Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Harry potter and TGOF: Peice Of The Script

ok, heres a Peice of the script for Goblet Of Fire:

BTW, i put that places when they talk in BOLD and the rest in Italic

Click For Spoiler
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire shooting script as of July 30, 2004: The First Task

-begin-

HERMIONE

That's it.

(to Harry)

Harry. That's it!

(hurrying off)

Of course the incantation will

have to be rather powerful and

you'll have to leave a window open...

Harry watches Hermione go MUTTERING off, then turns, looks for Cho. Gone. He frowns, then passes out of FRAME, the CAMERA moving toward a WINDOW...

EXT. HOGWARTS CASTLE - LATE AFTERNOON

...and through, soaring over the grounds to the dense trees of the Forbidden Forest, circling the CRIMSON GLOW of the clearing, where newly erected STANDS teem with students...

EXT. ARENA STANDS - LATE AFTERNOON

...descending into the clearing itself, where Fred & George conduct a few last minute transactions...

FRED

Step up mates! Who fancies a

flutter on tonight's bloodbath?

GEORGE

Smart money's on Krum to survive!

FRED

One'll get you ten if Potter

dies. OW!

Hermione POPS George hard in the arm, glowering disapprovingly as...

GEORGE

We'd cut Harry in, of course...

...the CAMERA tracks back with her into a TENT, where...

INT. TENT - LATE AFTERNOON

...Harry paces. Hermione snaps shut the flap.

Smiles nervously.

HERMIONE

How're you feeling? OK?

Harry nods. Hermione glances about.

Fleur sits in stony silence. Krum

lies on a bench. Diggory paces.

HERMIONE

The key is to concentrate. After that, you just have to...

HARRY

Battle a dragon.

HERMIONE

Right...Oh, Harry!

Overcome, she throws her arms around him, when -- FLASH! -- Rita Skeeter strolls

in, PHOTOGRAPHER in tow.

RITA SKEETER

Young love. How stirring. If things go

unfortunately tonight, you two may even

make the front page.

HERMIONE

You.

RITA SKEETER

Oh don't even start, you silly girl. I

can tell you where it'll end.

KRUM

You haff no business here. The tent is for

champions. And...friends.

Everyone turns, stunned to hear Krum speak. Skeeter studies him appraisingly (as does Hermione), then smiles thinly.

RITA SKEETER

No matter. We got what we wanted.

As she exits, Dumbledore enters from the opposite end. With him are Karkaroff and Madame Maxime and Barty Crouch.

DUMBLEDORE

Good evening, Champions.

(as they assemble)

You've waited. You've wondered.

And now the moment is here. A

moment only you four can fully

appreciate. Which begs the

question: Why are you here,

Miss Granger?

HERMIONE

Oh. Sorry. I'll. Just. Go.

DUMBLEDORE

(as she exits)

Barty.

Barty Crouch steps forward with a SMALL BAG of PURPLE SILK. SMOKE weeps from the bag's SEAMS while its belly WRITHES with some sort of interior activity. Crouch seems at great pains to simply keep the bag in his hands.

BARTY CROUCH

Surely it's been ... agonizing ...

for you all... speculating...

these many weeks as to just what it

is that awaits you tonight. Within

this bag lies the answer...

As Crouch fumbles with the bag, Rita clucks her tongue softly as she MURMURS to the phlegmatic photographer.

RITA SKEETER

Oh, Barty, what a magnificent

ruin you've become. And to think

you almost ruled the world. Of

course, that was before. Then the

cookie crumbled. I'll never forget

forget the day it happened. It's

quite remarkable to see a man

lose everything in the blink of

an eye. To see him...

(a hard smile)

...completely lose his grip.

As Crouch gains some dominion over the bag, he holds it out before a wary Fleur.

BARTY CROUCH

Miss Delacour, if you will...

FLASH! The photographer steps forward to capture the moment and Moody is revealed, having heard Rita's every word.

Fleur swiftly withdraws her hand from the squirming silk and finds a tiny MODEL of a DRAGON bearing the number "2." It pads angrily over her palm, lets out a TINY PUFF of SMOKE.

BARTY CROUCH

The Welsh Green. Mr. Krum...

Krum reaches in, draws "3."

BARTY CROUCH

The Chinese Fireball...

Then Cedric: "1"

BARTY CROUCH

The Swedish Short-Snout. Which leaves...

HARRY

The Horntail.

Dumbledore's eyes darken as they peer into Harry's palm. The miniature Horntail rears up angrily, lets out a ROAR and emits a TINY BALL of FIRE.

BARTY CROUCH

These represent four very real

dragons, each of which has been

given a golden egg to protect.

Your objective is simple: Collect

the egg. This you must do, for

each egg contains a clue, without

which you cannot hope to survive

the next task. Any questions?

The Champions stand mute.

DUMBLEDORE

Very well. Good luck to you all.

Mr. Diggory, at the sound of the

cannon, you may pro--

KA-BLOOM! Filch fires a SMALL CANNON a tad early, causing all present to nearly jump out of their skins.

Cedric stares at the tiny dragon in his hand, then closes his fingers over it and strides away. CAMERA RISES behind the remaining TRIO as Cedric exits...rising higher as the nseen crowd ROARS...rising into the peak of the tent where the canvas undulates with the FLAMES that FLICKER beyond...cycling slowly back down to...

Harry. Standing alone. As he begins to move, CAMERA tracks after, following him through the tent and into...

INT. ARENA - LATE AFTERNOON

...the ROARING arena, where HUNDREDS of SCREAMING FACES wheel above him and THREE MASSIVE BANNERS hang TATTERED and SMOKING. Only the banner opposite, emblazoned with the HOGWARTS CREST, is wholly intact. Then...

A FIREBALL BURSTS through the center of it and the banner DISINTEGRATES, revealing...the Horntail. Yellow eyes blzing. Spiked tail punishing the ground where a GLIMMERING GOLDEN EGG lies. Harry points his wand to the sky:

HARRY

Accio Firebolt!

Instantly, CAMERA CRANES high, soaring above the clearing and the forest that contains it, leaving the shrieking voices behind, finding Hogwarts Castle on the horizon. A PINPRICK appears in the sky, lengthening, drawing closer in a RUSH of AIR. And then...Harry's FIREBOLT streaks into view.

CAMERA CRANES DOWN, plummeting back into the abyss of SCREAMING VOICES, tracking the broom right into...

Harry's hand.

Instantly, Harry ROCKETS into the air, clothes snapping, hair fluttering off his SCAR.

Engraged, the Horntail's head swivels, yellow eyes tracking Harry's every move. As Harry DIVES...

...the Horntail SPITS forth a BLAZING ROPE of FIRE. Harry swoops, streaking under the flames, straightens out, DIVES again, then looks down and...

...sees the dragon's SPIKED TAIL lashing up like a whip.

Harry rolls sideways, strangling the Firebolt's handle as the dragon's tail whistles past and a GUST of WIND buffets him.

Rolling upright, Harry jets away, dodging one volley of FIRE after another, then loops down and ...finds himself heading directly at the Horntail. Furious, the dragon rises up, sends forth an errant BLAST of FIRE and, for the briefest of moments, leaves the golden egg exposed.

-end-

That's cool. Though some parts are changed from the book. I hope it's better than POA was. *shakes head* disappointment. Well, it was probably the director. He's out for this movie though. I'll be waiting for GOF. *sits and waits*

That's cool. Though some parts are changed from the book. I hope it's better than POA was. *shakes head* disappointment. Well, it was probably the director. He's out for this movie though. I'll be waiting for GOF. *sits and waits*

248902[/snapback]

I feel the same way! PoA was terrible ... I believe it was a combination of the director along with the screenwriter. I didn't expect everything from the book to make it into the movie, but the major plotline would have been nice. For me, PoA was all about James Potter and his friends (the Maurauders) ... Sirius had no meaning without the backstory. Unregistererd animagi, secret-keepers, I could go on and on, but I'm tired of talking about it.

GoF has promise, but they left so much out of PoA and GoF is such a huge book, that I cannot see any way on this earth that they are going to be able to fit everything in. The whole Mad-Eye Moody story, the tri-wizard tournament itself, plus all the backstory about the Maurauders (it's got to come into play somewhere! So much will make no sense without it) ... How will they do it?

I'm more interested in getting my hands on Book 6. I get the impression that Jo Rowling is just about finished with it ... we might have it by next June. Now that is what I am waiting for.

POA ticked me off.....

It really took out a lot...

With GOF being even longer, we may see some very major events get cut. I at least hope that they will have an intermission during the movie. I think it will actually last that long.

It looks promising, but what I want more is number 6. (harry Potter and Half-blood prince. That means that he's going to face Voldemort (half-blood prince)

I feel the same way!  PoA was terrible ... I believe it was a combination of the director along with the screenwriter.  I didn't expect everything from the book to make it into the movie, but the major plotline would have been nice.  For me, PoA was all about James Potter and his friends (the Maurauders) ... Sirius had no meaning without the backstory.  Unregistererd animagi, secret-keepers, I could go on and on, but I'm tired of talking about it.

GoF has promise, but they left so much out of PoA and GoF is such a huge book, that I cannot see any way on this earth that they are going to be able to fit everything in.  The whole Mad-Eye Moody story, the tri-wizard tournament itself, plus all the backstory about the Maurauders (it's got to come into play somewhere!  So much will make no sense without it) ... How will they do it?

249124[/snapback]

POA ticked me off.....

With GOF being even longer, we may see some very major events get cut. I at least hope that they will have an intermission during the movie. I think it will actually last that long.

249183[/snapback]

I hope they only cut some insignificant things out. Because GOF needs to be done in the greatest of detail so that the movie holds up. The smallest plot hole could send a wave of suckiness apon the movie. That was POA's mistake.

This is what I don't understand why don't they do what they did with kill bill make it into two movies? That way we would more of the story and they would get more money as we would have to twice to see the whole thing.

POA ticked me off.....

It looks promising, but what I want more is number 6. (harry Potter and Half-blood prince. That means that he's going to face Voldemort (half-blood prince)

249183[/snapback]

Sorry WAB, but Voldemort is not the "half-blood prince" and neither is Harry. Jo Rowling has confirmed this on her website most definitively. Check out www.jkrowling.com if you doubt me.

Most popular rumours thus far on the Harry Potter forums is that one of the following people is the half-blood prince:

1.) James Potter

2.) Neville Longbottom

3.) Hagrid

4.) Godric Gryffindor

5.) Gilderoy Lockhart

6.) Albus Dumbledore

Now I am of the opinion that James was a pureblood and Neville is a pureblood. We really don't know about Godric Gryffindor. Hagrid is obviously a half-blood (giant/wizard). I really hope it is not him because he bores me to tears! Gilderoy Lockhart was a total idiot, and I hope it is not him either. Dumbledore would be all right, but we really don't know anything about his bloodlines either.

I think that it will be someone we have not met as yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

One> I liked harry potter 3.It was Dark and had less "Fluff" which is always cool

HBP(Half-blood Prince) sounds good

1.) James Potter- maybe but not certian

2.) Neville Longbottom-Biggest rumor i heard.But his parents were pure-bloods

3.) Hagrid-Everyone agrees on the harry Potter lexicon that this is a possiblity

4.) Godric Gryffindor-Unknown

5.) Gilderoy Lockhart-His day came in book 2.I doubt they will use him again

6.) Albus Dumbledore-Who knows..We know so little about him anyway

Other than that i am out of ideas..I think it will be a charatcer they will introduce..maybe a new student..but hey with JK you never know

This is what I don't understand why don't they do what they did with kill bill make it into two movies?  That way we would more of the story and they would get more money as we would have to twice to see the whole thing.

249414[/snapback]

It's just too much trouble and hype for a "family" movie.

Kill Bill was good that way, but Kill Bill wasn't originally a children's book with 3 movies before it.