as well, not only his crew. And now don't say he has a secret escape pod. :clap: :huh:

Oh and he wanted to blow up the Enterprise in "11001001", with no crew on board, except Riker and him. :o So you can't say he always wants to kill his crew. :blink:

Sea trooper, if I was RC, I'd THWACK you for that  :huh: :laugh: :huh:

There's one thing you haven't considered. If he blows up the ship, he'll die as well, not only his crew. And now don't say he has a secret escape pod.  :huh:  :huh:

Oh and he wanted to blow up the Enterprise in "11001001", with no crew on board, except Riker and him.  :o  So you can't say he always wants to kill his crew.  :blink:

261376[/snapback]

I see..... It's Riker he wants to kill then! It always has been!

And you don't know if Picard doesn't want to die, happily knowing that he killed the crew/Riker :clap:

Riker? :huh: Then why did he try to blow up the Enterprise in First Contact without even having Riker on board? :laugh: :o (I know, you will now tell me it's Data he wants to kill, not likely, he wasn't on board in 11001001 :clap: :huh: )

Where's the sense in ordering self destruct sequence when you want to kill your crew and being killed yourself without having the time to be "happy" that you've blown up your own ship? :huh: :blink:

Riker?  :huh:  Then why did he try to blow up the Enterprise in First Contact without even having Riker on board:laugh:  :huh:  (I know, you will now tell me it's Data he wants to kill, not likely, he wasn't on board in 11001001  :o  :huh:  )

261382[/snapback]

Like I said before:

]That was after everyone called him names and screamed at him. Picard had no choice.

Oh, yes, he had another choice. He's the captain - he can decide whatever he wants and the crew has to carry out his orders. So, if he really wanted to kill all of his crew, like you say, he would have kept everyone aboard and "blew up the damn ship", like Lily suggests. :huh:

Well, Picard didn't want people to find out his plans, that he did want to kill Riker/the crew :huh:

You know, you should think about a career in Section 31 or the Tal Shiar or the Obsidian Order. :huh:

Well, he could have killed the crew at many more times - and yet he didn't - because he didn't want to. :laugh: :huh:

But stop accusing my hubby, or you'll have to deal with my conspiracies. And I assure you, they are much worse than anyone else's. :o :huh:

You know, you should think about a career in Section 31 or the Tal Shiar or the Obsidian Order. :blink:

261397[/snapback]

Well, maybe :clap:

Well, he could have killed the crew at many more times - and yet he didn't - because he didn't want to.  :huh:  :laugh:

261397[/snapback]

Maybe he didn't have a chance...

But stop accusing my hubby, or you'll have to deal with my conspiracies. And I assure you, they are much worse than anyone else's.  :huh:  :huh:

261397[/snapback]

I'd like to hear some :o

He has had many chances, the easiest one would be ordering self destruct after everyone's been put asleep (with something like sleep gas, maybe), he'd just have to create a voice simulation of two fellow bridge crew members. :blink: :o

But he doesn't do it. Like I said. He doesn't want to. He needs his crew for other things, you know. No, I won't tell you which things. :huh: :laugh:

You'll see what I mean when I say I have much worse conspiracies when someone shows up at your door and THWACKS you. :huh: :huh:

Picard has always done what he felt was necessary for the greater good, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one". He's hardly out to endanger his crew, they've accepted a ceratin degree of risk by joining Star Fleet.