Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Weather

^ I think that would kill me :) It's still in the upper 70's here.

Nah, you wouldn't stay outside in it for long periods of time (unless you were playing in the snow or skiing or something). In cold weather like that it's great to go outside, take a deep breath of frigid air and let the crisp cold air fill your lungs and then go in and start a fire in the fireplace.

Well I went out this morning to a bitter cold breeze with a low sun and fog, and black ice everywhere!

I had to walk up a bank with some students to University and we slid back down like dominoes! :)

Thankfully, I have a lovely warm room here at University, I never turn my heating off. So when I get in my room is like a sauna. But it is lovely when you've been out in the cold. The radiator is behind/under the desk so I sit and do my assignments, snug as a bug in a rug with a mug of cocoa... mmm!

I have to agree with you, Kevin, there is nothing nicer than cool air in your lungs, it feels so fresh! :)

Come to think of it I haven't posted properly here since the autumn, how are you all?

I have to agree with you, Kevin, there is nothing nicer than cool air in your lungs, it feels so fresh! :)

Every night during the winter I'll go out on my back deck (unless it's raining) for 4 or 5 minutes just to breathe in the cold air and look up at the stars.

Every night during the winter I'll go out on my back deck (unless it's raining) for 4 or 5 minutes just to breathe in the cold air and look up at the stars.

America seems truly wonderful...

Tell you one thing I do love, my desk is under the window sill and when I do my homework I look out at the rain outside and be all snug :)

^ I think that would kill me :) It's still in the upper 70's here.

In reality, 10 degrees is not too bad for a WI winter. Wait until January! This will be considered a heat wave.

Where I am now:-

mostly_sunny.gif

Highest 4°C | Lowest 1°C

At home about an hour away:-

Highest 0°C | Lowest -1°C

The high in Chicago today was -1 degrees F only the 45th time in recorded readings that the temp didn't get above 0. It will be colder tonight. And our heat went out last night - a half frozen pipe by the airconditioner we kept talking about covering up better. That job is now underway! It only got down to 63 inside and is now up to 66.

63F :b-day: I'm not happy about this. It's freakin' April in Phoenix. It's supposed to be in the 80's not the 60's.

Rain Ice Mix, snow showers....42....which means it's time for me to close my window.....unless i want to wake up feeling like a icicle.