Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Message in a Bottle

When the two EMH's were battling with the Romulans, they rerouted all power from lifesupport to the maneuvering thrusters or thrusters, but when the battle was over a few officers with phaser rifles beamed over. How could security beam over without life support?

I belive life support stops any moer oxygon entering the ship however the oxygon which is already there stays there untill it is needed. Correct me if im wrong but thats what i remembr.( Remembered from almost every othere seires that deactivated Life Support)

But remember, the EMH Mark two filled the whole ship with Neurozine, An anysthetic. How could they not collapse?

[edit] u in neurozine [edit]

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

The neurozine would have disapated by the time the Starfleet officers arrived. You also have to conisder what it meant by "Life Support". It's not only the flow of oxygen but also heat and water (I'm assuming water).

On Apollo 13 life support was basically shut off once they rounded the moon and began the trip home because they couldn't afford to spend the power that life support required. They were however able to sustain life in the conditions that they were in even with life support off.

There's not much else to add...They probably scaned the ship before beaming aboard and decidded that it was safe enough for people.

Also: The holograms were not breathing the remaining oxygen, thus the levels probably remained somewhat level...At least enough for humans.

the neurazine dissapated after a while, that is before they shut the life support.

hmm... but what about the Romulans? don't they breath when sleeping?

:naughty:

i'm sure they return the life support to normal later, after all they only off it because they thought they need more power to the engines, since they didn't need it. I'm sure they return the power to the life support systems.

or when the Multi Vector Assault Mode is annitiated, systems went to a default settings.

:naughty:

the neurazine dissapated after a while, that is before they shut the life support.

hmm... but what about the Romulans? don't they breath when sleeping?

:laugh:

i'm sure they return the life support to normal later, after all they only off it because they thought they need more power to the engines, since they didn't need it. I'm sure they return the power to the life support systems.

or when the Multi Vector Assault Mode is annitiated, systems went to a default settings.

:bow:

252172[/snapback]

I think romulans breath while sleeping... *puts creating oxygen thing to go into your lungs so you don't have to breath on invention to do list... puts it on invention failure list in advanced*

I guess the most plausible theory is that they probably had enough power after the battle with the Romulans to divert some back to Life Support. And I guess it is true -- about how cutting off Life Support doesn't remove the oxygenj already in the air.

As for the neurazine, I suppose they had time after the battle to somehow neutralise it, or maybe it dissipates after a while.