Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

If there were a 6th series...

Star Trek

Mid-23rd century - The starship Enterprise explores the galaxy on a 5-year-mission.

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Mid-24th century - The 5th Federation starship Enterprise explores the galaxy while performing diplomatic missions for the Federation, as it's the Federation flagship!

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Still in the 24th century, a half Starfleet, half Bajorran crew running an abandoned Cardassian space station by a newly discovered wormhole, leading to the Gamma Quadrant.

Star Trek: Voyager

Just after the end of TNG, a small starship called Voyager is swept to the other side of the galaxy while chasing a Maquis raider. The 2 crews unite after the Maquis ship is destroyed. They then begin a 70-year-journey back home while explorring space and searching for short-cuts like wormholes.

Enterprise

Taking us back to the 22nd century, we see Starfleet's first deep space mission unfold on the starship Enterprise.

That's the basic premise of each series.

My question is, what would you like Series 6 to be about?

Here's a few ideas I'd love to see:

1. 23rd century colony, durring the TOS movies time perriod.

2. Starfleet's first timeship in the 25th century.

3. 29th century series about a ship explorring the Andromeda galaxy.

What about you?

I'd like to see something in the TNG/DS9 era but based on Earth. Explore section 31 a little more closely that kinda thing.

I just think that after ENT, we need to depart from the typical "crew on a starship explorring the galaxy" formula for a while.  I think that's why DS9 was so popular among the fans and why VOY sufferred.  (shrugs)

You could be right. To be honest i'll probably be happy with anything as long as they keep making Trek, but i wish they'd get rid of Rick Berman. I'm sorry but i just don't think he's the right guy to head the franchise.

I just think that after ENT, we need to depart from the typical "crew on a starship explorring the galaxy" formula for a while.  I think that's why DS9 was so popular among the fans and why VOY sufferred.  (shrugs)

You could be right. To be honest i'll probably be happy with anything as long as they keep making Trek, but i wish they'd get rid of Rick Berman. I'm sorry but i just don't think he's the right guy to head the franchise.

He's been heading it since like the 2nd season of TNG! :o

I would have to say on to the 25th century. Or have one that will pick up where ENT leaves off.

Since we've had 3 shows in the 24th century... Perhaps we could have a 2nd show in the 22nd or 23rd century? I dunno...

If they do a 2nd 23rd century series, I say it should be about a colony with a Starfleet pressense. The main characters could be civilians with say, 2 or 3 Starfleet characters.

No sorry, he hasn't, he was still having his wings well and truly clipped by Roddenberry during TNG, until he died. DS9 was his first " baby" and i really loved that,but some of the credit for that little nugget has to go to Piller and i think the other guy was called Ira steven Behr.

I know it is only my opinion but we need the old writers of the TNG era back on board, and i would gladly swap them for Berman anyday.

No sorry, he hasn't, he was still having his wings well and truly clipped by Roddenberry during TNG, until he died. DS9 was his first " baby" and i really loved that,but some of the credit for that little nugget has to go to Piller and i think the other guy was called Ira steven Behr.

I know it is only my opinion but we need the old writers of the TNG era back on board, and i would gladly swap them for Berman anyday.

OK, my fault, I ment to say 5th season as that's when Roddenberry passed away. Anywho, I don't give him all the credit, I just see him as the guy who "runs" the franchise, not neccessarry responsible for all the creativity. :laugh:

OK, my fault, I ment to say 5th season as that's when Roddenberry passed away.  Anywho, I don't give him all the credit, I just see him as the guy who "runs" the franchise, not neccessarry responsible for all the creativity. :o

Point taken. Sorry for going on, i just feel that he is not as true to Roddenberry's vision as he should be.A case of ego, like it's my baby now. However this is only my opinion based on comments he has made and i could be wrong.

I'd like a sequel to ENT (maybe farther in the future though, but before TOS), or one in the 26th or 29th century.

I would like to see one of the following:

i) A show taking place in the movie time-lime that deals with star fleet command and also incorporates a lot of Section 31. Almost like a X-Files version of Star Trek.

ii) a starship series that continues the current time-line. There would have to be some kind of catch, like a military vessel, or a spy ship with a newly developed cloaking device.

iii) A show based around Romulans or Klingons as the main characters.

I love Enterprise but I want to see the current known time-line continued.

I'd like a sequel to ENT (maybe farther in the future though, but before TOS), or one in the 26th or 29th century.

I was thinking maybe having it 20 - 50 years after Enterprise. Maybe their could be Starfleets first Deep space station. And if they went for twenty years Maybe Trip could be the Commander, it would put him about the right age then.

ive got a great one..

how about aboard the uss relativity...that jumps from point to point in time to stop the temporal cold war...meddling janeway... the 1701 and city on the edge of forever..etc etc...god knows theyve put enough groundwork on temporal paradoxes and temporal prime directives...

as much as I love trek I just don't think that there can me a next series. unless they can come up with something new.......I dont know ...........how about a show about the borg........the whole where they came from and yada yada yada............... ok just kidding around :laugh::laugh::bow: but still I just dont think it can be done.

There will be a next series, it will never end. :laugh: With all the crap on TV that is getting contracts, rest assured there will always been room for Star Trek unless everyone goes wacko.

lol... in other words...as long as they can make money off people like us.(merchandising and adverstising) then they will always have some vehicle to generate more income.

Would be cool to have the 6th series in the 23 century, perhaps on earth and watch the beginning of Star Fleet or the federation..

I would like to see a series set in the early 24th century the time between the original cast movies and TNG. Or better yet a series based on Captain Sulu and the Excelsior even though I doubt that will ever come about.

I would like to see a series set in the early 24th century the time between the original cast movies and TNG.  Or better yet a series based on Captain Sulu and the Excelsior even though I doubt that will ever come about.

How about an Enterprise-B series? We allready know what the ship looks like, but they can allways give us a new bridge. :)

I think it would make the most sense to pick up after Enterprise. That would put the show right at the begining of the UFP and also the early Romulan and Klingon wars. They spent a total of 21 years worth of telivision in the 24th century so I think it would only be fair to spend more time exploring the 22nd. I would also like to see a series that's a bit darker, like DS9.

I think it would make the most sense to pick up after Enterprise. That would put the show right at the begining of the UFP and also the early Romulan and Klingon wars. They spent a total of 21 years worth of telivision in the 24th century so I think it would only be fair to spend more time exploring the 22nd. I would also like to see a series that's a bit darker, like DS9.

I agree, we need either a 2nd 2nd or 23rd century series... or we need to jump to the distant future liike the 25th or 26th century.

To be honest, I'd love a 23rd century series about a colony!

Despite what some may call boring or "been-done" I would like to see a starfellt ship doing some dirtier buisness then TNG and Voyager like maybe some major conflicts between new races. Although I doubt Frakes would do it, I'd like to see him and Troi aboard his new ship.

I'd like to see something based around Starfleet command headquarters mayby an investergation drama

or maby about a new colony close to enamy space

I'd like to see a series without so much conflict. I hate to think that hundreds of years from now we are still going to be fighting over beliefs and territory. I'm not saying that won't be the case in reality but since this is science fiction it can be anything.

I would like to see more of the mystery of outer space. I would also like to see less use of phasers and photon torpedoes and maybe use the power of our minds like in the Matrix. Star Trek is supposed to be about seeking out new life and new civilizations; not about wars and who's got the most starships with the most power or who has crossed over into the neutral zone again.

First, Starfleet does not have a timeship by the 25th century! The very first experiments with sending messages through time was in the 27th century, first ships in late 28th - rift-ships in 29th - instant time teleportation in the 31st.

I would like to see a series either:

Time travel series like 29th century.

-or-

Some ship exploring the Andromeda Galaxy. (no time travel)

I think they should make a parallel series to Enterprise. We all know the ship on the Rec Deck of kirk's Enterprise doesn't look like the NX-01. I think they should do a series that takes place during the same time peroid but depicts this ship and shows that Enterprise is in an alternate timeline. This would clear up alot of the timeline problems Enterprise has created and make for some interesting stories. The S.S. Enterprise could cross over and meet the NX-01 and the NX-01 could help the S.S. Enterprise get back.

Also a series with Pike or Captian April Where the NCC-1701 is first launched.