Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Holodeck

I may have found an inconsistancy but I am not sure.

In the TNG episode Descent Part I Data says it takes two senior officers to override the Holodeck's safety function.

Then in Voyager, Belanna was able to remove them by herself.

Is this just a design change between Galaxy and Intrepid-class vessels, or was Bellana, as an engineer able to get around the safety protocol?

Or is it just a matter of forgetting already canon info?

I think they forgot because I never recalled her overriding any controls. It could be explained by the shipdesign because Picard overrode the safeties in FC.

I remember that WAB. B'lanna was Head of Engineering wasn't she? That could explain it. Maybe that was the reason. :laugh:

I'm sure they just forgot about that. We can't expect them to remember every single line from every episode can we ? And they could either explain it as different ship designs or B'Elanna's experience as a Chief Engineer and a Maquis who could get around protocols..

I think that B'Elanna was able to get around protocols because she was head of Engineering and she once belonged to a group of rebels - Marquis. They are recruited for their dislike of regs and unjust treatment and the gifts that they possess. B'Elanna was good at overriding programs. :)

U have to remember that the galaxy class was a family ship that might b the reason y it takes 2 senior officers. Whereas the soverign and Intrepid wernt.

I believe it was that B'Elanna was not a Starfleet officer she found it easier to go around the protocols.