Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Why won't old SPOILERS work?

One of the things I've been disliking...

Along with some of the pictures not working anymore... Like on some of Takara's posts... :drool:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

There are so many!!!

Their e-mail storage would get way too full!!!

Edited by Star Trek Fan

First read this thread> http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=15147

In order to fix all those old posts we'd (the staff) would need to go through EVERY old thread opening and hand fixing all the posts one at a time. I doubt that's going to happen, sorry. (perhaps VBG will have a miracle fix but if so I haven't heard of it yet)

First read this thread> http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=15147

In order to fix all those old posts we'd (the staff) would need to go through EVERY old thread opening and hand fixing all the posts one at a time. I doubt that's going to happen, sorry. (perhaps VBG will have a miracle fix but if so I haven't heard of it yet)

250356[/snapback]

I read it, but it didn't say anything about broken spoilers...

That's correct, there are so many old spoilers that is' too much to fix them all.

To see the old spoilers, just quote the post that has the spoiler and and you can read what was in the old spoiler. You don't have to actually complete the post, but you will see what's there. Then cancel out of the post, or if you want to help out and fix the spoiler yourself just delete all the of odd looking code and then place the remaining text (the spoiler info) into a new spoiler.

Here's an example

Click For Spoiler

In this example delete all of this:

<h4 style="cursor:hand" onClick="expandit(this)">Click for Spoiler:</h4>
<span style="display:none" style=&{head};>

and this:

</span>

From both spoilers, that will leave the actual spoiler text. Then just add the spoiler tags as if you are posting a spoiler and it will make it look like this:

[quote=Carrion,Jul 17 2004, 11:22 PM]
This may not seem like new news to u but hey might aswell put it here for other people who don't:

[spoiler]Daniel the time traveller is dying in a sick bay scene on the Enterprise[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The suilbon return and with them comes more threats of the dangerous Silik as they have altered the timeline while the enterprise was away in the Delphic Expanse[/spoiler] 
[right][snapback]239031[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Which will display like this...

This may not seem like new news to u but hey might aswell put it here for other people who don't:

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

239031[/snapback]

As you can see, it's a pretty time consuming task to have to go and do this (remove all of that code) from every single spoiler on the board so any spoilers you can fix will be appreciated by the Mods and the other members.

I hope this all made sense.