Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Shields during the War

Is it just my imagination or did it seem like during the Dominion War the ships didn't have shields except the ones that the main characters were on?

Second Question:

Ds9 was able to destroy a Jem'Hadar attack ship with like 3 torpedoes in "Call to Arms"

How come in "A Time to Stand" the Jem'Hadar ship they were on could take so much punishment, since they were in battle for several minutes? Did Starfleet pgrade the ship or are Centaur-class vessels (or just the centaur of an unnamed class) not too powerful?

I'm guessing Centaur vessels were part of the Frankenstein fleet.They used substandard weapons so thye could easily be mass produced.

The Centaur in that episode may have been trying to disable the attack ship instead of destroy it. It was behind Federation lines so they might have assumed it had useful information onboard.

During a lot of those battle scenes the ships that were destroyed easily might have been targeted by multiple enemy ships. That would explain why their shields failed so quickly.

Edited by fenriz275

For your second question, I'm just thinking the federation were just more powerful and more dedicated than the dominion were. They did have and study that Jem'hadar ship for over a year.