Sign in to follow this  
removed

INDIANA JONES DVD COLLECTION

IT IS OFFICIAL:

THE INDIANA JONES DVD COLLECTION WILL BE RELEASED IN 2003.

It'll be in the same format as the Godfather DVDs. (3 discs with movies, 1 disc with special features.)

IJColl_DVD.jpg

Go to this link for more info:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/400/400909p1.html

HEHEHE. I can't wait. These are are, by far, in my top favorite movies. Especially Raiders of the Lost Ark.

You've made my day!!! Thank you, Bysty!!!!! :bow::wow::laugh:

Guest Ktrek

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ktrek

From what I read at the link I am disappointed, theatrical releases, no deleted scenes, not even DTS sound? Looks like a renter to me.

:laugh:

From what I read at the link I am disappointed, theatrical releases, no deleted scenes, not even DTS sound? Looks like a renter to me.

:)

those are all just icing for the cake. im going to buy it not for the special features or the technical upgrades, but just for the movie. the indy jones series is one of my favorites and i am going to buy it no matter whats on the dvd. id buy it if there were ZERO special features. well, maybe not. lol

those are all just icing for the cake. im going to buy it not for the special features or the technical upgrades, but just for the movie. the indy jones series is one of my favorites and i am going to buy it no matter whats on the dvd. id buy it if there were ZERO special features. well, maybe not. lol

I'm with you, Bysty. Although the 4th disc sounds pretty interesting to me.

My new issue of Star Wars Insider has an update in it about the Indy Boxset. Looks pretty cool.

Man, this is taking too long, lol...but since they're probably still working on it as we type...let em work, lol

Guest Ktrek

One thing I would like to know is why Lucas has not released Star Wars episodes 4,5 & 6 on DVD yet? The public wants it and he just drags his feet!!!

Ktrek

One thing I would like to know is why Lucas has not released Star Wars episodes 4,5 & 6 on DVD yet? The public wants it and he just drags his feet!!!

Ktrek

i dont know that either, but here's my only geuss:

hes releasing the dvds in order.

first episode 1 was out on dvd, then episode 2, obviously episode 3 will be next.

once the new episodes are out on dvd he will probably release 4, 5, and 6, OR hopefull, after episode 3 is on video, he will release a box set of all of them

but thats just a geuss

Ktrek

first episode 1 was out on dvd, then episode 2, obviously episode 3 will be next.

once the new episodes are out on dvd he will probably release 4, 5, and 6, OR hopefull, after episode 3 is on video, he will release a box set of all of them

but thats just a geuss

As a matter of FACT, Lucas is waiting until he's done with the new movies before he makes DVDs of the Old movies, which by the way will be once again Enhanced and Added to. That is the reason for the wait.

I LOVE INDIANA JONES... I will buy this... Though I ask myself when it will be released here... But I like Harrison Ford a lot :laugh: so I will BUY this :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Ktrek

but thats just a geuss

As a matter of FACT, Lucas is waiting until he's done with the new movies before he makes DVDs of the Old movies, which by the way will be once again Enhanced and Added to. That is the reason for the wait.

sweet! more star wars = more fun B)

(and i still cant wait for the indiana jones dvds!!!!!!!)

UPDATE ON THE INDIANA JONES DVD COLLECTION SPECIAL FEATURES DISC

The fourth disc will come with more than three hours' worth of special features and bonus materials. They include:

Indiana Jones: Making The Trilogy - Lucasfilm opens the vaults for a behind-the-scenes look at making the movies. More than two dozen new interviews were conducted with the cast and crew of trilogy, some of whom were interviewed for the first time since the films were originally released. There will also be never-before-seen footage, outtakes, screen tests, production drawings and photographs from the Lucasfilm archives.

The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones - This feature is focused on Industrial Light and Magic and shows how they created the visual and mechanical effects back in the era before computer-generated effects were common.

The Sound of Indiana Jones - Feature on sound designer Ben Burtt, who discusses the work involved in creating the sound effects of the movies.

The Music of Indiana Jones - A look at the work of composer John Williams, who discusses his collaboration with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, including how he came up with the series' most famous tune, The Raiders March.

The Stunts Of Indiana Jones looks at the coordination required by the production team to pull off all of the movie's stunts.

There will also be DVD-ROM content that lets you access exclusive Indiana Jones content on the Indianajones.com web site, where you can also find daily features and updates on the upcoming Indiana Jones 4 film.

From http://dvd.ign.com.

ALSO THE RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN BUMPED UP TO OCTOBER 21, 2003!!!

Sounds cool, I liked the first and the third movies. The second wouldn't be one of my favorites though.

Would it have been better for them to wait till #4 is made though? (They are still making #4 right?)

Sounds cool, I liked the first and the third movies. The second wouldn't be one of my favorites though.

Would it have been better for them to wait till #4 is made though? (They are still making #4 right?)

The current target release date for number 4 is July 1, 2005. That's too long a wait for the next film, let alone the DVDs. I'm happy that they are releasing them soon. Can't wait.

(And Paramount can get some extra cash by releasing another 'complete' set after #4 is on DVD. :devil: .)

Lucasfilm is aiming to release Indy 4 in the same year as Star Wars 3. 2005 should be an awesome movie year.

The current target release date for number 4 is July 1, 2005. That's too long a wait for the next film, let alone the DVDs. I'm happy that they are releasing them soon. Can't wait.

(And Paramount can get some extra cash by releasing another 'complete' set after #4 is on DVD. :devil: .)

Lucasfilm is aiming to release Indy 4 in the same year as Star Wars 3. 2005 should be an awesome movie year.

man i dont wanna wait that long :) but alas whatcha gonna do. oh well at least we can buy the dvds of the first three :)

The release date for Indy IV is still tentatively July 1, 2005. Recently, Spielberg has said that some of the stunts will be accomplished digitally. Read more here.

Sean Connery will be in it, as will Karen Allen. Kate Capshaw is not looking good, however.

Also, here's more info on what will be included in the DVDs:

Indy DVDs

Edited by Indy

I just picked mine up today! It is truly astounding how good the picture and sound is.

The bonus disc is awesome as well. I was surprised to see that a lot of the interviews are current. No commentary but oh well, that's Speilberg for ya'!

If your a fan of these movies, get it while it's still cheap. I got it at Costco for 42.99. I saw it on sale at some places for 55.99.

Just got it!! I am thrilled, it rules! I've watched most of the bonus disc and was impressed!

I really can't state enough how beautiful the picture quality and sound is. This how it was meant to be!

:) :)