Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

TNG episode spotlight

Takara. I hope you dont mind but it looked like you had a lot of fun writing up that little synopsis of Best of Both Worlds. I would like to do one for Yesterday's Enterprise if that would be ok, in my own words. :(

Click For Spoiler
The Enterprise D is flying through space, as per ususual. Guinan is having a wee chat with Worf about love and stuff. Suddenly, a sub-space rift of some sort appears. Unknown to the crew of the Enterprise, this is actually a Time/Space Rift. On the other side is the Enterprise C.

Now. Bach over 20 odd years ago, the Enterprise C saved a Klingon outpost from a Romulan attack. Everyone on board was killed and the ship destroyed. As a result, theKlingons thought that the Federation was all right and so gave peace a chance and the TNG timeline as we know it resulted.

This temporal rift, however, has appeared as the Enterprise C is fighting the Romulans. And sucks them into the TNG time. As a result, the Enterprise C isnt around to help the Klingon outpost; the Romulans destroy them and the Klingons get pissed off with the Federation. Peace doesn't result and the Klingons end up going to war with the Federation. This has in effect, changed the time-line and the Enterprise D is a battle ship. All dark and broody with no councellor or Klingon resident. As a result of this change in the time line as well, the mission of the Enterprise D has changed. Npow not being a ship of expoloration Tacsha Yar was never killed because the ship never visited Armus's planet (He's the big black horrible thing that killed her in season one!)

The Enterprise C emerges from the time/space rift in front of the Enterprise D, the battle ship. According to this alternate Enterprise D's records, the Enterprise C dissappeared all those years ago. No one is wise to the fact that this Enterprise D is wrong. All except for smarty pants Guinan of course who has an instinct that things are wrong. Over on the C we see a bashed up ship with blue and green screens. The crew wear the old motion picture uniform only with no chunky undershirt. The crew, led by Captain Rachael Garret, soon learn where they are. Picard tells her that the war with theKlingons is going badly and the Federation will fall. After much soul searching and a sub-plot love attraction between Tasha Yar and a member of the C's crew, they decide to send the Enterprise C back through the rift. This will of course bring them back at the point and time of the Romulan attack on the Klingon outpost. It is hoped that the C will help defend the outpost and faith will be restored between the Klingons and the Federation resulting in a restoration of the peaceful timeline. Tasha suspects by the dirt looks she gets from Guinan that she will be dead in this timeline and so decides to go back with the Enterprise C. Klingons attck both ships and kill Rachael Garrett but the Enterprise C goes back in time on it's suicide mission. Once it goes back, the timeline is restored and all returnes to normal on the Enterprise. No-one has any recollection of what has happened because now it hasnt.

Later in Redemption, we learn that the alternate Tasha Yar was taked by Romulans and had a half Romulan child called Sela. She betrayed Tasha who was killed and everyone on the Enterprise had only Guinan to offer some explanation as to how Sela was created.

Go ahead. I was following VBG's lead on these.

Yesterday's Enterprise is one of my favourite episodes too. It was amazing to see how different things were and then to have the repercussions that you talk about for Picard. It was a great way to bring Denise Crosby back for an episode as Tasha. So many other tv series would have used the old flashback stuff to bring a deceased character on. This was so original.

Great right up Prometheus.

ive always like this episode...the enterprise D as a warship and all....but i cant believe that the klingons actually were winning the war with there old rusted bird of preys and all...the only nice one ive ever seen was gowrons ...i also thought that they were gonna eventually do something with sela as like a sub-plot through out the series but i guess it was a dead subject

I love Yesterday's Enterprise it is one of my all time favorite TNG epi's. I think it is great that they showed how an event that may seem small at the time would have allowed things to be so different if it had not happened. It goes to show that every decision has a ripple effect, and effects every event that happens after that point.

Great Synopsis Prometheus. I love your down to earth way of putting things.

the Klingons get pissed off
:o Let's see 'em put that one in TV Guide.

Awesome episode,great story,great acting.I only had a problem with the Federation losing a war to the Klingons,because for all of their bluster the Klingons aren't strong enough to defeat the UFP,or the Romulans.And the only reason they had such success against the Cardassians was because the Cardassians lost so many ships against the Dominion.