Sign in to follow this  
fredbroca

Alien VS Predator

I just watched alien vs predator yesterday and it was a very good movie. The start of the movie was a little slow but once it got going it was great. What I hear is if this movie makes money that both james cameron and ridley scott will make the next one and boy will that just rock. So is their any fans of these movies out their and did you get to see it? I would love to hear what you think of it.

I love the Alien movies (well the first two). I'm going with some friends to see this film tomorrow. I went to see The Bourne Supremacy the other day and an hour before AVP started, there was a huge line up. If James Cameron and Ridley Scott did the next one, I would be happy beyond belief. I'll get my hopes up! Yay! Lol.

AVP was awsome. I saw it the morning it came out (like always). Except for one huge continuity error, the movie was awsome. Great effects, and a good story.

ERROR

Click For Spoiler
Weyland (Lance) seems to be the real thing in this movie, until he dies, then gets vaporized. So why is he in ALIEN 3, almost 175 years later? And that really was him, not a robot (robots don't bleed red blood), not a clone (think of the timeline).

Guest Mike_Hines01

I thought this movie was excellent and can't for the next one (provided they make a next one that is).

Click For Spoiler
As for the Weyland thing, the guy in Alien 3 could be a decendant of the guy in AVP.
Edited by Mike_Hines01

Uh huh, you have heard of spoiler boxes right? :dude:

Click For Spoiler
So that people don't get angry and scream at you for possibly giving stuff away? :dude:
Edited by sea trooper

Guest Mike_Hines01
Uh huh, you have heard of spoiler boxes right? :dude:

Click For Spoiler
So that people don't get angry and scream at you for possibly giving stuff away? :dude:

251899[/snapback]

I forgot about that, it's quite late here and I'm not thinking straight. Anyway I changed it now, hopefuly not to many people noticed.

Alright. And they will make a second one.

Click For Spoiler
The first one left off with an opening for the next one. Which I think that the Predalien will take over the Predator homeworld. ALIENS GET THEIR REVENGE!

I just watched alien vs predator yesterday and it was a very good movie.  The start of the movie was a little slow but once it got going it was great.  What I hear is if this movie makes money that both james cameron and ridley scott will make the next one and boy will that just rock.  So is their any fans of these movies out their and did you get to see it?  I would love to hear what you think of it.

251495[/snapback]

It,s not in the dutch cinema,s now, but i can,t wait until it is!!!

i loved the "ALIEN"movies

and i loved the "PREDITOR"movies

(why must whe wait always a half year)

CAN,T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!!!!

There was no continuity error. Click the spoiler to find out why:

Click For Spoiler
Lance Henriksen plays Bishop as an Android in the future... we all know that! But in the present he plays Charles Bishop Weyland founder of the Weyland-Yutani corparation seen in the Alien movies, and pioneer or ROBOTICS... ie: Androids... get the picture yet?.

Anywho, here's what I thought of the movie. It could have been done so much better. Everybody in the theatre was cracking up over the chessy baywatch running sequences. Or was it just that particular theatre? At any rate, everyone in the theatre was talking about how much is sucked as the walked out.

Edited by Ace

Click For Spoiler
Since when was the last time you saw androids bled red blood???

I'm quite aware of the Alien Films and the Predator films

i'm also still hoping to see AVP since i saw the Combo of Freddy Vs Jason last time.

:naughty::naughty::naughty::laugh:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I didn't see AVP how is that movie i might go see that movie later on sometime.

I thought that the movie was well done but I wish they would have done something closer to the plot of the comic.

Click For Spoiler
I really liked they way they put the company from aliens in the movie and I will have to agree that in alien 3 that was IMHO his desendent.

I have not seen teh movie yet but here is a possible answer to the continuity issue:

Click For Spoiler
Lance in AVP plays a human, founder of the corperation I heard. Anyway, this I read somewhere, he becomes a template for synthetics in the future, which explains why Bishop looks like him. So, Bishop and Lance in AVP = Doctor Zimmerman and "The Doctor" in Voyager.

Hope that helps :dude:

Wow, this is actually the first time I'm seeing a good review of AVP. I personally haven't seen the movie yet, but everyone I know tells me that it was too cliche, a complete waste of time. I guess I'll just have to watch it and form my own opinion on it.

I bought the AVP gift set that comes with two 3 inch busts. It cost me 32 bucks but it was worth it!

i saw it n it was fab-u-lus!

there has to be another as the alien came out of the dead predator so there is another! on previews i saw it said "Whoever wins, we lose"

We didnt lose cause we stayed alive - predators stayed alive and so did aliens - the one inside the predator and the big momma alien! she just got frozed !

I have always loved the Alien(s) movies and I saw this one. My husband laughed when I asked him to take me so I went alone. I didn't know which creature to cheer for. I liked the Predator for forming a type of friendship with the woman but I liked the Alien for doing what it does best, being a killer. I'm hoping for another movies as they did leave a door open for that possibility.

:jem'hadar: :batman: ok, i may be bursting your bubble (and please don't hate me for that!), but i thought that the cast wasn't very strong and individualized. and the only continuity they had with any of the alien or predator movies was the guy who plays bishop in alien. well, actually, take that back. it was a good attempt at a movie like that, and i belive that a movie like that wuld have been very hard to make, because it had to string in two different universes and well, put them together.

i may not like the movie, but you had an awesome topic, one that i can actually post in.

LUV, CHI

:batman:

bats thinks so too, don't ya bats?

BATMAN: yes, chi, i must say that i have to agree... :batman: