Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Warning About U.S. Atomic Clock

I got a Pop-Up asking me if I wanted to Download it. I did and my computer went nuts. I have deleted it.

That was spyware. I know what you are talking about. Go and download Adware 6 from download.com and SpybotSearch and Destroy from download.com. It will get rid of any bugs you got.

Windows XP has a built in synchronizer under the time settings in the tab "Internet time" use time.gov. It works best.

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

I think I saw that pop-up yesterday, it warns: "You're PC clock may not be correct!". I considered the download for a moment, ( :bow: ) then I compared my PC clock with the cable box; saw that my clock was right on the money and closed the pop-up. Whew! Smartest thing I did all day.

Thanks!

I will watch for this pop up. If it appears I'll click it off.

Can anyone give me a good spyware detector that is free?

Or

Anyone know of a good window washer that is free to download?

Right after this happened to me, I got a pop-up for free spy-ware. I think it's all connect :bow::bow:

I get loads of them, I jsut ignore them all. I would recomend gtting a pop-up stopper. Ill try find the linkwhere i got mine from l8er for you all.

Ad-ware 6 and Spybot Search and Destroy are free and the best 2 scanners.

My computer is right below my regular clock so I never use my computer clock at all.

But thanks for the warning and I'll make sure I never click it!

YOU SHOULD SEE THE TROUBLE I'M HAVING :clap: Even after I ran Maintenance Wizard, Norton and Defrag. :clap::clap: Idiot,Idiot, Idiot :clap:

What happened to your computer? It it slow or is it like taking 20 minutes to load Word?

What happened to your computer? It it slow or is it like taking 20 minutes to load Word?

Both WAB and Yahoo is all messed up too. :clap:

i heard that adware can delete important files for your computer... and as for pop ups the random ones that appear when you connect to the internet are gone off of my computer i forget exactly how i did it but there was something a program or something hidden deep in my harddrive i had to go through a few things (i forget exactly don't ask me what) and then i deleted the file, i havn't had another site related pop up since, just perfect :)

i heard that adware can delete important files for your computer... and as for pop ups the random ones that appear when you connect to the internet are gone off of my computer i forget exactly how i did it but there was something a program or something hidden deep in my harddrive i had to go through a few things (i forget exactly don't ask me what) and then i deleted the file, i havn't had another site related pop up since, just perfect :)

you probably deleted something in your cookie files.

Yahoo's pop-up blocker is very good. It blocks about 98% of the pop-ads. Since I have installed it at the beginning of the year I've had 489 pop-ads blocked.

Any pop-up or spyware or adware remover has the POTENTIAL to delete files, but I don't think there is a great danger. Most often the files that are removed are recoverable or were not that important anyway.

Edited by lt_van_roy

There IS a danger of important files being deleted from your PC by the remover, that's what happened to me. Took $500 to repair the damage done. Be careful.

wow you had to pay $500 to get a software/os problem repaired? The business I work for charges $50 an hour, but normally just a flat $50 regardless of what gets done. Were the files lost part of an expensive program or what?

I'm not sure, we may have been taken advantage of. The repairman started off stating he could repair every thing by wiping the hard drive then re-writing it but soon he saying: "you need this" and "you need that", "this new part won't be compatible with that old part" etc.. I just stood there bobbing my head yes & saying "ok replace it". The end result was replacement of every component in the PC including the case! (I should say our original PC, the infected one, was a gift which cost us nothing) I guess for all we got (including a cd burner) we did better than we would have at a retail store.

BUT! One of those ad-zapper programs led to the original PCs demise.

Edited by Alterego

:blink: :blink: I'm just leaving it alone, it seems to be working it's way out. Each day it gets a little better. Maybe it's healing itself. :blink: