Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

B'Ellanna Torres

Like Seven of Nine, the character of B'Elanna Torres was a character you either liked or disliked. When Voyager began, I didn't know what to think of B'Elanna. Initially I saw her as a very angry, arrogent, aggressive woman. I must admit too that I really didn't like her at all. Yet as I continued watching the series, she became my favorite character. I could even identify with her struggles and torments. I saw so much growth in her as the series progressed. I also liked how her relationship with Tom Paris helped her to mature. Actually their love for each other helped both of them to grow. At any rate. here was another crew member that to me had so much depth, and gave us fans a so much to think about. B'Elanna really let you into her heart and soul. She never left you wondering about anything. I also thought Roxanne Dawson gave a lot of passion and character to the role. She trully made B'Elanna come alive. :(

I really think if I was to have dinner with anyone on Voyager it would be with Torres (the character), being a species who viewed their lives on Voyager I would sit and discuss the deep emotional episode where she saved her mothers' soul from Klingon hell. Sometimes I was confused of Torres' true intententions of love either if there were more for the mother, father, or neither. I guess she is more like me beucase I really do not have any effections over my parents, but if my mother was doomed for hell, I would do anything to save her. My father- unsure.

I really think if I was to have dinner with anyone on Voyager it would be with Torres (the character), being a species who viewed their lives on Voyager I would sit and discuss the deep emotional episode where she saved her mothers' soul from Klingon hell. Sometimes I was confused of Torres' true intententions of love either if there were more for the mother, father, or neither. I guess she is more like me beucase I really do not have any effections over my parents, but if my mother was doomed for hell, I would do anything to save her. My father- unsure.

Lt. Commander you said a mouth full. You said some of the main reasons why B'Elanna's character and role on Voyager was so powerful. Her passions and emotions were so deep. Her life was so beset with relationship struggles that many, many of us could identify with. Personally I had a very stresfull relationship with my mother. But like B'Elanna, I would come to her rescue if I could.(By the way the episode you spoke of "Barge Of The Dead" was one of my favorite episodes) Yes, B'Elanna was indeed a memorable crew mate.......I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Roxanne Dawson at a Star Trek convention a year ago. She autograped her book and a photograph for me. It truly was the high light of my convention experience :( !!!!!

B'Elanna Torres
Is Yummy :o

Ok..had to get that out of my system, lol.

Man...durning the First couple of Seasons...I couldn't Stand her....but as the show went on...I think she became a more likeable character. alot of the Really Good Voyager Episodes are centered around her. One of my Favorites is "Dreadnought"

Voyager was a journey, not only across the Delta Quadrant, but of discovery for each member of the Ship. The Doctor journied and improved as did Paris. Kim and Bellanna. She was at first and angry pained woman and in the end found love and happiness. Voyager saved her from ferself.

Voyager was a journey, not only across the Delta Quadrant, but of discovery for each member of the Ship. The Doctor journied and improved as did Paris. Kim and Bellanna. She was at first and angry pained woman and in the end found love and happiness. Voyager saved her from ferself.

Well said Prometheus! I totally agree. In Voyager's first season could you even imagine B'Elanna being married and having a child! What a huge amount of growth for a character.

:o I totally agree with your comments. B'Elanna was in great pain. Her journey with Voyager did save her from herself. She worked through her agony on Voyager, and in the process she also helped her husband to grow. As you recall Tom was a bit of an arrogent jerk, when he arrived on Voyager. :laugh:

B'Lanna's become one of my favourite characters too. I think Dawson did a great job acting her. It would have been so easy for her to over-act with that role, and she rarely, if ever, did.

She was the best in season 3, with all the P/T flirting! YAY! lol, remember when she called Tom a pig. I love watching that in re-runs, because she has no idea that this man that she just called a pig was going to be her future husband and the father of her child. lol, funny :laugh:

She was the best in season 3, with all the P/T flirting! YAY! lol, remember when she called Tom a pig. I love watching that in re-runs, because she has no idea that this man that she just called a pig was going to be her future husband and the father of her child. lol, funny :laugh:

Yes, I remember when she used to call him a pig. I also remember the episode "Blood Fever," where her intense passion for Tom came out as she was going through the Vulcan Pon Phar. And finally I recall the first time she told Tom that she loved him, which was in the episode "Day of Honor." B'Elanna and Tom's relationship grew from a very special friendship into a very special love. :bow:

I never really had a problem with her. I thought it was an interesting character from beginning to end and I like how they explored the problems in her child hood in the later seasons.

Lt. Commander you said a mouth full. You said some of the main reasons why B'Elanna's character and role on Voyager was so powerful. Her passions and emotions were so deep. Her life was so beset with relationship struggles that many, many of us could identify with. Personally I had a very stresfull relationship with my mother. But like B'Elanna, I would come to her rescue if I could.(By the way the episode you spoke of "Barge Of The Dead" was one of my favorite episodes) Yes, B'Elanna was indeed a memorable crew mate.......I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Roxanne Dawson at a Star Trek convention a year ago. She autograped her book and a photograph for me. It truly was the high light of my convention experience :laugh: !!!!!

Yes, Torres is a gripping controversial character and I think that is what makes her such a good center piece for the Voyager crew. The one episode where I really did not like her in was 'Remember,' but she played it so powerfully that it drawed me closer to know the real emotional feelings of Torres. She really defined the Klingon Empire.

She was the best in season 3, with all the P/T flirting! YAY! lol, remember when she called Tom a pig. I love watching that in re-runs, because she has no idea that this man that she just called a pig was going to be her future husband and the father of her child. lol, funny :bow:

Yes, I remember when she used to call him a pig. I also remember the episode "Blood Fever," where her intense passion for Tom came out as she was going through the Vulcan Pon Phar. And finally I recall the first time she told Tom that she loved him, which was in the episode "Day of Honor." B'Elanna and Tom's relationship grew from a very special friendship into a very special love. :laugh:

I've likely memorized every bit of flirting in P/T history. Good to know someone else pays attention too!

B'Elanna grew on me. At first I just dismissed her as the "token" Klingon that Braga et al created so that they could diversify (sp?) the bridge crew which is why I wasn't suprised when she was made cheif engineer. I was annoyed at her anger and frustration as I only saw it as a way of trying to get us the viewer interested and actually only found her appealing to the eyes. As I continued to watch, her and Paris finding love didnt seem that shocking as someone on the ship had to fall in love because then it wouldn't be Star Trek but her with Tom is what caught my attention. As soon as she has that rock her character just seemed more interesting to me, I started to "care" about her and I guess I fell into what Braga wanted and it got to the point where I wanted to see her in every eposide so that she could offer her always unflappable opinon.

[quote name=Ahane Falzon

Yes' date=' Torres is a gripping controversial character and I think that is what makes her such a good center piece for the Voyager crew. The one episode where I really did not like her in was 'Remember,' but she played it so powerfully that it drawed me closer to know the real emotional feelings of Torres. She really defined the Klingon Empire.[/quote]

The Episode "Remember" reminded me of what happened during World War II, when the Germans sought to annihilate the Jewish people and gased thousands of them in concentration camps. It was an episode I will always REMEMBER. And yet the subject matter was very upsetting. Therefore it was not a favorite episode of mine either. I found many of the episodes that featured B'Ellana were epiodes that truly made you ponder and consider many issues and emotions. I wish there had been more. :bow:

Scientific Method. You haven't seen it? Great episode. They make out 3 times!

This is a long back and forth conversation.

Scientific Method was a great episode not only because of their "making out" but also because of how Tom finally brought B'Ellanna to the point of realizing how deep his feelings were for her, and how important to him she really was. I think it was this episode more than any other that made her begin to realize that she was truly loved. And she began to work through some of her insecure feelings about herself. :D

Tom and B'Elanna provided a base for each other that they could depend on. She was the best female, and second best if not best overall on the show. I'll admit that at the begining she seemed to me to be quite a bitch, but i also saw that as a defense machanisim, it is the same with Worf from TNG. By the time she and Tom got married, she was my favorite character, one of the funniest episodes is, "Tenkor, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" i liked that she was rubbing her foot up onto the Doctor, and vied for his effections with Seven and Janeway. But the funniest part is when Tom is glarring at the Doctor, he lokes like he wants to dismantel the Doc's subrutines one by one. Tom was lucky to get B'Elanna, she was a tough catch for him, and vise-a-versa, i think they were the PERFECT match they attenuated one another greatly.