Sign in to follow this  
master_q

nuqneH

Welcome my Klingonese Student to the Klingon Embassy!

This form was created so that you [and I] can learn how to write and speak Klingonese. This form also welcomes discussions about the Klingon Culture. Learning any language is a serious business and I will treat learning this language as serious. If you really want to learn the language then here is the place. We as a group will work together to learn this great and ever so growing language. It will not be an easy task, but together we will prevail!

However, this form is also about having fun. As a human student it is understandable to want to have some fun in learning this great language. We will have fun if the Klingon Ambassador likes it or not! This will include writing messages back and forth in Klingon, Role Playing, and so forth. This will also help us in working towards are goals in learning this language.

If you want to be a Klingonese Student, then you will have to sign up. Each Student that signs up is reasonable for doing a specific # of questions in the online “Postal Course” that he or she is assigned. These questions will be given out a random making everyone participate in the Klingon Language Postal Course (which is also partly online). It is also expected that you own (or will own soon) “The Klingon Dictionary” by Marc Okrand.

To sign up just reply here and then you will be an official Klingonese Student!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I will be getting the book in about two weeks, so sign me up. I will try to follow along as best as possible until then.

I should be receiving my book next week some time. :laugh:

Sorry that we have not started yet . . . I have the book and I’ll try to look it over Sat / Sun and then we can start, but right not I am pretty busy (Well maybe not right now - as you can tell)

Anyone else want to join in?

Master Q

In a few weeks we will start. (I know I have been saying that for weeks, but right now I have not really had the time to look over everything).

So please patient

Master Q

I have had the book for about 3 years and i would realy like to put it to some use

can I asume that if this go's well we will be having a Klingon chat night?

Sign me up. I will get the klingon book. I hope you are a patient teacher!! You'll need to be with me. :rolleyes:

Sure we will have some 'Klingon Chat Nights'!

However, the majority of the time we will just use this form.

I plan to add some games, role playing, and so forth . . .

Don’t worry, I will be patient, but be aware I don’t even know it. So I’ll be learning it with everyone else.

Master Q

Don’t worry, I will be patient, but be aware I don’t even know it. So I’ll be learning it with everyone else.

Master Q

What about those who are unable to use the chat room?? :rolleyes:

Master Q

Sounds like this is going to be a lot of fun!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

What about those who are unable to use the chat room??

Well like I stated primarily activities, completing lessons, and so on are just going to be on this form. (not in the chat room)

Master Q

What about those who are unable to use the chat room??

Well like I stated primarily activities, completing lessons, and so on are just going to be on this form. (not in the chat room)

Master Q

ok good.. :rolleyes: just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss anything.. :rolleyes:

I hope to get the boook, but either way I'd like to try. Just don't expect me to be good - I'm horrible at languages...

I would like to become a klingonese student but I'm in Australia so the postal thing won't work out. But could you please send anything to me online at cassidy_chick@hotmail.com

thanx!

I would like to become a klingonese student but I'm in Australia so the postal thing won't work out. But could you please send anything to me online at cassidy_chick@hotmail.com

thanx!

Anything you need will be right here.

Some of the lessons (but not all) from the place are actually online. So there should be no problem when we start. However, once we get to the higher lessons then I’ll just type everything out and post it on this board.

------------

I’m ready when everyone else is!

Just read up on the pronunciation and on lesson 1. If you have any questions or don’t understand something, then please ask it and I (or someone else) will try to answer your question(s).

Master Q

Sign me up too! If its not too late that is I am getting the book in the next week or so

It is never too late to join in

Master Q

Were can i get the kligon dictionary from I live in the UK. 

Thanks

:look:

I'm sure they have it in the UK. There are a few links in this forum to the book.

If I were you I would just go to a regular book store and if they don't have it then ask them to order it.

"The Klingon Dictionary"

By Marc Okrand

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

Master Q

I bought my first copy of the Klingon Dictionary when I was still living in England. I got it from a WHSmiths although I also saw copies at Blackwells. If they don't have one in stock, they will order it for you as well.

I'm closing this topic and the "Klingonese academy" at this time. Of course this forum will be open but I'm not managing an active Klingonese lesson plan anymore. In the future we might start this up again, however.

Until then topic locked

Master Q