Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

The Magnificent ferengi

Ok, so was this episode basically a way to provide some comic relief from the heavy subject of the War while still including things from the War?

But, I thought the episode was great. So here comes the main point of this post. I'd just like to see what evidence you all found to supporet that this epiode was used as a lighter side to a war story. Here's two things I liked:

-Quark and Rom bursting into Sisko's office by accident (Brilliant!)

-Keevan's fate at eh end of the episode, doomed to walk into a wall forever

Side question:

The other Vorta in the epiosode said the Vorta are supposed to committ suicide while captured. Do you think he did it?

Side question:

The other Vorta in the epiosode said the Vorta are supposed to committ suicide while captured.  Do you think he did it?

260056[/snapback]

I'd have to watch it again, but I don't think Keevan was like other Vorta. He seemed fairly cynical and pretty much out for his own skin ... you really don't see much devotion to the founders from him, certainly not like you see in Weyoun.

Now, "TO THE INFIRMARY! AAAAAAAAA!"

Side question:

The other Vorta in the epiosode said the Vorta are supposed to committ suicide while captured.  Do you think he did it?

260056[/snapback]

I'd have to watch it again, but I don't think Keevan was like other Vorta. He seemed fairly cynical and pretty much out for his own skin ... you really don't see much devotion to the founders from him, certainly not like you see in Weyoun.

Actually, i meant the other Vorta, Yarim or something like that. He's the one they ended up capturing at the end of the episode.

I loved this episode!

Brunt was so awesome!

I loved how they kept running back and forth from the ship to the Empok Nor infirmary and I think Brunt almost tripped one time, then he tried to knock another Ferengi over...(I think cousin Gaila)

Pure genius.

I thought all of the Ferengi were great in this episode, especially Gaila. And when Leck shot Moogie in the holosuite I about died laughing!

261114[/snapback]

:huh: Me too...

Leck: "I figured we weren't gonna save her so I put her out of her misery"

It's funny, anyone that doesn't know anything about DS9 would be thinking "Who's Leck and why would people laugh because he shot a Moogie? And what the heck is a Moogie anyway!?!!" :huh:

It's funny, anyone that doesn't know anything about DS9 would be thinking "Who's Leck and why would people laugh because he shot a Moogie? And what the heck is a Moogie anyway!?!!"  :wow:

261417[/snapback]

LOL, I have to agree, it would be confusing for some.

This was a hilarious episode that I quite frankly watch whenever I need a good laugh.

This episode has a subtle instance of foreshadowing in it. Yelgrun says: "And I thought the Breen were annoying". Which hints that the Dominion have been in negotiations with the Breen which comes to fruition later on. Very cool when you go back and look at it.