Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Should Ken Jennings Voluntarily Bow Out?

Should Ken Jennings Voluntarily withdraw?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ken Jennings Voluntarily withdraw?

• Yes, he's won enough
    • No, take it for all you can
    • Maybe,

I haven't been watching it but I've heard about it - what do you think? He's won over a $1M - that's a lot for Jeopardy. There comes a point when a person just gets on your nerves because they know everything. It must be intimidating to those people who finally get their break to find out they're going up against him.

How long do you think he should keep it up, apparently there's not a limit.

I'm kind of thinking it might be time for him to take the high road and depart....plus it's a good way to avoid the embarrassment of being beaten by someone

I haven't watched in years, but 2 things came to mind as I've been hearing about this lately:

1- Could it be rigged for ratings? (ratings have gone up over 30% due to Jennings.)

2- I feel sorry for all those incredibly smart people who could've done just as well, but were on the show when the 5-win maximum was still in place.

I don't know what he should do, but put yourself in his position. He's on a roll and making easy money; why stop now? :dude:

Personally, I've really enjoyed watching Ken Jennings. I think he should go as long as he can. I think that he's not defeated he will eventually bow out because he'll start to get homesick. He's getting his fifteen minutes and being recognized for his intelligence, something that is often overlooked.

I actually find it very entertaining to watch him win. He's not trying to be arrogant he just happens to have knowledge in a large number of areas and with each show he gets better (quicker on the buzzer). I'm sure he'll be back for the tournament of champions.

The below spoiler contains information I've heard (pure rumour) as to what happens (since these eps were taped back in February).

Click for Spoiler:

I've heard he's on for 45 shows and wins $1.6 million. I have no idea whether he is defeated or walks off. Personally, I hope he walks off, he has to start spending that money sometime. Edited by Jack_Bauer

My first thought is that alex trebeck's time is up as host :o :o. Actually, part of me says he outta keep going, but another is kinda iritated that the other people who might have been just as smart didn't get this chance and also that some of these people STILL aren't getting this kinda chance, so i'm not sure. But i do think it's time to replace trebeck :wow:. hehehe

He should keep going! Intelligence should be rewarded. :o

I think they should reinstate the limit, or make it a ten day limit if you want to give better champions the opportunity to shine. Otherwise you could get series of shows that are dominated by one Ken Jennings after another.

Stardate:214276.8

Hell no!! I hope this guy is on for a long long long time.I love this guy!!!! I have watched the show more and more now because of this guy.

I notice every once in a while when he gets a question right especially the Double Jepordy questions, he looks over at the other contestants and gives them that smug look that says "Oh yeah thats right Im better than you,you didnt get that right I did.Oh look I got more money than you!!!"

I love it when he gives those smug looks to some of those people some times.This guy rules!!!He just totally dominates every time hes on there.

No, take it for all you (he) can.

I would if I were him. It's going to be interesting seeing if they alter the rules to get him outta there or let him go forever. I don't think he CAN be beat; his strategy and knowledge is practically flawless. He just won again. He may eventually throw in the towel on his own (I doubt it though, would you?) but not before he beats the all time consecutive wins for any game show: 46. (I don't know which game show that was)

I think he should go on as long as he can. I think he'll lose eventually, someone will come along sooner or later that will know as much as he does and be just a little bit faster on the buzzer. Of course Jeopardy wants him on there as long as he keeps their ratings up or they go broke. I think it would be kooky if he went from gameshow to gameshow and cleans them all out :laugh: