Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeanway

If Gene Roddenberry Were To Come in Here

In Gene Roddenberry's day I think he was considered to be "A Bit Out There". I mean he had alot of trouble getting "Star Trek" on the air, didn't he? We all know the kinds of things he came up with, we are all great fans of his work. But if he were alive today and came in to this site, just as a member, what kinds of things do you think he would talk about? Assuming no one knew it was him. :dude: I know he had a great sense of humour. Just think about it. :bow: And he was a true "Seed Planter". :laugh:

I think Mr. Roddenberry would have been off canon, alot. :) :huh: and probably gone off topic alot too. :rofl: You can't contain creativity, it needs to wander. :)

I think Mr. Roddenberry would have been off canon, alot. :huh:  :) and probably gone off topic alot too. :) You can't contain creativity, it needs to wander. :rofl:

254484[/snapback]

Creativity also needs to communicate, so it at least follows some language rules. And Rodenberry would probably stay on topic if he wanted to get a point across. I can't think of an episode of Star Trek where they failed to get a point of view across. They do not wander aimlessly within the storyline.

There are sub-plots, if you want to consider that off-topic.....

Creativity also does not do well in anarchy.

Mr. Rodenberry's creativity was also constrained by budget limits. He could not make Kling-ons the way he originally envisioned them. So now we have Kling-ons with ridges, and Kling-ons without ridges, and people arguing about canon.

I agree that Rodenberry would have been 'off-canon.'

Thank you mj. Although your comment about anarchy, I don't quite get the connection there. :) But since Gene Roddenberry's imagination created so many new things, how can it be in anyway contolled by another person?It can certainly be squelched and discouraged by other people. :rofl: Luckily he was able to wander freely through it in his later years. Imagination is a wonderful thing. Tempered with his sense of humour and his love of history and his visions of the future and what's out there, I wish I had known him. :) Do you know what year he passed? I just found out his real name was 'Eugene Wesley Roddenberry.'

Gives us a sense of continuity doesn't it? How life has gone on before we were born and how it will continue after we are gone. Makes me think about how little time we all have here on Earth. :) and what are we are all going to leave behind. :) I wonder what he was like when he was a little boy, maybe he was alot like some of us in here. :rofl:

Actually I think it would be interesting but then I have wondered if some of the actors ever read the stuff on here. Whatever Mr. Roddenberry would of done here, it probably would have been interesting. Hopefully he would have gone off topic more than stayed on it.

That's all I'm sayin, yes, he would have been off topic, ALOT :innocent: Why would anyone want to restrain HIM???? " I wish I could have Known him, but I was just a kid, his candle burned out long before his legend ever did." :laugh: {Song by Elton John.}

IF mr. Roddenberry was still alive, he would not onley visit the site, but he also wanted to be a part MOD, and if that was so than a whole lot of members would be banned :innocent:

My Lord, has it really been that long since he died? Where does the time go? I think Gene would have liked this site. I think he might have been a little upset about the way things were going in the world of Trek.

^

^

^

Care to make wager on who that might be ILS??? :ooh2:  :ooh4:  :lol2:

257752[/snapback]

I ment non-trek-spammers who like to spam this site :innocent:

If Gene Roddenberry were still alive today, then I'd also like to see Rod Serling alive also...

So they can join forces and use their creativity to create great television shows, and etc.. :innocent:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

This might be a thread he's start: A Quote which I think defines Gene Roddenberry's philosophy.

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." ~G.K. Chesterton

Yeah only some of us are crazy, if u read one of your other threads about the people on this forum who are crazy and u will see that some of them said they werent.