Sign in to follow this  
Gossamyr

DS9 Novels

What are the best DS9 novels to read? I haven't seen most of the series. It doesn't air where I live, so I've only rented a few episodes. What novels should I read since I haven't seen most of the show? :angry:

Obvisouly you need some suggestions set before the finale so here you go to consider; Warped by K.W. Jeter and Legends of the Ferengi by Ira Steven Behr & Robert Hewitt Wolfe are some I am aware of. Episode novelizations include; Emissary, The Search, The Way of the Warrior, Trials and Tribble-ations and Far Beyond the Stars Or, there are at least 26 other paperback stories set within the series to choose from.

I suggest the trilogy that I'm reading right now. DS9 millennium. For three books it's a fairly quick read, a great mystery and has that Vorta that we love to hate, Wayoun. There's no real chronological order to read the books by so I would say pick up nay DS9 title that interests you and enjoy but try Millennium.

I'm a little over half way through the DS9 book "Fallen Heroes" by Dafydd ab Hugh and so far I love it! It's very dark and will keep you on the edge of your seat. This is the first DS9 book I've ever read but based on the first half I highly recomend it.

Fallen Heroes is my second favorite DS9 book (the first being The Siege, as I already mentioned (it's NOT a novelization of the episode.). Very dark, yes, but tightly plotted, with gut (or heart) wrenching happenings.