Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ The Heart of the Matter ~~

Are there things that affect you deeply and actually hurt you just to watch? I personally can't stand the thought of cruelty to animals. It makes me physically sick. I've seen things years ago that I can never forget. I feel like it damaged my mind. If I see anyone hurting an animal I go ballistic. I have actually gone after people twice my size in defense of an animal. What affects you this way?

Abortion. God tells us in the Bible (Jeremiah) that even before we were in the womb God thought of each and every one of us. Abortion is murder. I don't care what you say. It's not right to kill.

Are there things that affect you deeply and actually hurt you just to watch? I personally can't stand the thought of cruelty to animals. It makes me physically sick. I've seen things years ago that I can never forget. I feel like it damaged my mind. If I see anyone hurting an animal I go ballistic. I have actually gone after people twice my size in defense of an animal. What affects you this way?

I remember something that shocked me, but I did not have to act, because another person passing closer to the scene than me acted.

I was walking to the library from my dorm in the middle of campus (almost 30 years ago) when I noticed a little boy directing his large dog to chase down a squirrel. The dog must have been a hunting dog, because squirrels are quick, but this squirrel was no match for the dog. A male student coming in the opposite direction was also witness to the whole sordid affair. The dog caught the squirrel and crushed it in its mouth. The squirrel screamed. I would describe it as a scream. Up until that point I had never even been aware that squirrels make noise. ( Now I know they chatter and make clicking sounds. Then I had never noticed.) But the squirrel cried out. Of course it died.

The male student stopped the boy and lectured him on the cruelty of what had been done. I did not interefere or add my two cents worth, becase the right things were being said.

It is one of the cruelest things I have ever witnessed and I have never beeen able to forget it. Never. It is painful to remember, and yes I am tearing up as I write this.

The other witness responded in the way I would have had he not already stepped up to the plate.

Yes, WAB, it is Murder. I cry too when I see things done to fetuses, in pictures, I mean. They have no voice, that doesn't mean tearing them apart doesn't hurt. <_< Just like animals have no voice. Just because they can't say "Your hurting me" Doesn't mean it doesn't feel pain. That's just insensitivty and cruelty and callousness. I can't understand how people can cause pain to other living creatures. I even think Fishing is murder. :bow: How would you like to be hooked in the lip then dragged through the water to a place where you can't breath. How horrible. That would be like someone stabbing you with a big knife then pushing you underwater until you drown. How Horrible. :look: There is nothing funny or humourous about it. There is actually a Society formed to prevent the deliberate torture of animals in testing labs. The Anti-Vivisection Society. Some of the things they do to animals is disgraceful and I think it's a sin. They purposley burn animals with blow torches on their outstretched bellies to test burn medication for people. I actually saw this and I fainted. They put acid in their eyes and anything else that will damage the eyes. They perform surgery on them to make them sick on purpose. The suffering animals go through is unimaginable. Don't get me started on Partial-Birth abortions. I'm actually feeling sick right now, I have to stop.

Edited by Jeanway

I started this thread earlier today and I just got a call from a friend of mine's sister in New Hampshire. My friend died. He was only 26 years old. And I'm feeling very sad right now. We knew each other in college and have been talking on the phone for the past 5 years every month or so. He was only 2 months older than me. Even though I haven't seen him in years I am still upset. I just can't believe it. My heart is really hurting right now. Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread for this, but it just felt appropriate right now. I feel like I can talk about this with my friends in here.

I feel for you right now Sweetie. You're not alone. <_< I wish I had something more comforting to tell you right now. I think time is the only thing that will make you feel better. I'm here for you and I'm sure your friends here on the site are here for you. :look:

Curlety to animals and guys beating up girls.

See I live on a farm and well my dad is what you can call legally insane. My sister had a cat that was a indoor one that was not neutared so it would some times pee on the walls. One day he got the gun out and was looking for the bullets, thank god I hid them from him <_< and was making all my sisters cry calling them swear words and stuff like that well my mom came in and started to yell at him and he put the gun down and was about to punch her untill he noticed me standing there all ticked off. See I am 45 pounds bigger than him so I yelled at him and he tried to beat me up, well lets say he did not stand a chance.

I hate people hurting animals its so wrong.

People that don't discipline their children and allow them to run wild in public places.

Years ago when I was a teenager, I worked as a cashier/bagger at a grocery store. One day a woman with two small wild children came in and shopped the kids just ran all over the store and ignored warnings of don't climb on that or get down. As I was bagging her order her children ran to the exit and out into the parking lot. The woman was furious with me for not stopping them and drug those two little nightmares to the office manager and insisted I be fired. I was called into the manager's office and asked what my job was. I told him I was hired to ring groceries and bag goods. He look up at the lady and said, 'Ah ha, I knew I didn't hire any *babysitters*.' I was told to return to my job. The lady asked for a refund and left and never came back.

Edited by BlueCrystal

My condolences to you on the loss of your friend, Jeanway. <_<

Issues that get me going:

Abortion (I'm against it)

Animal cruelty

People acting immaturely

There are more, but these are the main ones.

People that don't discipline their children and allow them to run wild in public places.

I can not agree with you more. Espically my parents, heck when I was five and I said god in the wrong way I got grounded but now my younger ciblings swear and do other bad things and I get blamed for it. :assimilated: man it ticks me off.

Thanks Ace. Today feels like a gray day even though the sun is out. I just am having a hard time with how young he was. His life was so short. There wasn't much time. The word "Lifetime" has changed for me now. The meaning of the word. Every other person I have known who died was alot older, past 70. This is something new.

This might just move me to act on sometings I've been putting off.

I can not agree with you more. Espically my parents, heck when I was five and I said god in the wrong way I got grounded but now my younger ciblings swear and do other bad things and I get blamed for it. :assimilated: man it ticks me off.

I agree! Unattended children really bother me. I've seen a few almost get run over by cars.

I think it must be really difficult for mothers with little children to have to take them in the stores with them. Actually, I feel bad for them. Little kids get out of control in the stores and they want everything they see. Why can't the Dad watch them? Or at least pay a babysitter for a few hours? I looks like it's torture. I don't want to have to go through that, ever. And if the Mom tries to shut them up by disciplining them then she gets critisized by everyone. That's just not fair. Maybe super-markets should have baby-sitting rooms so Mom can think while she is shopping. As a courtesy to their customers. :assimilated: I'm not talking about the Mom actually abusing the children in the store, just trying to make them behave.

If I had the ability to do this, I would remove all calculators from grade school, and all pre-algebra math courses.

It breaks my heart as I now see students who are the the product of having alawys had calculator who cannot add or multply two single digit numbers without it.

If I had the ability to do this, I would remove all calculators from grade school, and all pre-algebra math courses.

It breaks my heart as I now see students who are the the product of having alawys had calculator who cannot add or multply two single digit numbers without it.

I agree; I'm actually glad my curriculum didn't allow calculators until late in high school.

The only reason calculators should be allowed is in cartesian graphing of parabolas. I see no reason for their use below Algebra. I'm a student BTW.

When I teach college physics, I always start the semester by showing the students the calculator I use - a cheap, beat up Radio Shack 10-digit scientific calculator that a girlfriend got me for Valentine's day almost 12 years ago. I tell them that this is all they need in my class. Then I design exams that are ridiculously hard if the student relies too heavily on his big, fat HAL-9000 briefcase calculator, but straightforward if they just follow my advice and "DO THE PHYSICS FIRST!" then do the math. Many students spend entire exams hunched over their calculators only to fail, while others touch their calculators a few times and get A's. I'm a scientist, have never used a graphing calculator, and probably never will.

I think it must be really difficult for mothers with little children to have to take them in the stores with them. Actually, I feel bad for them. Little kids get out of control in the stores and they want everything they see. Why can't the Dad watch them? Or at least pay a babysitter for a few hours? I looks like it's torture. I don't want to have to go through that, ever. And if the Mom tries to shut them up by disciplining them then she gets critisized by everyone. That's just not fair. Maybe super-markets should have baby-sitting rooms so Mom can think while she is shopping. As a courtesy to their customers. :assimilated: I'm not talking about the Mom actually abusing the children in the store, just trying to make them behave.

Many super-markets in Japan actually do have areas where the kids can play while the parent shops. It's an excellent idea.

I agree with that totally mj. We weren't allowed calculators in my classes, only for special assignments where time was a factor. But it is nice to know how to use calculators and all the specialized funtions they have.

Edited by Jeanway