Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Server Update Chat

Server Update Chat... What is it??? Does it ever really happen???

I know when it is, but what is it?

Server Update Chat... What is it??? Does it ever really happen???

I know when it is, but what is it?

It was a weekly time when the boards would be down due to a server update, everyone who wanted to be here at that time but could not post because of the update would meet in the chat room to kill time until the update was finished.

The update always happened too late in the evening for me so I was never affected nor went to one, I don't believe they (the update or the chat) still occurs.

Yeah, it was something that INvision did back in the early days of the board. THey would shut us down every Sunday morning (east coast time) around 1am. Sometimes it lasted a couple of hours so we'd all go into a chat room to pass the time.

Oh... I thought it was for people to discuss what should be updated... Well, I guess I was <b>very</b> off...

Yeah, it was something that we did to pass time during the server updates. I have left it on the schedule for sentimental reasons since we used to have a great time there every week. So technically it is still scheduled everyweek but no one ever really shows up anymore.