Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

My Travel Photo Album, Part II

I decided to take an hour out of the day and visit a couple of places near to where I worked. These are in downtown Norfolk, the first is the MacArthur Memorial where General Douglas MacArthur is buried.

Click For Spoiler

After visiting the memorial I walked a couple blocks down the street and visited the U.S.S Wisconsin battleship.

Click For Spoiler

Nice Pics VBG

Thanks, I live and work very close to those places and never get down there to look around. Today I just decided to do it for once.

Nice Pics VBG

Thanks, I live and work very close to those places and never get down there to look around. Today I just decided to do it for once.

Yeah, a lot of people usually miss a lot of fascinating places near where they live, work, and play. For example, I live in Houston, Texas, and I find that there are a lot of places where visitors go where I haven't been to but have passed by on the way to school, violin, piano, or going anywhere. A city or region can be a fascinating place.

Nice Pics VBG

Yeah, a lot of people usually miss a lot of fascinating places near where they live, work, and play. For example, I live in Houston, Texas, and I find that there are a lot of places where visitors go where I haven't been to but have passed by on the way to school, violin, piano, or going anywhere. A city or region can be a fascinating place.

When I lived in Texas I wish I had gotten to the Johnson Space Center and I don't know why I didn't go to Dealy Plaza, I lived about an hour or so from Dallas. I didn't even think about it until I had been out of Texas for 5 years.

The Passage On the Stone At Mac'S Tomb Is Great

Very Nice Pics VBG

The Passage On the Stone At Mac'S Tomb  Is Great

Very Nice Pics VBG

Thanks, I used to walk past the memorial every day at work and always thought that one day I'd go in. I was pretty impressed when I finally did get inside.

I also noticed that I forgot to post some of the pics, I uploaded them but didn't add them to the posting for some reason so I'll add them here.

Click For Spoiler

This was at Nauticus (where the Battleship is docked) and I thought it was cool looking. It's an escalator.

Click For Spoiler

Love the car

But That Last Picture Looks Like A Electric Whale

Love the car

But That Last Picture Looks Like A Electric Whale

Yeah, it's actually a giant killer shark that you have to go up inside of in order to get into Nauticus, which is a museum of sorts.

I haven't been to Norfolk, VA in over 2 years. In some old way I miss the city.

I just realized that the MacArthur Memorial is visible in one of the Battleship pictures. I've put an arrow above it here to give a sense of how close they are to each other.

Click For Spoiler