Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

All time favorite movies

What is your favorite all time movie? Jurassic Park

Romance Maid In Manhattan This one I thought was very good. It was also very thought provoking, and I agreed with most of what was said in it.

I also love The Shadow, Back To The Future I-III, and others that I can't remember right now.

~Conor

Guest Ktrek

This is a hard question to answer but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say my most favorite movie is "Naughty Marrietta" starring Jeannette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy. I love this movie and never tire of seeing it. It's a classic light opera story with great music, a classic romance, lot's of laughter, danger and suspense. Jeannete sings like a lark and Eddy is every woman's dream. If you have never seen this classic you should! Eddy and MacDonald did several musicals in the 30's to 40's together but this is cream of the crop. I only wish they would release it to DVD! This is the film that "Ah Sweet Mystery Of Life At Last I found You" came from. Now at last you know the secret of it all!! lol

Ktrek

Favourite: Lawrence Of Arabia / Excalibur

Lawrence because after seeing David Lean's version and reading; Seven Pillars of Wisdom, The Mint and Lawrence the Uncrowned King of Arabia by Michael Asher, I still find his life was interesting and it is still difficult to see the real man and his motives and separate the truth from legend....Excalibur- because I've always been a diehard King Arthur fan...

Scariest: Silence of the Lambs (when I first saw it)

Funniest: Life of Brian

Thought Provoking: Gattaca - haven't seen Schindler's List yet.

Saddest: Mouse and His Child/ Watership Down- this has stuck with me since I was a kid.

Romance: not big on these.

Contact would have been more thought provoking if they stayed closer to the book. The book had me pondering for weeks and weeks.

Favourite ....." The Lion in Winter " with Katharine Hepburn as Eleanor of Aquitane, Peter O'Toole as Henry 11, and a young Anthony Hopkins as Richard. It was made in 1968. This is my number 1 movie of all time. It wasn't an action movie as such, just brilliant acting

Scariest .... "Alien ", " Jaws "

Funniest ... " Mars Attacks ", " The Holy Grail "

Most Thought Provoking " Contact "

Saddest ... " Edward Scissorhands " I have seen this movie about 10 times now, and I cry every time. :rolleyes:

Off Beat ... " The Naked Lunch " This was very bizarre, I kept watching hoping it would make sense. But no ! ...Never again ! :lol:

Romantic ... " Sleepless In Seattle "

My fav. has to be star trek II the SE I have watched it so many times that I lost count. Scariest Seven as that movie just freaked me out. Funniest You might think me strange but it has to be Aliens it was scary the first time I watched it but now it just gets funner every time I watch it but Tremmors comes a close second. Thought provoking thats a hard one but I would have to say Empire of the sun great movie but sad. Saddest that has to be Saving privte ryan I cried at the end and I don't do that. Offbeat will have to goto Monty Python and the Holy Grail with Troops right behind it. Romance would have to be the cinderela movie with drew baramore as it is the only one I have bought.

I have an updated list:

STAR TREK 1-10

STARGATE

THE ABYSS

BACK TO THE FUTURE - THE TRILOGY

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

E.T. - THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL

GALAXY QUEST

GHOSTBUSTERS 1&2

GODZILLA (American 1998)

THE HAUNTING (1999 remake)

JURASSIC PARK 1-3

LOST IN SPACE

SIGNS

SPIDER-MAN

TERMINATOR 1-3 (maybe)

THE TIME MACHINE

What is your favorite all time movie?

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

The funniest?

The most thought provoking?

The saddest

Offbeat

Romance

Favorite Movie- King's Row ( an old Ronald Reagan flick)

Scariest Movie- LOTR ( actually there is a little of everthing here....)

Funniest Movie - Galaxy Quest

Most thought provoking- The Odessa File

Saddest Movie - Steel Magnolias

Most offbeat Movie - The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes ---You'd have to see all these tomatoes rolling down the street to get a real sense of the absurd.

Most Romantic Movie - Persuasion

Favorite Star Trek movie: toss up between First Contact and Insurrection ( I love the idea of a perfect moment in time in Insurrection.)

I finally rented LOTR the Two Towers...I did not like it as well as the first, but they are awesome in creating this epic battle between good and evil. There is such profound struggle -- the main

characters find themselves is such difficult situations. Frodo's tears at being in a situation too big for him.

I have an updated list: (again B) )

STAR TREK 1-10

STARGATE

THE ABYSS

BACK TO THE FUTURE - THE TRILOGY

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

E.T. - THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL

GALAXY QUEST

GHOSTBUSTERS 1&2

THE HAUNTING (1999 remake)

JURASSIC PARK 1-3

LOST IN SPACE