Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Time-jumping ~~

Hypothetically, I would say that time-travel, or "time-jumping", would be easier made to the past. Two reasons: first of all, going into the past is reliving history, not pioneering into as-yet-unmade new history. Secondly, to paraphrase Han Solo of Star Wars, one doesn't jump into hyperspace without a nav computer; you could end up inside a planet. If that makes any sense. :hug:

Could you elaborate on that a bit??? Sounds very interesting jaz4debo :hug:

Hello J! I likes your new avatar. Are you going Ferengi on us, as in more mischievious and crafty? :hug: LOL! ^_^

BTW, what reason would you like for me to elaborate on?

:( :hug:

Sorry, J. I seem to have forgotten the difference between a Ferengi and a Romulan vessel. :hug: My bad. I still like your new avatar. :)

Edited by jaz4debo

without a nav computer; you could end up inside a planet.  If that makes any sense. :hug:

THIS

without a nav computer; you could end up inside a planet.  If that makes any sense. :hug:

THIS

Sorry to keep you waiting, Jean. Still foot tapping? :hug:

I actually went back to my VCR copy of "A New Hope" to refresh my memory of the conversation between Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Han Solo.

The dialogue, as I heard it, is in the following spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Obi Wan Kenobi: How long before you can make the jump to light speed? Han Solo: [it'll] take a few moments to get the coordinates from the navicomputer. Luke Skywalker: Are you kidding? At the rate they're gaining? Han: Travel through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy. Without precise calculations, we could fly right through a star, or end up next to a super nova, and that would end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

Apparently, my recollection of "inside a planet" is wrong. However, in an episode called "The Pegasus" from TNG - Season 7, there is a reference to a star ship being partly fused inside an asteroid. I may have had that in mind.

Either way, this probably does not answer your question. So, here goes...

As I previously stated in another thread, I believe "time jumping" would be easier to do going into the past, than into the future. The deal with Han Solo is to point out that time travel into the future is risky. H. G. Wells book, The Time Machine addresses that. In other words, if one had had a time machine in the upper floors of the World Trade Center prior to 9/11, and had activated it to go beyond 9/11, the consequences would be tragic, indeed. :hug:

On the other hand, I would argue that "jumping" to the future would be quite easy. For example, if I sit at my desk and concentrate really hard for an hour, I can jump 60 minutes into the future from the point I started.

On the other hand, I would argue that "jumping" to the future would be quite easy.  For example, if I sit at my desk and concentrate really hard for an hour, I can jump 60 minutes into the future from the point I started.

:laugh: I understand nik, I can do that too. It's called a ' Time Fit ' :look::laugh:

Well, I think we are going to try a ' Lateral' Time Jump. That means we go sideways into a 'Parrallel Time-Line. What do you think of that? :b-day: Then we are going to cruise, side-by-side in our 'Evaiders" looking for irregularities. :blink: :b-day: Wish us luck. :b-day: This is going to be SOME trip.

:blink: :jaw:

Wish us luck, we are going to need it. :b-day: