Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Another Computer Question/Suggestion?

There is such a feature on the computer as a "Timer"??? :hammer: I know there is a timer on my Screen Saver, which I can set. But how about a timer that will make a sound?

Oh, and one more question. I had sound at one time but lost it after I had to do a Recovery disc. Anyone know about this? :laugh: I'd really like to get my sound back. :laugh:

I think Sourceforge has a multitude of stopwatches, timers, and schedulers that you can download. Linux is fraught with this sort of stuff, but you can probably get a few for Windows, if that's what you have.

If your sound is off, there is probably a little icon in the lower right corner of your screen that looks like a speaker (with a line through if if the sound is off). If you click on this, you can turn the sound back on - or increase the volume. Otherwise, you can go to "control panel" and click on "sounds and multimedia." You may just not have any sounds associated with any events.

OK, I checked that box, the Mute may have been off, I don't know, it looks the same either way. Thanks nik. :hammer: If I can get the sound back I may download the timer.

If the sound doesn't come back for a while. Go to your Control Panel and look for your hardware manager. Check your sound card's drivers and check if it needs to be replaced. Also check if it actually works.... :dude: