Sign in to follow this  
removed

Excercises

Alright. I was tired of soccer so i didnt play for the season, but alas, i gained about 5 pounds. Does anyone know of any really good excercises to loose about 10 pounds? Thanks. If I can lose that I'll be as skinny as ever.

The best way to burn fat is good old arobic exercise. That doesn't have to mean dancing around to some arobics tape either. Anything where you get you heart pumping is arobic exercise. I love rollerblading myself. Don't forget that the more muscle you build the more fat your body can burn. Strength training and arobic exercise go hand in hand. My own routine is strength training 4 days a week and arobics at least 3 times a week.

thanks for the advice. how long should i do each excercise for. say biking. how long should i bike a day to lose weight. or would biking even work? sorry i dont know this stuff. ive never had to do this stuff before. also, if i golf 18 holes at least twice a week for 2 months, what would that do?

thanks for the advice. how long should i do each excercise for. say biking. how long should i bike a day to lose weight. or would biking even work? sorry i dont know this stuff. ive never had to do this stuff before. also, if i golf 18 holes at least  twice a week for 2 months, what would that do?

I've never golfed so I don't know, but I can't imagine that would do it. Biking is a great workout. Go for at least 30 minutes a day 3 days a week to start. If you're new to working out don't over do it. 3 days a week is fine. You'll gradually build your endurance. Also don't just stop exercising very quickly. Try to cool down by walking or something for a few minutes after your workout. Stretching is imortant too to make sure you don't pull a mucsle or something. Can you tell I'm really into fitness? ;) I've had 2 kids in the last 3 years and I gained over 50 pounds with each and I'm proud to say I'm in the best shape of my life. Feel free to PM me with any questions. :D

I know how you can drop 10 pounds in 7 days. Interrested?

A healthy weight loss for most people is 2 pounds a week. Also, if you're talking about a diet pill or drink or something remember he's 16.

thanks UhuraRiker. youre the best.

well, CJLP, like UhuraRiker said, I am only 16. id also feel better about loosing 10 pounds if i did it through hard work and not a quick fix. i dunno. im like that. i like to accomplish something, not cheat to it.

Eat half a meal a day. Walk 2-5 miles a day. Bike ride if you can. Sleep full 8-hour nites. Drink lots of water when you get hungry. Most importantly, eat little.

7 days later, you'll of lost 10 pounds. Then slowly ease into a healthy eating habbit over the next week.

It should work real well. ;)

Eat half a meal a day.  Walk 2-5 miles a day.  Bike ride if you can.  Sleep full 8-hour nites.  Drink lots of water when you get hungry.  Most importantly, eat little.

7 days later, you'll of lost 10 pounds.  Then slowly ease into a healthy eating habbit over the next week.

It should work real well. ;)

That can work for some...but each persons metabolism is different. If I eat less I gain weight....when I was in Russia, I loved the food there and ate as much as I could(and believe me there was plenty) and when i returned to America I was 107lbs(I actually had periods of times in those three weeks that my excercise level was less than I normally did...when i left for Russia I weighed 125 lbs)...Now my minimum weight is 125 lbs, so I had to try and regain 18 lbs. So for me...I have too eat more and more often, in order to lose weight.. So if eating less doesn't work then modify your diet to eat more, by eating several small meals versus two or three regular meals a day.

In regards to exercise level...since I am a gymnast...I just try and maintain my competitive shape, by continuing to workout similar to the way I did when I was competitive(including conditioning: push ups, pull ups, crunches, situps, running/sprints, jumping expercises, ect.) But, of course that regime wouldn't work for many people...