Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ The Lexicon ~~

Words you have only seen here. Or words you have made up for here. or mannerisms or catch phrases or nicknames for people in here, just StarTrekFans.Net stuff. Our own language. :laugh:

let's see...

w00t

cheesecake (ok, so I didn't invent it, who cares?)

Q stole my bike stole my thread (QSMBSMT)

Gothca, QSMBSMT :laugh:

Edited by Jeanway

Lameup, this is when a thread is going along real nice, everybody's leaving nice snappy posts and then someone drops in and posts something really lame and lameups the whole place. I think most of us have done this at least once. No pointing fingers now, and if you're saying to yourself "Well I never do that" you probably do it more than most of us. :laugh:

Lameup, this is when a thread is going along real nice, everybody's leaving nice snappy posts and then someone drops in and posts something really lame and lameups the whole place. I think most of us have done this at least once. No pointing fingers now, and if you're saying to yourself "Well I never do that" you probably do it more than most of us.  :roflmao:

Ok, so it takes me a while to get used to the games threads.... I admit it!

Hey I remember a really stupid joke about T-Rexs nad moving avatars that I posted here once that just lameuped the thread it was in an any thread closeby, so don't feel bad. :roflmao::roflmao:

For example, I just lameuped the TOS Favorite Guest Character thread real good. :roflmao:

Edited by fenriz275

WOULD YOU TWO PLEASE GET OFF THE LAMEUP THING YOUR ,OH, RIGHT, YOUR LAMEING UP MY THREAD!!!!! Now I'm blivitized, again :laugh:

Aeosyndracon

Never seen it. Where is it and what does it mean? :blink:

Edited by Jeanway

cheesecake (ok, so I didn't invent it, who cares?)

I feel like elaborating on the cheesecake thing. Not jus cheesecake a a dessert, I mean the way I use the word cheesecake.

Examples:

-That scared the cheesecake out of me!

-What the cheesecake?

The funny thing is, I talk like that in regular conversation. I've been doing that long before joinning STF, but I've been doing it more often since coming here...Hmmm...Well, cheesecake is just kinda my catch-phrase I guess...

Aeosyndracon

Never seen it. Where is it and what does it mean? :blink:

Would anyone want to create a meaning for "Aeosyndracon"?

I know what "draconian" means...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Mmmmmm, a few DoctorWhoFortyTwo-ean words...

Click For Spoiler
anachrophobia Fear of temporal displacement.Origin: "Doctor Who: Anachrophobia"

backtraveling Traveling against the usual flow of time.Origin: "Happy Accidents" (movie)

doubleplusungood Extraordinarily bad.Origin: "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

frak A certain swear word Lt. Starbuck uses...Origin: Battlestar Galactica

Galactican Term for a fan of Battlestar Galactica.Origin: Basic Battlestar Galactica fandom

Hodgkin's Law of Parallel Planet Development Where in which, similar planets' civilisations evolve similarly, unless some outside force intervenes.Origin: Star Trek

Leaper A Quantum Leap fan.Origin: Basic Quantum Leap fandom

parallelities Synonym to a reality that parallels ours in some manner.Origin: "Parallelities"

quillard A page full of zeroes with the number one in the beginning of it.Origin: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

steam-punk The genre of science-fiction (usually) that takes place in the time or style of the Victorian age. Most times technology in this genre is supported by steam-power.Origin: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Whovian More often used term for a fan of Doctor Who.Origin: Basic Doctor Who fandom

wowzer Some word DrWho42 made up one day... Someone probably uses this word... Somewhere out there....Origin: Unknown

WSOGMM (Whole Sort Of General Mish-Mash) A synonym to the more commonly used: multiverse. Origin: "Mostly Harmless"

zark A certain word Zaphod Beeblebrox uses, possibly derived from the Great Prophet Zarquon.Origin: "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

...Anyways, it has been awhile since anyone has added to this thread. :picard-sith:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

Yep, it's been a while Doc. Hmm, let's see...... :lol:

Bandwagonning- That's when a thread goes off-topic and stays there.

Multi-Thread Bandwaggoning- That's when a thread goes off-topic FROM a different thread.

Thread Hyjack- Taking one person's idea from a thread title and starting a new thread about the same thing only with the title a little different.