Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sea trooper

sea trooper's Senior Log

Earthdate 2004.219

Commencing first Personal Log. Subject: Senior Year.

Today I got my little card that tells my home room and bus number. I must report to Portable 11 on August 16, 2004. My bus will come for me 7:00am, and I will get home at 2:47pm. I will buy school supplies once school starts so's I know what to get. *sigh* one week of vacation left. School stars one week earlier and ends one week earlier. I hate the school system. All this ridiculous stuff that they make up to make students "smarter". All it does is waste our time and make us angrier. Hopefully this year it will be different. My Senior Year. It begins...

As for work today, it was pretty easy. Not any big lines, not alot of returns. Though there was this old man who had an account under his son's name and had no proof of it because I couldn't find it. He tried to make his own account but he was using his ATM card, which can't be used. I told him, he got mad and stormed off. Like I care. I've built up enough tolerance working at the store to not show my anger with a large hook, but by hiding it. If anyone here ever works in a video store, prepare to want to kill kids, bring weapons to work, and actually bring weapons to work. But I've been there for less than 3 months, so I'm not too far off to the third one. But I know my boss has a small bat in the trunk of his car...

Earthdate 2004.229

The first day of my Senior year. It was good. Though the bus (public) never came to pick me up, or take me home that afternoon. The first class I had was American Government, which I find boring, so I requested to take it with my old teacher who teaches it too, but they put me in another room with the guy who tought American History last year. Next class was Ceramics. My favorite. The third time I have taken that class. The teacher is really nice and working with the clay and my imagination is fun! Third class was Marine Biology. I'm going to like that class, since I'm in to all that stuff. Then it was lunch time. I wasn't very hungry though.

Now to my 4th period, Psychology. I never wanted that class, my councelor insisted that I take that class. Probably to recruit more of her kind.... It was kind of boring, and the teacher asked a question about "Name a problem that does not deal with psychology.". I haden't the damndest idea. But some might be good, I think he's a Trekkie. He commented a girl named Risa, saying that her name was a planet. He asked if anyone watched Star Trek, I raised my hand (the only one). I miiiiiiight stay to see what else of Trek he knows about.

My 5th period teacher was a real *bleep*. She was so serious. She was like "You are all adults so I expect you all to act like adults. I'm not taking any crap from any of you. You are all seniors, so you need to learn to act like some, because you already should." and she seemed pissed while she said it. My 6th and last class was Guitar. I had baught a guitar to learn how to play, and now is my real chance. I think it might be fun, but dificult. I have no clue of musical symbols and stuff like that. I hope she teaches us.....

Then I finally got out of school at 2:30 and got home at 3:20. I hope the bus is reliable tomorrow. Though I had an almost good time, I feel this is going to be a long year.

Earthdate 2004.238

Oh the rain! Can you hear it? It's the storm season! Yesterday I was soaking wet when I came home from school, COMPLETELY WET, because I walk a block from where my bus drops me off to go home. You wouldn't believe how hard it was raining! And I'm not kidding, I was as wet as if you had dropped me into a a pool for a few hours. Today it only rained during classes and not after school, but they had to postpone going to my 5th period because my 4th is in a portable. But it's the storm season, and I couldn't be happier!

Oh, and a few days ago I changed my sig. I am now going to post a picture of a Trek character and a good quote of theirs every week. This week was Riker, next change will be on Friday.

:) Well enjoy it while you can. I'm changing it tomorrow. But who knows, Riker might come back in a few weeks :laugh:

Earthdate 2004.241

Alright, so I was at work today. At around 10 or 11 pm, this old guy and his "son" came in and started complaining to my friend/coworker who had the misfortune to talk to them first. I'd tell you what they really were, but it wouldn't even be allowed in Qo'noS. They came in and said that the disk of the DVD they rented was all messed up and it didn't work, so Ronald (friend) said to him that the disk just needed to be cleaned and the old guy was saying "No, it's your job, you have to clean it, I have to come down here because you aren't doing your jobs" and all that BS and I couldn't help but look over, who wouldn't?

So Ronald went to get Eddy (manager on duty) and they kept complaining so I glared at them again and the "son" was all like "What's your problem? Why the hell do you keep looking over here!" and I made a disgusted face and turned back to my customer and they kept complaining. So Eddy came over and they "son" was like "You got a problem? I'll kick your a**!" and Eddy didn't even do anything, so they were explaining the story and the "son" said (directed toward me) "And that idiot keeps looking at us" and I looked over again and he went "What's your problem? Why the hell do you keep looking over here nerd!" I almost fell down laughing! NERD! omg that was so funny! I even went "NERD???" out loud, but he didn't say anything back. So about a minute later they left (after alot of curse words), they are supposed to talk to the actual manager on Monday (which I am so going there after school!).

So everyone would talk about it all the rest of the employees would talk and laugh about it, because they were so pathetic! No one was intimidated by them! So one of my coworker's brother wrote the entire synapsis on the account notes (every account has a note pad) and it was the funniest thing! I'll post it up later! So afterward Eddy called the company and they are banishing him from the store (hopefully!). He made a full report. But the thing is, they were complaining for Johnson Family Vacation! Such a useless cause for such a useless movie! I'm telling you, people in this world are arrogant. They think they could do whatever they want. But if it weren't for me being on the clock and in the store and all that, I would have so beat his punk a** up! I would have jumped over the counter and got all over him! So that's why I'm going to buy a can of mace next week. Spray it in the offender and kick them in the groin! And of course beat thier a** up!

Earthdate 2004.243

I was in English class today and I was supposed to say something that we could do to help the enviroment. Everyone had to stand up in front of the class and talk about what they wrote, and I have never been able to do that! I'm always so nervous and stuff when I get up in front of a class full of people, but when I went up to talk about how there are more Pharmacies than there is forrest, I just broke out. I said the entire thing without thinking without stopping! I couldn't believe it! I let loose! The class liked it, the teacher liked it, and I felt good about myself.

Earthdate 2004.246

That darn hurricane. Now I have to evacuate from my house. Moving all my stuff and there isn't even a high probability that it will hit us head on! It will just sideswipe us. Meaning heavy rain and some wind. I don't want to go to my sis's house. I want to stay here and post on STF.N and watch The Punisher :lol:

Darn hurricane is getting on my nerves... :bow:

And school was canceled today and tomorrow. So a 5 day weekend!

Earthdate 2004.249

Well, I'm back home, which is in one piece. The hurricane didn't even seriously hit Miami, which I said! but no one ever listens......

The video store closed on Friday and I didn't even have to go to work, but I did have to go help clean the store up. You wouldn't believe how many people came and tried to rent movies (but were shunned by a licked door) and called every 5 minutes asking if the store was open. *shakes head* Waste of oxygen.

And I have no idea if there is school again on Tuesday, though I think there will be...

Earthdate 2004.256

Work yesterday was awful! On friday I went to school, and I imediately had to go to work. And I worked until 1am. Then I found out there was a meeting the next day, so I went back there at 8am, and worked, not under my will!, until 2:30pm, and then I had to go back to work at 5pm and I worked until 2am. I have to scream at my boss next time I see him. He can't do this to me. I'm a part-time, 17 year old employee. It's against the law to do this to me.

Don't scream, just stay calm and make sure you mention the words parents and lawyer. I believe by law (at least in this state) you can't work past 10:00 pm at your age.

Well I would if he wasn't also my brother in law :dude:. And it is true that by law underage employees should be clocked out by 10pm, but I've always been working since 1 or 2 or less (rarely) but only on weekends because he knows I have to go to school on weekdays. The thing is the my working all day and all night. I can't do that. Not only lawfully but phisically.

Earthdate 2004.262

Just thought I'd check in. I'm thinking about writing another short story. This time about Star Trek. I was writing one about a month ago and I saved it on my PM folder (I don't trust anyplace else) and it's not there anymore! Well, no sense in continuing that. There is no way I can get it to be as good as the first, and there is no guarantee that i'll remember every little detail. Ah, Klingon Prom Day is a lost cause....

And I changed my sig again. It's Tom Paris!

Earthdate 2005.28

I know I haven't posted anything here in a long time, but nothing exciting has been happening. Just regular boring school and work days.

But I just have to post today! Today was the best day of the year! I signed up for this presentation in school about medical technological science. I thought it was just about science, so it was boring, but the best thing is that I was able to get out of my new 4th period! :) Plus during lunch I was able to sit in my favorite spot by the corner edge of the courtyard and there was barely anyone sitting around! :( :) Plus I also signed up for an Everglades field trip that's on March 11th. Plu plus it was raining all afternoon when I got home, AND I beat the first Marine episode on Director's Cut difficulty in AVP (Hey, you don't know how long it took, not to mention it sometimes scared the crap out of me. Oh, and I don't work today. :) :) :(

I almost forgot, I downloaded the Broken ringtone to my cell phone. I absolutely LOVE it!

I HATE SENIOR MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! it is really boring and a pain in the butt year. I thought that it was going to be fun, but for me it is all about homework and more homework. I did all of my home for half of my life, when in reality i could be doing something alot better with my day. I just hope that my half-day will be getting better. Now to make matters even better. I find out that i have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). And my family is like it is from stress or something and well i wonder where that is coming from. Don't worry i know that you are doing better than me.