Sign in to follow this  
master_q

ENT Opening Could Change & More

ENT Opening Could Change

Author: Michael Hinman

Date: 05-02-2003

Source: SyFy Portal

It looks like "Enterprise" is doing more than just a change of direction in the story, but the show could be seeing a much more noticeable change.

"They're changing the opening credits," a source has told SyFy Portal. "That was probably one of the most controversial things about the show that we saw over the last couple of years with the fans, and (Paramount) is going to make that part of the overhaul."

Executive Producer Rick Berman said that the show, beginning with the second season finale in a couple weeks on UPN, will take a new direction in the third season as Starfleet is battling a new alien species that is told Terrans will destroy their home world in 400 years.

The theme song, sung by opera singer Russell Watson, met controversy on different fronts when it was first released two years ago from issues ranging from a departure from the orchestral ballads of previous Star Trek series, to the fact that it provided no energy boost to the show.

The source said that Berman and Brannon Braga are trying to keep the aspects that honor the current space program, but it will be retooled a bit to help develop a quicker pace into the show.

Please note that this information has not been confirmed by Paramount, and should be treated like any other rumor should

--SyFy Portal http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=970

Do you think this is just a rumor? Or do you believe that the opening credits will change?

How do you like the present opening credits? Do you think that they should be changed? Why / Why Not?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

The source said that Berman and Brannon Braga are trying to keep the aspects that honor the current space program, but it will be retooled a bit to help develop a quicker pace into the show.

This suggests to me it is more than rumor, "The Source" sounds like he/she has heard something specific. While I believe a little change once in a while would not be a bad thing, I am displeased the crybabies win again.

I guess I'm the only one who liked the opening song.

Not at all ~Crims~. I/we, here in this house hold adored and respect it the way it is now. I would have been ok with it staying the way it was for it's entire run but I do see the logic of a new, improved theme to go with the new, improved direction. I only hope like with all things they make new and improved, they don’t screw it up.

I personally hope they don't change it. I like it as it is. Changing it won't be in the "Trek Tradition" either. None of the other openings had much change in them at all. Just minor changes.

For myself I liked the opening credits and I also liked the song. As others have said it goes with the show. I think it would be kind of hard to top what they already had, but you never know we might get something better. The only thing that I did not like about it was the fact that they only had the actors / actresses names, but did not include his or her character name. On the other series we got them both. No big deal, but I wish they showed both.

The only series that was really changed the most was TNG. Before the thrid season they showed our solar system . . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I like the theme song too. And I also agree that it's not in Trek to change the main theme once it has been established. Maybe if this "new" direction is really far reaching they have to, in order to keep the same pace with the new stories or to show a progression. Frankly, the only thing I was hoping for was a start of the war with the Klingons. :laugh:

Sign in to follow this