Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Star Trek 11 News

A while ago someone, I can't remember who, posted a link for the imdb page for "Untitled Star Trek Prequel", which is Trek XI. Anyway, I've bookmarked this page and look at it once in a while. I was gone on vacation for about 8 days (in Cape Cod, MA) and so i checked when I came back. According to that page, the director of Star Trek XI will be...NICHOLAS MEYER! Director of Star Trek II and Star Trek VI and writer of Star Trek II, Star Trek IV, and Star Trek VI. If this is true it is great. Nicholas Meyer knows Trek well and has given us great movies. Here's the page:

Untitled Star Trek Prequel (2006)

It also looks as if a casting director has been hired: Mary Jo Slater. She cast Star Trek VI as well as Stargate SG-1 and Babylon 5.

Note: I'm not sure if the Romulan War thing is true of not. I've also heard the movie may involve Starfleet Academy

Random factoid.

Mary Jo Slater os Christian slater's mother!

Yeah, that's why Christian Slater has a cameo in Star Trek 6. I believe he's the officer who talks to Sulu in his quarters.

Yeah, that's why Christian Slater has a cameo in Star Trek 6. I believe he's the officer who talks to Sulu in his quarters.

Correct.

Now I know why the heck he wa in that movie.

I think this is the completely correct approach to take with the next movie. I want to see a hardened, militaristic adventure, with a completely new crew. A film that fans can enjoy yet will appeal to the general cinema goer in its ability to stand on its own two feet. There is no more time for sentimental jaunts with the Next Generation crew. I think we are just getting tired with the same old relationships and dialogue: we need to move on and keep it fresh. Nicholas Meyer has a great vision of the Star Trek Universe. Im sure visually we shall see a ship that is laden with chrome and very militarisitc and a storyline that will have great drama and depth. Iloved the look of 'Wrath' and 'Undiscovered Country', and the casting and scoring was fantastic. Hopefully this new crew will create a new separate francise in the Trek Universe that will provide the support and enthusiasm that Trek needs right now. Something for all to enjoy just as they would any new film. Elements of Trek, should however, be adhered to though, such as continuity, Ship design, uniforms and so forth. It is great to see this gap in the Trek timeline being filled after al this time. And seeing an era being developed that is a lot closer to our own.