Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Chat Room Trivia Session #23

StarTrekFans.net's

Official Star Trek Trivia.....

Session Number 23

Day: Saturday, August 28th

Time: 4:00pm US/Eastern-Time

As was voted in this poll, we will be playing trivia session number 23 in teams. Because two heads are better then one!

Each team will have two players (no more ---- no less) and will have to think up a team name. Points are shared between the two players on a team. The actual session will work basically the same as a normal session. However, (in addition to the sharing of points,) to promote team-play during the session, for every two point scored by BOTH members of a team, three additional bonus points will be awarded.

I will not be evolved in the partnering up to create the teams. All of you will be responsible for that.

[by the way, don't forget that on Sunday (same time -- 4pm); we will have an exclusive chat with Jacqueline Lichtenberg...]

See you then........bye :)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Oooooh, I'm going to need to find a partner.... :) :unsure:

Last time it was pittykitty, and she was on our team of Voyager-42.

Hehe. :bow:

:bow: I forgot you could view our team's name as some other time-line's over-continuation of the Voyager missions... :bow:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

I need to find Star trek Fan...

That's if the volleyball game doesn't go over.

Questions/Answers:

Q1: Will you be in the chat room tomorrow at 4:00pm US/Eastern-Time?

Click For Spoiler

Q2: What object did Sisko keep on his desk?

Click For Spoiler

Q3: In "___[episode]___," Tom Pairs asked Neelix for _________ to be severed at least once a week.

Click For Spoiler

Q4: Where is the New Berlin Federation settlement located?

Click For Spoiler

Q5: Name this episode---- Picard and Crusher must escape an extremist political group while telepathically linked by a device. (And of course, this is Mrs.Picard’s favorite episode. :innocent: )

Click For Spoiler

Wheel . . . . . of . . . . . Fortune!

Guess to what you think the puzzle says (Do NOT guess letters. Just make educated guesses on what the phrase or word may be. If needed I will give hints)

Q6: _ o _ t _ o _ e _ y

Click For Spoiler

Q7: _ r a _ o r | A u t o _ a t _ _ | _ e r _ o _ _ e _ | U _ _ t | 3 9 4 7

Click For Spoiler

Q8: _ h _ | _ _ u r n _ | f _ _ | _ d _ n _ i _

Click For Spoiler

Q9: In "The Magnificent Ferengi," what were Keevan’s dying words?

Click For Spoiler

Q10: Neelix's Rodeo Red's Red Hot Rootin' Tootin' Chili, caused many crewmembers to go where?

Click For Spoiler

Q11: Who led the Federation defense against the Borg attack at Worf 359?

Click For Spoiler

Q12: The same actor that played Admiral Hanson, played who on Star Trek V?

Click For Spoiler

Q13: What civilization shares a Class-M world in the Delta Quadrant with the Vori people?

Click For Spoiler

Q14: What is the name of Molly O'Brien's favorite doll?

Click For Spoiler

Q15: Name this episode---- A blind woman is the only possible ambassador to a species whose appearance makes human begins go mad.

Click For Spoiler

Q16: What unorthodox technique for transport, did B'Elanna use to beam up the away-crew, which was on a Borg cube with the Species 8472?

Click For Spoiler

Q17: In "Imagine in the Sand," Sisko was in search for what?

Click For Spoiler

Q18: A Bajoran wedding is conducted in accordance with what ancient prophecies?

Click For Spoiler

Q19: When Picard visited his home on Earth, what project did he (very briefly) consider leaving the Enterprise to work on?

Click For Spoiler

Q20: What is the name of a large orbital service structure that is used for construction and maintenance of starships?

Click For Spoiler

Q21: A Jem'Hadar solider who reaches the age of 20 is known as what?

Click For Spoiler

Guess to what you think the puzzle says (Do NOT guess letters. Just make educated guesses on what the phrase or word may be. If needed I will give hints)

Q22: _ o o _ i e _ | _ o o _ g

Click For Spoiler

Q23: T o _ _ o

Click For Spoiler

Q24: Who was the captain of the Enterprise during the ship’s refit around the year 2270? (FULL NAME!)

Click For Spoiler

Q25: What is the name of the game involving a half-meter hoop and a spear? The hoop is rolled between various stakes planted into the ground, and the objective is to throw the spear through the center hoop.

Click For Spoiler

Q26: In that game, upon a successful scoring in this matter, what is it traditional to shout?

Click For Spoiler

Q27: What was the temporary identity when Quark was surgically transformed into a Ferengi female?

Click For Spoiler

Q28: What popular human game did McCoy offer to teach Spock?

Click For Spoiler

Q29: In "Genesis," what broke out? (Give the name, be specific!)

Click For Spoiler

Q30: Name this episode---- Bashir and O'Brien are hunted by a people whose biological weapons they just helped to destroy.

Click For Spoiler

Q31: Whose daughter was named after Kirk?

Click For Spoiler

Q32: With what species did it take nearly a century for Sarek to conclude negotiations?

Click For Spoiler

Q33: What was the Borg designation for Hugh?

Click For Spoiler

Q34: In "The Adversary," a Founder tried to provoke a war between the Federation and the __________.

Click For Spoiler

Q35: On what planet did Data get built?

Click For Spoiler

Q36: Who was the Queen of the Scalosian civilization, which commandeered the Enterprise?

Click For Spoiler

Q37: The Malons jettison waste into what region of space?

Click For Spoiler

Q38: What does the Orb of Time allow someone to do?

Click For Spoiler

Q39: Into what star did Soran first launch a solar probe?

Click For Spoiler

Q40: How many days left until season 4 of Enterprise starts?

Click For Spoiler

Q40_b: What is black and white and red all over?

Click For Spoiler

Master Q

Again, I am disappointed with the behavior of the session. I'm might have to be forced to crackdown harder. And I don't think you guys will like that. It is going to take some of the fun out of the session. I certainly don't want that to happen, but if some of you can't behave like adults, then that is exactly what is going to happen. I've been thinking back-and-forth if I should adopt stricter rules for our next session, but I'll see what happens.....and if needed adopt stricter rules based on what happens in session 24.

One of the problems was profanity. NO fowl-language, period. I don't care if you are going to cover it up with a substitute (like "fluck" or the others that we saw). It is how they are in context with the obvious real substitute. Grow up; learn how to speak without the use of profanity. If you can not do this, then leave your mouth closed; or don’t come to my trivia sessions because I don't want to host for you.

One other note: When you ask me "Did I get the question correct" .....

Ask yourself this; "Did the answer I send in correspond to the answer that Master Q gave? Was my spelling close-enough so that it looks/sounds like the real answer? Was I the first person to send it in correct, or was I at least the second person who gave it in practically at the same time as the first?" If you are still not sure and really want to know, then give me a private message AFTER I post the results on the message board. I would be more then happy to tell you. It would be more pleasure, but ask me at the right-time. I can't always drop everything and answer your questions while I'm in the middle of hosting the session.

Trivia Results:

Enterprize 42

drwho42: +24

Mrs.Picard: +8

Bonus Points: +12

Total: 44 points

Team Discovery Channel

celticelim: +26

ensign_ro: +4

Bonus Points: +6

Total: 36 points

Team NeriNova

Prometheus_Nova: +12

Neroli-Chasser: +2

Bonus Points: +3

Total: 17 points

Team Bob

(I love the team name, by the way......I'm teasing!)

Ace: +6

Deanna_Troi_Fan_Lizzy: +0

Bonus Points: +0

Total: 6 points

Master Q

Questions/Answers:

Q5: Name this episode---- Picard and Crusher must escape an extremist political group while telepathically linked by a device. (And of course, this is Mrs.Picard’s favorite episode. :) )

Click For Spoiler
Answer: "Attached"

Master Q

257898[/snapback]

Trivia Results:

Enterprize 42

drwho42: +24

Mrs.Picard: +8

Bonus Points: +12

Total: 44 points

Master Q

257899[/snapback]

:innocent: :) We won!

Congratulations to the other teams, and their job well done. :laugh:

;) I don't really think it's her favourite episode... :)

lastresort.jpg42.gif

:sus: @ drwho :P Yay :o

You're right about the episode :notworthy: I hate that episode.... :unsure: :laugh: and master q knows that... :laugh: :blink: Oh, I love to be teased... :o

Anyways, congrats to the other teams, of course. :)