Sign in to follow this  
Airies

Trek now or later

Should Trek be put on hold for 5 years?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trek be put on hold for 5 years?

• Yes Star Trek should be put on hold for 5 years.
    • No keep pushing Enterprise and movies.
    • Undecided

Quoting Anne Heche's character in Six Days, Seven Nights (true her character had had way to many of her anxiety medicine at this point but still)

"Yah know, I jusss don't know...."

I seriously do not know if it will help or harm the franchise at this rate.

No. Scifi is not getting any less saturated with more series. Trek needs to stand firm and fight to keep it's place NOW rather than run away and hide while the newcomers steal all the best new ideas. Things WON'T be any easier in 5 years. MORE TREK NOW!

258869[/snapback]

I don't think oversaturation is the problem.  Trek has changed - and doing so lost some people who liked it the way it was.  A five year hiatus won't get those people back.  They either need to tighten up their plots to get the old fans back or advertise to the new target base to attract those viewers.

262371[/snapback]

Trek does need to stand firm, change networks, (Sci fi would be ideal) and tweak its plots and advertising. VOY and ENT have had poor time slots and so so promotion. Do it right,... and they will come! (and come back to Trek too!)

No. Scifi is not getting any less saturated with more series. Trek needs to stand firm and fight to keep it's place NOW rather than run away and hide while the newcomers steal all the best new ideas. Things WON'T be any easier in 5 years. MORE TREK NOW!

258869[/snapback]

I don't think oversaturation is the problem.  Trek has changed - and doing so lost some people who liked it the way it was.  A five year hiatus won't get those people back.  They either need to tighten up their plots to get the old fans back or advertise to the new target base to attract those viewers.

262371[/snapback]

Trek does need to stand firm, change networks, (Sci fi would be ideal) and tweak its plots and advertising. VOY and ENT have had poor time slots and so so promotion. Do it right,... and they will come! (and come back to Trek too!)

310381[/snapback]

:P Testify! ;)

Trek Now!