Sign in to follow this  
timmy84

Weapons on Enterprise

Is it just me, or does Enterprise have a lot more phase cannons then three. My count so far are 10. Has anybody else noticed this.

Also, what happend to the plasma cannons. Obvioulsy they were suppose to have them since Starfleet took the time to install them and were going to install phase cannons with them. And they can't just simple replace them. I'm sure plasma turret ports and phase cannon ports are too differnt.

Now we know that they had plasma weapons when they left Earth. They also had a few phase weapons. After the first episode they probaly started to build some more phase pistols and rifles. On one episode, they brought back a plasma rifle. So they still have them. Now on Cogenitor I noticed the weapons locker Reed showed the Vissian tactical officer had three diffent weapons. In the middle were phase pistols, on the right were rifles that had a emitter on the end(I assumed these were the phase rifles)and on the left, rifles with barrels(I assumed they were plasma rifles).

On Regeneration, the rifles with barrels fired beams. So there phase rifles. Yet they still have rifles with emitters on the end.

One thing I would have liked to see with the weapons on Enterprise such as the hand-held phasers would have been that they only had one setting i.e. kill. This would have highlighted that they still had primative links to modern society, while showing that there was still room for improvement with human morality and their technological advances.

One thing I would have liked to see with the weapons on Enterprise such as the hand-held phasers would have been that they only had one setting i.e. kill. This would have highlighted that they still had primative links to modern society, while showing that there was still room for improvement with human morality and their technological advances.

Maybe the vulcans has some effect on the decision to create a stun setting. And to think about it, the current law enforcement agencies are even now trying to create less fatal weapons for use, so there is actually a link to our current times.